PDA

View Full Version : Good time to buy an older car?

Stickygeko
09-02-2015, 01:46 PM
Hi Guys

Just looking for a bit of input.

With the release of all the new cars recently and or soon to be released, Do you think its a good time to buy a car thats just been/being replaced?

Prices seem to be coming down quite quickly IE looking at a KF they're going for 120-150 ish... guy at our local sold one for 100 the other day.

Or would you wait to see if they drop further? Im not a top driver by any stretch of the imagination. I seem to be a regular in C final with the occasional visit to the B, A final is dominated by 4wd. I think I could do better with a better car (drive a v1 dex210) mainly on carpet with astro in summer.

It doesnt have to be a KF, thats just one i looked at, b5m and bmax2 have come down too

thoughts would be appreciated

thanks
Paul

PaulRotheram
09-02-2015, 02:56 PM
I would say for a good condition second hand car of most makes then £120-£150 is always going to be the asking price dependant on condition and what extras it has.

Unless theyre a few generations old, or the RRP has plummeted ( durangos for example ) then you'l rarely get anything sub £100

Kf, b5m and bmax 2 are all a generation old now, so i would personally say as above - 120/150 is a good price.

I have a very good KF that will be going up for sale if you decide to go that way.

J77MYF
09-02-2015, 04:19 PM
I bought a YZ-2 last weekend. I've thought about selling my 6 month old B-Max2 V.3 with various spares including ball diff. I've not advertised it yet but if I can get £150 for it then I'd sell it, if not I'll just keep it as a spare car for now. I've had some good results with it and it's still a very good car.