PDA

View Full Version : Any tried Mini Pin 2 Yet?

bretts
09-02-2015, 04:28 PM
Hi All,

I like these.....

http://insidelineracing.co.uk/images/stories/virtuemart/product/u6804_w.jpg

http://insidelineracing.co.uk/inside-line-shop/wheels-tyres-inserts/tyres/schumacher-tyres/schumacher-mini-pin-2-yellow-p

Has anyone tried them out yet?

At the BWOC maybe, if they were allowed?

danmurphy
09-02-2015, 04:42 PM
And.. will the cars fit in the BRCA box with them on?

Aire valley
09-02-2015, 05:45 PM
Paul Kemp....remember him Brett..?....tried them at Batley yesterday, sports hall,slippy, part carpet...and said he thought there was a slight improvement over originals..... could be worth a try..

bretts
09-02-2015, 05:57 PM
Deffo going to get some once mine are down to the tread bar:lol:

Didn't expect massive improvement but I like their development ideas.

Ta Alan

P.S. Yep, I saw Paul in Modelsport (& maybe Simon) last time I was in. It was like a school reunion with Jools, Bob, Paul, all there.

neallewis
09-02-2015, 09:38 PM
I've got a set off Moss Models at BWOC, plan in running them at next York 4wd.
They over hang the wheels same amount as regular pins, but the profile seems rounder, and i need to check internal ribbing on old tyre. there is none on the v2.

bretts
09-02-2015, 10:20 PM
Well Neal I expect a full indepth investigation listing all the Pros and Cons:thumbsup:

Danny Harrison
10-02-2015, 02:55 AM
First thing I noticed is less material on the pins, as in the pin is narrower and comes to a smaller point. In theory they should bed in quicker and also wear out quicker.

I also think they will give slightly more grip on slippy floor due to the higher load on each pin. Almost like going from a mini spike to a mini pin but less dramatic.

They do feel very soft with a normal blue foam insert, Im thinking the slightly firmer white balls out insert is the way to go.

mark christopher
10-02-2015, 03:33 PM
The new tyre has a thinner wall thickness which is aimed at providing more traction and improved bump handling. The pins have been designed to have more of a radius edge as opposed to the square edge on the previous and hugely popular Mini Pin tyre. This allows the tyre to work perfectly straight from the packet, without the need for bedding in

Danny Harrison
10-02-2015, 06:23 PM
The new tyre has a thinner wall thickness which is aimed at providing more traction and improved bump handling. The pins have been designed to have more of a radius edge as opposed to the square edge on the previous and hugely popular Mini Pin tyre. This allows the tyre to work perfectly straight from the packet, without the need for bedding in

Do you know if they are making fronts too?

FrogPrince82
10-02-2015, 08:00 PM
From the sounds of the oople BWOC review, you're the last person to be giving advice on tyres Danny lol

Danny Harrison
10-02-2015, 09:29 PM
Pmsl, they worked awesome though!

RichyUK
11-02-2015, 08:54 AM
Used these last night at my local Maritime track which is pretty much all carpet now.

These tyres certainly have more movement in the carcass so feel softer. Overall the grip was improved I'd say, and did work well straight away, even on a slippery jump we have where normal pins need a bit of bedding in the get drive on it.

I reckon they'll be good on slippery floor, we'll see when we add some more slippery back to the track.

Was concerned they would wear quicker than normal pins, but they appear to have worn pretty much the same.

Noob
11-02-2015, 12:01 PM
anyone tried the new wide cut staggers as well ? I have got some but not ran them yet.

Gunter
17-02-2015, 08:42 PM
What insert have people used on the new yellow mini pin 2 for 4wd? The standard U6734 Schumacher med?

Cheers guys

tomtom
17-02-2015, 11:13 PM
I didn't try them yet (tomorrow) but got a set of used ones (1 race).

First of the wall is quite softer than regular minipins, almost like a dirt tire so overall with medium insert it feels really soft.
Good thing is the tire still is in good shape after that race, wear seems the same for all pins. A regular mini will wear more in the center and when almost slick there start to lose grip.
So it may take less time to bed in, last a bit longer (or at least keep some grip even used), I like it, especially as we run on pins on our astrotrack.

Noob
18-02-2015, 12:08 AM
I tried the pini pins and staggers on my b44.3.
On carpet it drastically lost steering as the rear held too much as I have it more so the back slips a little, I changed to mini spikes and it slipped more, I bounced it off the walls more times than I cared for, glad I had rpm wishbones on :wub
I disconnected the stiffer anti roll bar and it ran great with mini spikes and staggered on.

I didn't do much else but the mini pin 2 are really grippy on carpet on my 4wd and I didn't alter much to compensate it that night so still need to play with it more.
Might be better with mini pins on the front as well ?

Love the new wide staggered though :thumbsup: