PDA

View Full Version : KF2 quality car build but.....

FLINDERSMAN
06-03-2015, 07:00 AM
Is everyone having to dremel the sidepod on the chassis so there's room to get your shorty lipos in and out.after spending all that money on a brillant rc car and spares too im reluctant to start drilling and sanding and find it hard to believe that schmacher haven't thought of something better to get round this issue.
Thank paul

Muzzie
06-03-2015, 08:54 AM
Is everyone having to dremel the sidepod on the chassis so there's room to get your shorty lipos in and out.after spending all that money on a brillant rc car and spares too im reluctant to start drilling and sanding and find it hard to believe that schmacher haven't thought of something better to get round this issue.
Thank paul

Yes I had to cut mine :thumbdown: everyone who uses a shorty lipo will be in the same boat..

I bet there will be a alloy upgrade out soon... :lol: £££

hazeandfizz
06-03-2015, 09:50 AM
Guys,

The reason the sidepod is supplied full height is for when you build the car with saddles. If you then want to run in shorty layout all you need to do is carry out the small modification to the sidepod.

Regards,
James.

mark christopher
06-03-2015, 10:32 AM
Or follow the instructions and unscrew it

Xracer
06-03-2015, 01:39 PM
Yes guys could not agree more on this one, a simple cut-away incorporated into the moulding of a depth sufficient to slip in the shorty that does not compromise the integrity of the side pod, after all that is what we end up doing, simples!!!!

Still I suppose one reason towards KF3!

What other niggles do we have I wonder? :woot:

alport
26-03-2015, 01:39 PM
This mod is not needed if you use low profile shorty lipos. Example: Yokomo 3500mah 80c lipo.