PDA

View Full Version : Best Passes

neilcragg
01-12-2008, 03:25 PM
I love a great pass. After watching the 3rd leg of the touring car worlds (Rhienard and Hara) i was interested to know if any other racers have a favourite pass, either on or off road.

Spencer Mulcahy
01-12-2008, 03:34 PM
Well you may remember this one Neil it was you at Kiddy two years. I think it was in one of the 2wd a finals you took Pidge at the top right corner, you could tell it was good as everyone cheered. Someone said near me "he must have breathed in to get past there".

Spencer Mulcahy
01-12-2008, 03:36 PM
Bury is on again this Sunday will be nice see you there same place as before.:thumbsup:

Yardeeee
01-12-2008, 03:41 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr Jared Tebo...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=D0AQ8fxrpug

It's not just that it's a great move, it's because an event win is also on the line, and it's against arguably the greatest RC racer of all time, Masami. If you don't want to watch the whole race (but I would recommend it) skip to 1:50 and look out for the entrance off the triple onto the back straight... :thumbsup:

Bradders
01-12-2008, 03:41 PM
I love a great pass. After watching the 3rd leg of the touring car worlds (Rhienard and Hara) i was interested to know if any other racers have a favourite pass, either on or off road.

Stotfold 2007. 4wd B final. Me passing you... Last lap, last corner. Enough said! :thumbsup:

Adam Skelding
01-12-2008, 03:46 PM

Batley Regional for me 2003. Banked corner end of the straight, me up the inside of you. Finest moment of my R/C career! Been mainly sharply downhill since then.

Kinda pay back for when you mugged me off at Tesside 2wd Regional the year before.

Northy
01-12-2008, 03:46 PM
Neil, Telford couple (or longer) years ago, in the wet, down the hill into the hairpin-ish first corner. You literally slid up the inside of someone (can't remember who :woot:) and you both handbraked it into the corner. Two cars, side by side, sliding sideways, but totally in control. Awesome :D

G

PTRU
01-12-2008, 03:58 PM
Junior nat finals at Hampshire track third leg A final between Darren Bloomfeild and Tony Truman third leg to count last two laps the lead changed three to four times a lap there was a lot of great moves from Darren and Tony that Day Darron won by Half a car length.Best racing I have seen to date.

Darren Boyle had several hart attacks in that time.
Great track for racing.
Phill T

neilcragg
01-12-2008, 04:01 PM
Stotfold 2007. 4wd B final. Me passing you... Last lap, last corner. Enough said! :thumbsup:

:(...

neilcragg
01-12-2008, 04:03 PM

Italy 08:o

Kecky
01-12-2008, 04:06 PM

You did ask :lol:

Bradders
01-12-2008, 04:06 PM

Immediate reaction isn't printable, so i'll just say "Rubbing's racing!!" :lol:

Wraggy
01-12-2008, 04:08 PM
ha ha quality !!! but it slightly shades it being in the "B Final" Bradders !!

Bradders
01-12-2008, 04:11 PM
but it slightly shades it being in the "B Final" Bradders !!

It coulda been the G final, it'd still have been funny because I know how much it hurts him being passed! :woot:

Chris Doughty
01-12-2008, 04:13 PM
this seems to have turned into a thread called "once... I passed Neil..."

personally I liked stotfold 2008 Leg1 in 4WD... both front tires off and I put a move on you... happy days :thumbsup: :p

Chrislong
01-12-2008, 04:17 PM
The one I remember best is Cragg at Kiddy a couple of years back, the one Spencer mentions. Pidge get the lead, driving as hard as he can, yet Neil pulls him in, catches and overtakes with no hesitation. Im sure moves like that defy logic & physics, anyone else and that'd been both cars off into the bushes. :lol:

Neil, somehow the majority of great passes I remember involve you or Tricky. :thumbsup:

ashleyb4
01-12-2008, 04:31 PM
It wasnt a great pass but its one i made and i liked it :p it was at worksop indoor finals this year. I caught 2nd place in my final somewhere low lol and took the inside line onto the corner table top and just took it at the right andgle and jumped accross it passing him :) Caught 1st then it just went down hill lol.

A

Northy
01-12-2008, 04:33 PM
No, actually I'm going to change my mind.

One night at York (bear with me here...) there was like this totally awesome kid running a 12 year old tub RC10 team car, as he approached the jump he came up on a backmarker, who hesitated. He clipped the rear wheel of the backmarkers car on the up ramp. As the car took off it started to rotate SIDEWAYS:woot:. This kid was soooo cool, took it all in his stride. The car kept rotating, as if in slow motion, until it was right side up again (passing the backmarker during this time). It then landed perfectly on the very short down ramp, and off he went on his way to winning the A main by a lap :thumbsup::thumbsup:

The kid was totally awesome dude. Best move I have EVER seen :D

G

Lee
01-12-2008, 04:34 PM
He sounds like a cock to me :lol:

Wraggy
01-12-2008, 04:36 PM
It wasnt a great pass but its one i made and i liked it :p it was at worksop indoor finals this year. I caught 2nd place in my final somewhere low lol and took the inside line onto the corner table top and just took it at the right andgle and jumped accross it passing him :) Caught 1st then it just went down hill lol.

A
and thats just before you told the ref to F%$k off !!:woot::woot::woot:

ashleyb4
01-12-2008, 04:39 PM

That was then and this is now im not proud of what i did and if i was in that possition again i would certainly deal with it diffrently. Can we please leave it be.

A

Northy
01-12-2008, 04:41 PM

I believe he said something a little different to that ;)

G

Nick Goodall
01-12-2008, 05:16 PM
For me personally it was '99 National 2wd A Final at Hampshire, i went round the outside of Kevin Moore on the banking before the jump infront of the Rostrum, 2wd with the Losi XX "CR" lol

Gooood times :lol:

David Church
02-12-2008, 06:25 AM
What about Lee on the way home from Italy, passing the old bill in the middle of the road waving his arms:lol::thumbsup:

Northy
02-12-2008, 09:08 AM
He sounds like a cock to me :lol:

I assure you Edward he's like totally frickin' awesome :thumbsup:

G

Lee
02-12-2008, 09:23 AM
What about Lee on the way home from Italy, passing the old bill in the middle of the road waving his arms:lol::thumbsup:

That was a great pass, i was doing 110 and just pinned it when i saw him :thumbsup:

Lee Martin
03-12-2008, 10:26 AM

thought we were talking about passes???

Not take outs............................

:woot:

Bradders
03-12-2008, 06:12 PM
thought we were talking about passes???

Not take outs............................

:woot:

:thumbsup: You've just earnt yourself a free drink from moi. haha

Stu
03-12-2008, 06:18 PM
Well you may remember this one Neil it was you at Kiddy two years. I think it was in one of the 2wd a finals you took Pidge at the top right corner, you could tell it was good as everyone cheered. Someone said near me "he must have breathed in to get past there".

http://www.northernracer.com/posted/51.jpg

I know Lee-Mag keeps making passes at Lil-Ben - is that counted - :eh?:

b4rs
07-12-2008, 10:56 AM
i had a curry last night. that was a bitch to pass, it also was near enough a 3rd leg.

Teddy truman
09-12-2008, 10:45 AM
ellis on lee at bury metro 4wd national... sorry lee... ellis did a jumping up the inside at the end of the straight.. lee had nowhere to go..

chrispattinson
09-12-2008, 11:59 AM
Any pass that makes the driver of the car being passed comment.
I remember mine being up the inside of Ishy at an outdoor regional last year, not sure which one, and just hearing him from the other end of the rostrum "bloody hell, nice move!"

super__dan
09-12-2008, 12:03 PM
Tony I think I know the one you mean there and a lot of credit has to go to the person being passed to accept they’ve been taken and not just turn in anyway and take both of you out. Racecraft is very different to just being fast and it’s no coincidence that the people that find themselves in the National A’s always have it.

IceMike
09-12-2008, 12:45 PM
Best one for me, this year taly national, neil sideways at the end of the straight power sliding rally style with his 2wd past someone i dont remember who, think it was leg 3 of the final though, dont remember was drinkin by then

Big E
09-12-2008, 01:13 PM
Best one for me, this year taly national, neil sideways at the end of the straight power sliding rally style with his 2wd past someone i dont remember who, think it was leg 3 of the final though, dont remember was drinkin by then

That would be the one where he clean knocked me out of the way as he slid in :cry:...fair does though as I had stuffed him up the wing at the start :woot:

E.

IceMike
09-12-2008, 01:28 PM
HAHA thats it i remember now!! anyone got any video of taht classic move?? :P and the corners neil took before that one!

Body Paint
09-12-2008, 03:13 PM
ellis on lee at bury metro 4wd national... sorry lee... ellis did a jumping up the inside at the end of the straight.. lee had nowhere to go..

That's the one I was going for... super commited into the first corner and nailed the handbrake down the inside.... surely only Ellis could have made that BANZAAAAIIIIIII...

TONY: I remember you getting a bit excited about my last corner heroics at the F2's in Holbeach ;)

Teddy truman
10-12-2008, 07:49 AM
lol i was drunk but i seem to remember you coming out at the front some how lol:p

Body Paint
10-12-2008, 11:19 AM
I know you were drunk, I thought you were going to kiss me :o scary :lol:

Jonesy
10-12-2008, 11:34 AM
My two favourites in recent memory were both from the 'A' at this years F2's at Eastrax.

I had a shitty start to the first leg and produced some of my best racing to date to rope in Arslaan and got him on the inside of the second to last 180 hairpin.

My favourite was on the last leg and the very last corner where I nipped thorugh on the inside of James Helliwell (sorry mate) and 'out' dragged him to line whcih gave me 4th overall at the meeting. The pass is on You Tube somewhere, I would recommend looking it up!!! :D

Southwell
10-12-2008, 11:48 AM
My two favourites in recent memory were both from the 'A' at this years F2's at Eastrax.

I had a shitty start to the first leg and produced some of my best racing to date to rope in Arslaan and got him on the inside of the second to last 180 hairpin.

My favourite was on the last leg and the very last corner where I nipped thorugh on the inside of James Helliwell (sorry mate) and 'out' dragged him to line whcih gave me 4th overall at the meeting. The pass is on You Tube somewhere, I would recommend looking it up!!! :D

Here you go Jonesy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOODk5BAiMw

Welshy40
10-12-2008, 08:14 PM

Well my moves wont be anywhere near as good as yours, but my favourite has got to be a mid air overtaking manoever to take the lead at a small 2wd carpet event in Wales. I was third and somehow managed to hit the ramp at the wrong angle and managed to get the perfect line into the corner (after the ramp) and still to this day havent the foggiest how my car moved quite like it did whilst in the air and whilst flying I managed to over take the two cars fighting for the lead. Small event but one hell of a great days racing.

Welshy40
10-12-2008, 08:16 PM
i had a curry last night. that was a bitch to pass, it also was near enough a 3rd leg.

:woot: class!!!!!:woot: