PDA

View Full Version : Woolworths Sale

losixxx
05-12-2008, 07:26 AM
just seen on the news that Woolworths have 50% of everything starting today....! tv report showed sign in window saying off everything in-store however The Sun says selected items so not 100% sure what it actually is but worth a trip!

Southwell
05-12-2008, 08:14 AM
Box of hamsters comes to mind :lol:

savageman25
06-12-2008, 04:53 PM
just seen on the news that Woolworths have 50% of everything starting today....! tv report showed sign in window saying off everything in-store however The Sun says selected items so not 100% sure what it actually is but worth a trip!
spoke to a mate today about woolworths 50% thing and he said its not everything, it doesnt sound right, take aa ps3 for instance, that would make it worth just over £100.
My mate bought some stuff and he only got it half price because his mate was working on the till and he got a staff discount on it?:eh?::eh?:

Garry Driffill
06-12-2008, 04:59 PM
The place looked about as organised as TK-Maxx at the on in Hull town centre :lol:

MattADH
06-12-2008, 05:07 PM
The place looked about as organised as TK-Maxx at the on in Hull town centre :lol:

I can imagine.... Anyone been dragged round Next when they have one of their sales - its horrible!

Apparently it was Friday and Saturday but a range of discount UP TO 50%.

Garry Driffill
06-12-2008, 05:19 PM
We found this voice recording toy - Left some awsome recordings on it :lol:

Danosborne6661
06-12-2008, 05:55 PM
So is it 50% off everything? And IS that including pick 'n' mix?:woot::woot::woot:

mark christopher
06-12-2008, 07:22 PM
up to 50% off is what it says on the boards

B4 Sloth
06-12-2008, 07:27 PM
20% off some 'plastic organisers with dividers'. All nice and clear and cheap as chips. Sadly I bought all I could carry...the pepper pig caravan set was a must have and limited me to four.

Nintento wii was 10% and money off x box- which is fine til they go wrong..ever the pesamist.

sosidge
07-12-2008, 08:29 AM
"50% off" - what a joke!

The only things that were half-price in our local Woolies were some own-brand hairdryers and novelty gifts.

Most items like confectionery, toys and housewares were 20% off - maybe a decent saving for some people but not worth going crazy over, considering most of the other big stores have had 20% off days recently.

Electronics and games were only 10% off so probably no cheaper than anywhere else.

Woolies have done a good job of pulling the proverbial "wool" over our eyes about the sale - I bet a lot of people made a special trip out and were sorely disappointed - either that or they just bought the stuff anyway. Shops have been very busy round here already, I get the feeling that people are maxing out their cards for one last time before the economy goes completely down the pan...