PDA

View Full Version : Electronics Geeks I need your help :)

Danny McGee
09-12-2008, 11:55 AM
Afternoon folks,

Here is my question for you all to have a go at.

I have a Sony Bravia D Series 40" 40D3500 HD 1080p Freeview Widescreen tv and i would like the ability to record / pause / rewind the freeview. I've been looking at the like of the sky+ systems and the Humax PVR-9300T 320GB amugnst others but i dont really want the additional freeview as i already have it. So is there a system where i can record the lot onto a hard drive without the need of the additional freeview?

If so could you put up some links etc so that i can have a look.

Cheers in advanced

Danny

Southwell
09-12-2008, 11:59 AM
I believe your only options are: Sky +, New freeview with HDD or a DVD recorder, but you can only record then and would need to change the channels yourself to record.
Ive not heard of anything like you are after.

O, one last option, new TV with built in recording facility, but i doubt you'd be interested in that one. ;)

RogerM
09-12-2008, 12:13 PM
Recorder with a tuner is also useful so you can watch something on the TV (using it's tuner) and record something else using the recorder's tuner.

I find it really useful with V+ (Virgin Media cable) having 3 tuners so you can watch 1 thing and record 2 others ..... everything I want to watch is always on at the same time as each other ....

mobile chicane
09-12-2008, 03:18 PM
I have the humax its ace :)

Nick Goodall
09-12-2008, 03:55 PM
I personally think if you can justify Sky+ by watching enough TV it has to be the best all round option? Nice and simple, easy to use and soo good for not having to waste time watching Adverts, i even avoid watching TV until a program has been on for 15 mins (if it has Ad's) just so i can skip them!

Danny McGee
09-12-2008, 05:26 PM
Another more general question now

i want a wall mounting kit for it that allows for some tilting up to about 15 degs i think will do. any suggestions? Ive looked at the sony one but dont really fancy paying another £150 for one when im sure theres something cheaper out there that will do EXACTLY the same job :)

Danny McGee
09-12-2008, 05:38 PM
I have the humax its ace :)

Which humax you using? 3000T?

how much did you get it for and from?

i think i can get it for £159 but thats the best ive managed to find

Danny McGee
09-12-2008, 05:44 PM
I personally think if you can justify Sky+ by watching enough TV it has to be the best all round option? Nice and simple, easy to use and soo good for not having to waste time watching Adverts, i even avoid watching TV until a program has been on for 15 mins (if it has Ad's) just so i can skip them!

lol, you legend.

You can do that with a humax too, i'm not really going to be watching tv that much, gonna be working some long hours soon, just though it would be handy to have something that can record :)

ashleyb4
09-12-2008, 05:59 PM
Ive got Bt vision not sure how much it is as i got it free but its like free view but you can record, rewind tv watch films on demand and they just get added to you phone bill. easy peasy.

A

MATTY
10-12-2008, 12:31 AM
Sky+ forget your freeview

Bracket all about the same price, easy to pick up form here

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/catalogId/1500001151/partNumber/5345966.htm