PDA

View Full Version : Seriously AMAZING Slot Racing Track...

Nick Goodall
09-12-2008, 04:53 PM
I always loved the thought of having something like this one day as a kid but would never have the time or patience - and i think you'll see what i mean if you have time to go through a few of the pages in this link, it's truly stunning! There was me thinking R/C racing requires attention to detail...

http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/portal/forums/showthread.php?t=21249

millzy
09-12-2008, 04:58 PM
The white track looks amazing

but id rather be busy shagging than being a slot racing detailed track building geek

Nick Goodall
09-12-2008, 05:00 PM

but id rather be busy shagging than being a slot racing detailed track building geek

Haha just think what his Wife must be like to let him do that or for him to want to spend THAT much time! Would have been good just to buy it like that lol.

Have you gone to page 4 / 5? It's almost scary the amount of detail!!

Lee
09-12-2008, 05:00 PM

but id rather be busy shagging a slot racing detailed track building geek

are you sure?:lol:

millzy
09-12-2008, 05:05 PM
yeah Nick just on it now, the bit about making the number plates Norwegian- crazy

GRIFF55
09-12-2008, 05:20 PM
My Grandad made myself and brother one very similar for christmas years ago. It had snow covered mountains out of cardboard, frozen lakes etc.
Shame me and my bro used to just race the hell out of it. Just too young to apreciate the work that went into it i suppose:(
You gota admire the effort the guys putting in:D, top job!

How did you find that Nick?

Teddy truman
10-12-2008, 07:58 AM
nick you been to the track in ringwood...? i went there a couple of years back... awsome!!!

http://www.slotcarfun.co.uk/index.htm

Nick Goodall
10-12-2008, 09:00 AM
My Grandad made myself and brother one very similar for christmas years ago. It had snow covered mountains out of cardboard, frozen lakes etc.
Shame me and my bro used to just race the hell out of it. Just too young to apreciate the work that went into it i suppose:(
You gota admire the effort the guys putting in:D, top job!

How did you find that Nick?

Yeah i can't imagine how long it would take but does look good - as you say though, you couldn't really appreciate it as a kid :lol:

We were talking about old 80's toys and stuff at work and this guy used to race Slot cars so said about that site and how some people go in for detail rather then the racing side of things - so we looked it up.

Remember the old Scalextric adverts from this time of year? The Pole position set with the smoke and everything was the nuts :D

GRIFF55
10-12-2008, 09:08 AM
And then they had the lap counting section of track out:o, our is still in a box somewhere. I used to love saving for the cars. mk1 mexico was the favourite!!

franki
10-12-2008, 09:22 AM
being an only child the fun leval was never the same :yawn:

They are mint though!!!!

Teddy truman
10-12-2008, 09:30 AM
I bought the RMS PC interface for it a couple of years back.... think its in lee's garage lol we have two big sprt lemans tracks:lol:

IceMike
10-12-2008, 11:35 AM
WAY WAY WAY!!!! TO MUCH TIME ON THAT GUYS HANDS

gramey
10-12-2008, 11:40 PM

:)He say's already got three kids, perhaps he's catholic and the scalextric is his form of contraception?:)