PDA

View Full Version : Stu Wood RC Class

woOdy
03-06-2015, 01:16 PM
Would anyone be interested if I put another set up day?
You would have my experience of set ups with the car's, electrics, radios and driving.
If there is a yes off a few then I will organise it as I have been asked a few times when the next one will be.

Maddy
03-06-2015, 01:28 PM
defiantly stu and thanks for the offer.

washy13
03-06-2015, 01:52 PM
Yes please

Stu Dixon
03-06-2015, 05:20 PM
Yes please :thumbsup:

Mr Satchell
03-06-2015, 05:26 PM
I defo need this stu

NeilRalph77
03-06-2015, 05:57 PM
Yeh please.

matt76
03-06-2015, 08:25 PM
Yes please Stu :thumbsup:

Ross
03-06-2015, 09:00 PM
Sounds good, I need to learn some time :)

Tayter
03-06-2015, 09:07 PM
yes please was going to ask you if you could help me and Cam, maybe he will listen to you more than he listens to me !!!!

Tansley
03-06-2015, 10:46 PM
Hi Stu, some people like me when they started to race thought how simple it looks and they would be the next world beater. After racing for some time and seeing some very good racers I know I'll never be that good, but I know if I get the chance to hear the basics from a very good racer, I might improve but I'll enjoy the sport even more; so yes, please put me on the list.

Gupz
04-06-2015, 12:01 AM
I'd be up for that Stu! Depends on where and when though. Being from the South West, it's a bit of a trek to get to Bury lol

woOdy
04-06-2015, 07:07 AM
I'd be up for that Stu! Depends on where and when though. Being from the South West, it's a bit of a trek to get to Bury lol

Ha Ha, thats why I put it in the North West section.
Anyone is welcome though but as Bury is my local track it will not cost myself anything to travel to the track.
I am sure you will all understand that my experience will help you all and as I will not be asking for anything in return I feel that its only right for people to come to me if they need help.
If people want to pay for my travel then I will go anywhere! lol.
I may even be persuaded to be a pit bitch for a small cost? lol.

fil9144
04-06-2015, 08:09 AM
Would anyone be interested if I put another set up day?
You would have my experience of set ups with the car's, electrics, radios and driving.
If there is a yes off a few then I will organise it as I have been asked a few times when the next one will be.

Anyone is welcome though but as Bury is my local track it will not cost myself anything to travel to the track.
I am sure you will all understand that my experience will help you all and as I will not be asking for anything in return I feel that its only right for people to come to me if they need help.

When was you thinking Pal?

woOdy
04-06-2015, 10:00 AM
When was you thinking Pal?

Not too sure yet as I was just wondering if anyone would be interested first.
After all the people have said they would be interested I might have to think about this more as I cant guide and help alot of people at once so I might have to limit the numbers and spread it over a few days/weekends.
I will have a think and a chat with some of my friends and we will get something sorted.:woot:

milesallen
04-06-2015, 12:36 PM
yes please - :thumbsup:

Gupz
04-06-2015, 01:24 PM

Haha, I didn't see it was in the NW section..... I just clicked the post from the 'news' page.....
I'd pay you for a day of being my pit bitch Stu :) Well worth it, if it get's me racing to a decent standard. Or at least get's me on the right path, it would be a massive help and well worth it...... It's that or I spend another few hundred quid upgrading my car in an attempt of spending cash to make it go faster!!

If it doesn't work....go to the shop and spend some more cash....... If that doesn't work, you clearly haven't spent enough! ;)

woOdy
04-06-2015, 02:06 PM
Haha, I didn't see it was in the NW section..... I just clicked the post from the 'news' page.....
I'd pay you for a day of being my pit bitch Stu :) Well worth it, if it get's me racing to a decent standard. Or at least get's me on the right path, it would be a massive help and well worth it...... It's that or I spend another few hundred quid upgrading my car in an attempt of spending cash to make it go faster!!

If it doesn't work....go to the shop and spend some more cash....... If that doesn't work, you clearly haven't spent enough! ;)

The only thing I would suggest spending your hard earned money on is a decent ESC like an Orion R10.
Everything else is a muchness.

Colin Kirkham
04-06-2015, 03:58 PM
I would be up for that depending on dates..
And I love the bury track :thumbsup:

Gupz
04-06-2015, 08:41 PM
The only thing I would suggest spending your hard earned money on is a decent ESC like an Orion R10.
Everything else is a muchness.

I've got the Reedy Blackbox and 7.5t Mach 2 motor, Orion servo. Orion shortie.

I run the 4wd with an LRP Flow and x20 6.5 - Orion shortie.

They cost a bloody fortune, so hopefully they will be good enough to do the job ;) I struggle with set up. The problem is that I don't really understand what each change does to the car. I get the basics, but when it comes to finer bits like the inserts on the rear wheels, the toe in/out on the front and back etc..... I don't really get it. It would be great to have you on hand, or one of the Southern top end drivers for a day of help. Not just for me, but for a lot of the racing community.

I see a lot of guys spending a fortune on their cars and hop ups. None of them have a clue why, except that it's what they have seen a 'top' driver put on their car, or what someone has suggested they do. Or.....like me, they think that the more you spend, the faster you go!

fil9144
04-06-2015, 09:46 PM
Not too sure yet as I was just wondering if anyone would be interested first.
After all the people have said they would be interested I might have to think about this more as I cant guide and help alot of people at once so I might have to limit the numbers and spread it over a few days/weekends.
I will have a think and a chat with some of my friends and we will get something sorted.:woot:

Put me down pal

woOdy
05-06-2015, 07:02 AM
I've got the Reedy Blackbox and 7.5t Mach 2 motor, Orion servo. Orion shortie.

I run the 4wd with an LRP Flow and x20 6.5 - Orion shortie.

They cost a bloody fortune, so hopefully they will be good enough to do the job ;) I struggle with set up. The problem is that I don't really understand what each change does to the car. I get the basics, but when it comes to finer bits like the inserts on the rear wheels, the toe in/out on the front and back etc..... I don't really get it. It would be great to have you on hand, or one of the Southern top end drivers for a day of help. Not just for me, but for a lot of the racing community.

I see a lot of guys spending a fortune on their cars and hop ups. None of them have a clue why, except that it's what they have seen a 'top' driver put on their car, or what someone has suggested they do. Or.....like me, they think that the more you spend, the faster you go!

Yes you have spent alot! lol
Yes I will help with all what you need and I tell you what those changes do on the track and not fill your head with crap.

South wise I know LMR do a day but not to sure the fine details and you will have to ask Lee.

You are more than welcome to join me once I have organised the date.

Gupz
05-06-2015, 02:15 PM
Yes you have spent alot! lol
Yes I will help with all what you need and I tell you what those changes do on the track and not fill your head with crap.

South wise I know LMR do a day but not to sure the fine details and you will have to ask Lee.

You are more than welcome to join me once I have organised the date.

Thanks Stu, Send me a PM when you know what sort of time you'll have to get down South. I'll cover your fuel etc....

I know the South East has quite a big representation for RC but, here in the depths of the South West (The best bit of the UK) we don't tend to (take to kindly to strangers) have many that are willing to make the trip and give their time to help out the newer or novice racers.

It would also be a great advert to get some younger members interested in getting to the track for some 'pro' tips and tricks :thumbsup:

Petchlives
05-06-2015, 05:29 PM
Yes please stu, I need all the help I can get! Where would you be doing it?

Lee1972
05-06-2015, 07:19 PM
Me and Callum would be up for this cheers Stu.