PDA

View Full Version : What Else To Get For My B4?

stegger
08-12-2006, 01:00 PM
What springs, pistons,oils, mod motors etc should i get? for indoor and out door.....
Do i need the 2 spring sets? or just get individual springs? Oils seam to be 30 to 40wt do i need anymore ? Mod motors, what winds? Sorry for all the questions:cool:

Spencer Mulcahy
08-12-2006, 01:20 PM
I am not the best to answer but this is what I have picked up from other drivers if I say anything wrong someone correct me.

Front strings Blue and Silver No 2 piston 35wt oil

Rear springs Silver No 1 piston 25 or 30wt oil

Motor between 10 and 13 any lower will be to much.

Hope this helps.

PaulRotheram
08-12-2006, 01:31 PM
What to get? It depends on how much you want to do to your car, you can just get blue front springs, silver rear, 35 and 30 weight oil and be done.. but if you like to play then -

Blue front springs (must have)
Silver front springs
Blue rear springs (indoor 100% carpet track)
green springs (never know)
Silver rear springs (must have)

Get AE 25, 30, 35 and 40 weight oil
You already get all the pistons with the kit, although i've not wanted to change them yet!
Get a few packs of O rings, and greenslime for ace shocks

Motors? How long have you been racing? If not long then a 19 turn would be great.. if for a while a good wind for outdoors is 10x2, indoors id say 12x1

stegger
08-12-2006, 01:51 PM
Cheers boy's:cool:

FifteenthNeo
08-12-2006, 06:22 PM
Blue rear springs (indoor 100% carpet track)

Is that a definate for an all carpet track?

PaulRotheram
08-12-2006, 10:25 PM
It helps, although it depends on the amount of grip. A stiffer rear end gives more steering in some cases, but if you run silvers the car rolls more and gives more rear end.

jimmy
08-12-2006, 10:30 PM
I tend to keep my car on blue front / silver rear almost all the time. the only time ive really needed to go to grey or blue rears is on 100% super high grip carpet - which I don't really race on that often.

ashleyb4
08-12-2006, 10:56 PM
I have always ran silver springs on carpet as i was advised by a very exsperianced and fast driver.

A

Lee Martin
08-12-2006, 11:05 PM
hey there.

i would say. 25-40wt.

front- blue, brown, silver spring.

rear- green and silver.

thats all i ever use............

PaulRotheram
08-12-2006, 11:23 PM
My list is everything you'd need to tune your car for the uk tracks mind.. if you dont want to bother then go with my first advice.

Southwell
09-12-2006, 12:19 AM
hey there.

i would say. 25-40wt.

front- blue, brown, silver spring.

rear- green and silver.

thats all i ever use............

u never change the cambers pidge? good to know dood!! :cool:

woOdy
09-12-2006, 10:16 AM
There are a few things you need to do with the shock spacers in with seals to make them better. The thin white spacers you have to put a cut in them like a ' C '. This makes them smoother. You also need to shave off about 2mm off the anti squat block and put a washer on the rear wish bone pin. This is so you can make the wheel base even shorter. More grip on rear. Also put as much weight over the rear as possible. Just a good tip I have leaned over the last 12 months is to change the seals in the shocks as much as you can. On dusty tracks, every other run, clean tracks, every meeting. This does make a vast difference. trust me.

Col
09-12-2006, 04:20 PM
bloody hell! I've never changed the seals in my shocks in 18 months and only change the oil for indoors to outdoors!!
Having said that, someone is always telling me to do it more often;)

bretts
11-12-2006, 10:58 AM
I've seen a few people with 0.5 degree rear hubs. (Dan & Rich C)

Can anyone tell me the benefits?

Regarding what else to get for your B4, how about blinging it up with a titanium screw kit? or a K factory blue alloy bulkhead.

Also, get a 7 inch wing. This seems to be the trend at the mo.

rich_cree
11-12-2006, 11:18 AM
0.5 deg hubs just give a bit more back end grip when its slippy. Bit worse on bumps, more turn in, less rotation, accelerates straighter.

I wouldn't bother blinging your car out to be honest, unless you want to. I doubt you'll get any performance benefit from it.

bald eagle
16-12-2006, 03:33 PM
Hey stegger,!!;)
There is some good info coming from the other members here, I will be taking notes also.! Cant wait to do battle on jan 14th.! WOW it's going to be a very steep learning curve mate! :o

Lee
18-12-2006, 03:10 PM
You have no idea Baldy :D

stegger
18-12-2006, 05:55 PM
Bring it on BALDY:D :cool:

bald eagle
20-12-2006, 11:05 AM
I'm gunna kick ya butt stegger! (remember your bald too! :confused: )

What set up would anyone advise for a tarpaulin track for a B4? Advice on tyres would be good... In advance, many thanks for your help. ;)

PaulRotheram
20-12-2006, 11:39 AM
Tarpaulin track.. are you reffering to the NW GP by anychance?

Setup in here is pretty basic to be fair,

Front-
35 oil, number 2 piston, blue spring
Inside hole on wishbone, middle hole on tower, 2 washers on inner ballstud, running on the outer ballstud location on the hub.

Rear-
30 oil, number 1 piston, silver spring
Inside hole on wishbone, middle hole on tower, 2 washers on inner ballstud (0 if running the new U brace) middle camberlink hole on hubs, 2 antisquat, medium wheelbase.

Tyres of choice will be either schumacher yellow minipins (faster option) or schumacher yellow mini spikes (safer option)

If it is the NW GP you will be attending, you can come see me for advice on the day if you need it.

bald eagle
20-12-2006, 09:28 PM
Many thanks for the info Paul. I look forward to meeting you, and asking for more advice. ;) cheers

ianphillips
23-12-2006, 07:13 PM
so you are going to have a go at buggies, then craig. :o

PaulRotheram
23-12-2006, 07:38 PM
i'll be the nutter in the oOple t-shirt if you need me

bald eagle
23-12-2006, 10:06 PM
so you are going to have a go at buggies, then craig. :o
Well I'm doing the soutport meeting Ian. i have no idea what I will be like as i am sure you realise its a long time since I raced a buggy. Really looking forward to it though. I need to get a few bits for the car i have bought thoug. I got it second hand, stripped it down and found it needs this that and the other to make it right and reliable. Oh well, you win some you lose some :(