PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Jester
09-06-2015, 05:06 PM
Hello,

I used to race when I was kid back when it was at St Wulfram's School, turning the clock back a bit there! Want to get back into it in 2 or 3 months time and I have a question. I want to race in the 2WD Buggy group and I'm wondering what speed motor I need to be competitive? Even though I'll be a beginner again and probably not that good I still don't want to be left for dead down the straights and such. I was thinking 13.5 or maybe 10.5 turn? Any pointers would be great :thumbsup:

Cheers

Robbiejuk
15-06-2015, 08:04 PM
Sorry I missed this. I would recommend a 10.5 for our track. Not the quickest but ideal to get back into it. Plus with the right speedo and gearing they can easily match the faster motors.

We are also holding practice nights where the track is open for practice. We have the timing equipment on and you practice as much or as little as you want. There will be also be experienced racers around to advise you and give you help if you need it.

Or just come down on our tuesday club nights and race agaisnt others who are just starting out.

You will be more than welcome at the club.

Hope to see you down the track!