PDA

View Full Version : oOple Open Off Road Series - Round 3 - 4/5 July - Mendip

Gupz
22-06-2015, 01:07 PM
Welcome to the return of the oOoos! Round 3 of the 2015 series is here at Mendip RC Raceway.

Camping will be available on site for those that are staying for the weekend.

We will open the gates on Friday the 3rd of July and will make sure that someone is there to open the gate for anyone that is arriving early on the Friday evening.

The post code for your sat navs is - BS24 0AP

I will be staying at the holiday park that is short walk from the site, so please send a message if you can't get in to the site when you arrive.

We will have all our usual delights at Mendip,
Covered pits for up to 70 drivers.
Mens and Womens toilets
Camping space and caravan pitches with or without running water.
Cafe serving hot and cold food and drinks.
and a warm welcome to all the drivers from around the country :)

Please visit our website for directions www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk or send us a message on here if you need any information on the track or local area.

Welcome back oOple! We have missed you :)

DrPaul
22-06-2015, 09:15 PM
Anyone planning on camping at the Oople weekend please buy your camping pitch through our website. Local fact sheet and track info can be found on the same page. The gates will be open Friday. http://www.mendiprcraceway.co.uk/camping/

danDanEFC
23-06-2015, 06:45 AM
Is it Schumie yellows dry and bally greens in the wet?

DrPaul
23-06-2015, 08:45 AM
Hi Dan,

Yes, Shcumacher Yellows or BB Whites in the dry and BB Greens in the wet.

Track info including tyres etc ojn the track info sheet.

:)

Gupz
23-06-2015, 09:58 AM
Is it Schumie yellows dry and bally greens in the wet?

Aidan,
Standard tyres really, as in all astro tracks....

When it's really dry and the sand kicks up, Ballistic whites work very well. Otherwise, Schumacher Yellows do the trick. Cut the inner and outer rows of spikes off.

Wet,
Ballistic greens.

On the front,
It's really down to personal choice here.
4wd, when it's dry - two row studs, cut staggers or standard ribs in yellow work well depending on your car.
wet - Ballistic greens.
It's the same story for the 2wd. Except when it's wet, people have used either Schumacher green or silver cut staggers.

Hope that helps! See you in a couple of weeks and don't forget to tell Bally that I am going to whoop him this time round! Even if that means having to spike his pie with Vodka! :) I will also be laying traps for you Northern monkeys in our tent! :thumbsup:

matt76
02-07-2015, 04:38 PM
Hi,
we're traveling down from Manchester setting off at 4pm so probably won't arrive at Mendip till around 8.30pm, will we still be able to get into the camping area (already paid for)

Cheers

Matt

fivepointnine
02-07-2015, 08:32 PM
Good luck to everyone racing this weekend!

Bells
02-07-2015, 08:39 PM

Thanks I need

Gupz
02-07-2015, 09:38 PM
Hi,
we're traveling down from Manchester setting off at 4pm so probably won't arrive at Mendip till around 8.30pm, will we still be able to get into the camping area (already paid for)

Cheers

Matt

Yes indeed! If you struggle to get in, just shout on the FB page and I'll come and open the gate.

It's most likely to already be open though, so don't worry about turning up late :)

Gupz
02-07-2015, 09:39 PM

Cheers Zak :thumbsup: Are you coming down to watch some of my spectacular crashes?

I'm planning on being extra spectacular this weekend!

matt76
02-07-2015, 09:43 PM
Yes indeed! If you struggle to get in, just shout on the FB page and I'll come and open the gate.

It's most likely to already be open though, so don't worry about turning up late :)

Thank you :thumbsup:

fivepointnine
03-07-2015, 07:05 PM
Cheers Zak :thumbsup: Are you coming down to watch some of my spectacular crashes?

I'm planning on being extra spectacular this weekend!

haha, well if you are planning on some spectacular crashes, count me in! Ill probably come by for the mains.