PDA

View Full Version : S44

grindog
17-12-2008, 12:23 PM
i have just bought one of the S44 cars from ebay. I went to the atomic carbon site and noticed that they are no longer being produced but will be supported for spares.

Is there still a race team etc?

Also, is there anywhere where i can get a manual from online as mine did not come with one?

Lastly, do the top decks etc tend to go like they did on the B44? any other parts that are non B44 that are worth carrying as spares?

many thanks, john

Chris Doughty
17-12-2008, 12:34 PM
I am not sure if there is still an active race-team, but we never really changed away from a fairly standard setup anyway so its not like you will be lacking setup advise, you can also ask on here, the people that run/ran them are very helpful.

as for the manual, I don't really know, contract Jonathan via Atomic-Carbon website

the top decks were designed with more material around the holes that break, I don't think I saw any problem with any Atomic top deck.

you will find that most of the 'consumable' items you need or would break are B44 items, there are loads of people running them.

hope that helps

Body Paint
17-12-2008, 01:05 PM
I managed to break a front top deck but that was during extreme 'testing' :lol: The parts were beefed up slightly after that and I never saw a production part snap.

Like Chris said, contact Jonathan "old timer" on this forum he is very helpfull and I'm sure he'll be able to tell you how many of what part have ever been broken.

GRIFF55
17-12-2008, 02:41 PM
I have only ever seen one front top deck break and that was last week with a 5.5 in at full speed into the underside of a cat:o. That is the only atomic part i've seen go. Myself only broke wishbones and bent a battery post going for a big air contest and landing on the rear at ledbury:lol:. Very robust car and oldtimer is very helpfull!

You got a bargain there J, i believe that is mr harris old car!!

Body Paint
17-12-2008, 06:57 PM
In that case you've got the super duty front deck ;)

Danosborne6661
17-12-2008, 07:17 PM
Yup It was Craigs car! Seen it sell the other night

Thomas P
17-12-2008, 07:38 PM
smashed a front tower last summer :)...full trottle, end of straight, in a 1:1 tire (working like a flowerpot 2 inch from track...damn... :)

The AC cars are bullet-proof :)

paul01ews
17-12-2008, 08:56 PM
Same here, only ever bent or broke the B44 on Bj4 bits on mine and my 10 year old sons cars.
Jonathan is still doing flat carbon parts so spares should not be a problem and there are still quite a few people running them at club level aswell..
Paul.

strobe
17-12-2008, 09:23 PM
I had a good go at trying to break an S44 but failed. Gave Craig and Griff a good Laugh at trying.

GRIFF55
17-12-2008, 09:26 PM
that was a damn good go too!!:lol: you Curazy fool!!!

grindog
17-12-2008, 10:26 PM
cool, all sounds good! not run the car yet but loving it so far, really easy to work on etc!