PDA

View Full Version : KF2 bearing kit

Ross
28-07-2015, 09:36 PM
After running in a little bit of water at this weekends Mid south regional, I find my self needing to replace a few bearing, mainly wheel ones.

I've decided to replace all of them, what kits are people using

Ross

cjm_2008
29-07-2015, 06:15 AM
After running in a little bit of water at this weekends Mid south regional, I find my self needing to replace a few bearing, mainly wheel ones.

I've decided to replace all of them, what kits are people using

Ross

Have you tried taking the seals off & blasting them with bearing cleaner & using the proper lube?

Mine were gritty as hell after a recent wet round, but I took them out, cleaned them, lubed them up with proper bearing lube, and now they're almost as good as new. I only had to replace three. I went for the original schumacher parts.

Then again I think a full set is only about 20 quid, so it's probably wise to have a set of spares.

Ross
29-07-2015, 07:06 AM
Have you tried taking the seals off & blasting them with bearing cleaner & using the proper lube?

Mine were gritty as hell after a recent wet round, but I took them out, cleaned them, lubed them up with proper bearing lube, and now they're almost as good as new. I only had to replace three. I went for the original schumacher parts.

Then again I think a full set is only about 20 quid, so it's probably wise to have a set of spares.

I have thought about that. Ive got Avid bearing Lub, when I install the new bearings I will give the others a clean and keep,them as a spare set.

Darren Boyle
29-07-2015, 08:26 AM
Both Avid and RDRP offer a decent bearing set now for the KF2, both have been very popular....

danmurphy
29-07-2015, 08:30 AM
It's not worth messing around trying to free up gritty bearings. Rcbearings.com sell all sizes for 75p a bearing. Just get the sizes from the part numbers. Free postage as well I think.

h0m3sy
29-07-2015, 11:35 AM
It's not worth messing around trying to free up gritty bearings. Rcbearings.com sell all sizes for 75p a bearing. Just get the sizes from the part numbers. Free postage as well I think.

+1 for http://www.rcbearings.co.uk ,really good service. :thumbsup:

cjm_2008
29-07-2015, 11:52 AM

I kind of agree (which is why I ordered a new set from inside line racing a few hours ago :) )

Ross
29-07-2015, 08:45 PM
Thanks gents, looks like a new set will be ordered :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ross