PDA

View Full Version : sv2 indoor tracks undertray? Chassis skins?

wildoliver
06-08-2015, 07:50 PM
We will be racing at York this winter with a pair of identical SV2s, they are nearly built and ready but I'm in a dilemma about the undertrays, on the positive side they provide strength to the shell and keep the inside of the model clean, but on the downside they must trap heat and I know I'm going to get sick of them coming loose as the rear bumpers degrade. I also don't think they are needed on a clean interior track?

Thoughts?

Can you get an SV2 chassis skin to keep the chassis in good condition?

lardy37
06-08-2015, 08:58 PM
If only racing indoors I wouldn't bother I got one on mine but I do race outdoors in summer, to stop it coming off I actually used the post screws and went through the tray to hold it, as for skins try Simon mills on Facebook ( milsey graphics ) HE makes them

mark christopher
07-08-2015, 07:39 AM
If only racing indoors I wouldn't bother I got one on mine but I do race outdoors in summer, to stop it coming off I actually used the post screws and went through the tray to hold it, as for skins try Simon mills on Facebook ( milsey graphics ) HE makes them

Simon has changed jobs and needs to print a minimum of 1m per run.

chris24jt
07-08-2015, 11:35 AM
at york, there is a bit of dust but so only reason would be to protect the chassis on landings etc, speakc with Alex at Moss Models as he has various skins available, dont know if there is one for SV2 but might be able to get another and trim it down? i doubt you will need to worry about heat either btw its gets quite cold during the winter :)

fivepointnine
09-08-2015, 07:06 AM
I never bothered with undertrays when I ran a SV2, I used E1D chassis armor from the US (re-usable)

rippen
16-08-2015, 01:36 PM
Epic1designs chassis armor is one of the best chassis protector I ever used on my SV2.

wildoliver
17-08-2015, 04:45 PM
Have any of you guys doing away with the under tray suffered shell problems without the support the under tray offers?