PDA

View Full Version : what to get

bmx833
20-12-2008, 02:27 PM
hi, i have just recentely brought a b4 factory team to race but need help on what to get.
money isn't really an object but cant be anything over 400£

i already have an awsome charger and an acoms 2.4.
i have some nimh batteries but my charger can charge lipo's
i am looking at the novak 13.5 and lrp sphere but it says that the sphere is for touring cars??
you can suggest anything

thanks for any help

Brad

p.s oh and i am going to use the batteries and motor and speedcontroller in my touring car too

Spoolio
21-12-2008, 08:58 AM
I run a Sphere Comp in my B4 and so do most people I know. The basic Sphere is also perfectly OK for a buggy, and plenty of 4WD runners use the Sphere TC-Spec with the fan. The LRP Vector X11 13.5 is a good motor but depending on your skill level it may soon prove not fast enough, most buggyists will have 7.5s on average (the crazys can go down to 5.5 on some tracks but a 6.5 is usually as low as is sensible) I've got an 8.5 in my Losi and its sweet but not the fastest thing out on track.

The Bullet SPX is ok too (its basically a Sphere with a new sticker on as the Sphere itself is obsolete now). I run that in my vintage RC10 with a 10.5 "Stock-Spec" LRP motor.

bmx833
21-12-2008, 10:07 AM
i think im going to order a lrp sphere, lrp 10.5 motor and some fastrax tools, ill see if i need lipo's after christmas, also, how come people use novak motors instead of lrp with the lrp sphere?

thanks for the help and any more help appreiciated

Brad

Spoolio
21-12-2008, 12:52 PM
A lot of people use the Novak Velociti "L" motor it is nice and progressive, the LRP motors can be quite aggresive to some, but it's purely a personal preference.