PDA

View Full Version : What tyres

Vbclegion
23-08-2015, 06:01 PM
So after a very long time away from the hobby I've just got a vbc racing firebolt DM and the last time I raced was indoors at the horse riding bit my question is what tyres should I get to get me going ??

Cheers Phil

DynaMight
23-08-2015, 06:52 PM
Most people run Schumacher Yellow Mini Spikes rear & Yellow Cut Stagger Fronts in the dry (Doesn't seem to be dry very often these days :p ) and when its wet we run Ballistic Buggy Green rears & Schumacher Silver Cut Stagger up front.

You wont go much wrong with those tyre choices. Some people prefer to run Ballistic Buggy tyres in the dry too (White compound I think)

Also Schumacher Medium inserts for the rear & no inserts in the Cut Staggers (low profile)

Vbclegion
23-08-2015, 07:13 PM
Awesome cheers for that will get some on order and see you soon once I've built the kit :-) hopefully in dry weather :-/ lol

DynaMight
23-08-2015, 07:50 PM
Theres a few other local clubs too. Mendip RC Raceway near Weston usually runs alternate weekends to Tiverton, thats outdoors too.

In the winter, theres TRAC in Torquay for some indoors 1:10th Offroad starting from October.

I also go to Tipton (near Ottery st Mary) every other Weds, runs all year around in indoors.

Also theres Bideford Bay RC Club & Crewkerne Radio Model club, but not sure exactly when they run their meetings.

All the above have sections on oOple.

Vbclegion
24-08-2015, 09:33 AM
Ok cool cheers for info will look into those other clubs. Had planned tivvy and mendip as work shifts so work 2 weekends a month :-/