PDA

View Full Version : XB4 2014 setup

fivepointnine
28-08-2015, 06:38 AM
with petit being down, does anyone have a good baseline setup for bumpy, high grip astro?

woOdy
28-08-2015, 07:13 AM
Yes see this link and one of them is the 4wd and one is the 2wd.
I have made a mistake on the front pistons, they are 3 hole not 2.:thumbsup:

http://oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151665

fivepointnine
28-08-2015, 09:26 AM
Yes see this link and one of them is the 4wd and one is the 2wd.
I have made a mistake on the front pistons, they are 3 hole not 2.:thumbsup:

http://oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151665

Awesome, thanks!

fivepointnine
29-08-2015, 08:05 PM
Stu- What tyres work good on the front? I think I have seen other guys at Mendip run 2wd cut stagger fronts on the 4wd's, does that work ok? I also have a set of regular 4wd mini spike fronts, but I'm afraid that will give too much front grip.

woOdy
01-09-2015, 07:09 AM
Stu- What tyres work good on the front? I think I have seen other guys at Mendip run 2wd cut stagger fronts on the 4wd's, does that work ok? I also have a set of regular 4wd mini spike fronts, but I'm afraid that will give too much front grip.

For the dry yes use the cut staggers not the normal staggers. For the wet use Ballistic Buggy Spike in Green, 4wd tyre not 2wd.:thumbsup:

fivepointnine
06-09-2015, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the setup tips! Drove it today (just practiced between rounds) and it was dialed, had the ride height a bit high (grip rolling some when really pushing) Overall really happy!

woOdy
07-09-2015, 10:18 AM
Thanks for the setup tips! Drove it today (just practiced between rounds) and it was dialed, had the ride height a bit high (grip rolling some when really pushing) Overall really happy!

No worries. Any time.:thumbsup:

If your still grip rolling try putting a stiffer front anti roll bar on which will help you to push a little harder into the corners.

fivepointnine
15-12-2015, 05:41 PM
Anyone have any suggestions on a starting shock setting for medium to high grip carpet? I ran my astro setup last round and it was too soft (grip roll city) I'm thinking 3 dot front/2 dot rear, 2 hole front, 3 hole rear, and like 600/400 oils? What do you guys think? There are so many setups for carpet on Petit and they are all over the place with shock springs and oils I really don't know where to begin.

Tobyw
16-12-2015, 08:09 AM

Also, try using a 2WD schumacher yellow minispike with medium insert stretched over a 4wd front wheel. All the guys at our track (TORCH) use those, me included and they work fantastic in the dry. You must use the insert or the tyre will dip in the middle. If you fins they have too much corner entry grip just trim the outer row of spikes off.

woOdy
16-12-2015, 10:34 AM
Anyone have any suggestions on a starting shock setting for medium to high grip carpet? I ran my astro setup last round and it was too soft (grip roll city) I'm thinking 3 dot front/2 dot rear, 2 hole front, 3 hole rear, and like 600/400 oils? What do you guys think? There are so many setups for carpet on Petit and they are all over the place with shock springs and oils I really don't know where to begin.

Start with my set up at the top of the page and you will not be far off. I promise!:thumbsup:

fivepointnine
16-12-2015, 05:40 PM
Also, try using a 2WD schumacher yellow minispike with medium insert stretched over a 4wd front wheel. All the guys at our track (TORCH) use those, me included and they work fantastic in the dry. You must use the insert or the tyre will dip in the middle. If you fins they have too much corner entry grip just trim the outer row of spikes off.
Yeah I had to trim a bunch of rows off the Ballistic green mini spikes for wet, just too aggressive for the front with the limited traction at the rear equals drift city!

fivepointnine
16-12-2015, 05:42 PM
That is what I ran last round, but it was way too aggressive with the mini pin fronts, when I switched to normal 2wd cut staggers I picked up 2 full laps over 5 minutes...it was that bad with the mini pins!!!

simonrhart
16-12-2015, 07:37 PM
That is what I ran last round, but it was way too aggressive with the mini pin fronts, when I switched to normal 2wd cut staggers I picked up 2 full laps over 5 minutes...it was that bad with the mini pins!!!

I too have never found the mini pin fronts to work anywhere - just way too much front end grip. The 2wd low-profile cut staggers are ok and make for a very easy drive, but I find they are not fast enough and not as fast as running the 2wd mini spike on 4wd wheels as mentioned earlier. I was introduced to these a few months back for dry conditions and after trimming the 1 outter and 1 inner row of spikes off, the car was amazing to drive in bone dry conditions with no grip roll.

This is for the 2015 model but no different no doubt for the 2014 as it's almost the same car.

fivepointnine
16-12-2015, 08:19 PM
Thanks, I will give that a shot as a tuning option for sure!