PDA

View Full Version : XB4 2016

JohnM
21-09-2015, 03:22 PM
Did anyone who went to the EOS get a look at the new car?

12mm hex wheels have been mentioned before now, but anything majorly new on it as it did seem to be going quite well?

cmgreen
21-09-2015, 03:49 PM
Think you get free tyre additive as well..

dpackster1980
21-09-2015, 07:07 PM
It's not tyre additive it's motor spray that comes with it, honest. :woot:

cmgreen
21-09-2015, 07:21 PM
Lol cheating buggers

OneKiwi
23-09-2015, 08:41 AM
From pics you can defo see new front tower and maybe front shocks, they have that brown coating fox something.
There looks like a new front bulkhead as well, didn't take long at all :p for xray to get that sorted.

shaun m
23-09-2015, 08:50 AM
Are there any clear pictures ?
Is it vastly different to a '15 spec car ?

I've only gone back to the xb4 (15 spec ) , and absolutly love it:wub !

mattr
23-09-2015, 09:05 AM
they have that brown coating fox something.
Kashima IIRC

OneKiwi
25-09-2015, 11:50 AM
http://eos.redrc.net/wp-content/gallery/eos-2015-16-rd1-nurburgring-germany/fri_4wdbayer.jpg

cmgreen
29-09-2015, 12:55 PM
You can see the Tyre additive from here!

shaun m
29-09-2015, 01:08 PM
You can see the Tyre additive from here!

They must be using the same additive on the shuey k2 then , looking at the eos pictures :woot:

cmgreen
29-09-2015, 01:22 PM
Na the Schuey team don't CHEAT!

tyreman
29-09-2015, 04:37 PM
I think it comes with a pre-installed battering ram, to punt others off the track.

JohnM
30-09-2015, 10:34 AM
Looks like there are quite a few changes on the '16 car, new chassis & side pods, new 3 pad slipper, new rear bulkhead, possibly front wishbones, different battery position & a few other bits.

Chesty
30-09-2015, 10:48 AM
As John says:)

You can see what has changed on the XB4 '16 from the new XB4 spares they have listed at MB Models.

All the changes that John mentions have '16 specific spare parts.

Looks like a typical subtle Xray upgrade - evolution not revolution:thumbsup:

JohnM
30-09-2015, 10:52 AM
One thing missing in the new parts was the bottle of Unicorn tears, milked by Umpa Lumpas traction addictive😛

shaun m
30-09-2015, 11:13 AM
One thing missing in the new parts was the bottle of Unicorn tears, milked by Umpa Lumpas traction addictive��

:thumbsup: , i see they are listing a 2mm chassis as std , but just hope they don't bring out an optional chassis soon after for high grip etc , but it sounds really good ��

OneKiwi
30-09-2015, 01:28 PM
As they are adding the hard side pods Im not really sure that there will be another chassis coming.
Interesting to see how the 15 would go with a bit of CF as a side pod brace or fill the side pods.

simonrhart
04-10-2015, 08:41 PM
Looks like the new car will be available mid Oct according to Mb models.

I am wondering if I will go faster with the '16 car.....

dMITIj
08-10-2015, 10:32 AM
its here: http://www.teamxray.com/xb4/

TARTMAN
08-10-2015, 10:35 PM
the new 16 does look a little bit seeeexy.

might have to have a proper clear out for the next years season and go all new 16 mode..............

it does make me feel warm inside looking at the specs, pics etc

:thumbsup::woot::o:drool::drool::drool:

AfroP
09-10-2015, 12:00 PM
the new 16 does look a little bit seeeexy.

might have to have a proper clear out for the next years season and go all new 16 mode..............

it does make me feel warm inside looking at the specs, pics etc

:thumbsup::woot::o:drool::drool::drool:

yeah i know exactly how you feel

simonrhart
09-10-2015, 10:35 PM
yeah i know exactly how you feel

I am a sucker for marketing too, it just looks so good, we have to have it!

Its a very successful model, release a new car every year.

andoiwebb
13-10-2015, 06:36 PM
Got mine, nearly finished building it. Goes together as you'd expect. I love the 15 model, so if this is better (and I'm sure it will be) it's going to be absolutely superb!

jonathan may
13-10-2015, 06:56 PM
when are they out

discothesnake
13-10-2015, 07:58 PM
Now!

martin so16
13-10-2015, 08:01 PM
do the option parts off the 15 model fit the 16 model does any one know ?

Richard Law
13-10-2015, 08:17 PM
Any body know if a 15 body shell will fit the 16 model?

bally
13-10-2015, 08:32 PM
do the option parts off the 15 model fit the 16 model does any one know ?

Most parts will fit.

Richard Law
13-10-2015, 08:35 PM
Bally, you know if the shells fit?

simonrhart
13-10-2015, 10:41 PM

Unlikely because the new chassis is shorter than the old one. Will soon see though.

11Gtollman
14-10-2015, 06:30 AM
Hi.

I was wondering if someone could help me. Ive just bought the xb4'16 and it will arrive friday, however im trying to work out the insert system in the hangers. Could someone explain it to me please? Am i right in thinking you have to use a combination of both sides of the tables to know what insert you want?

Thanks

BentKa
14-10-2015, 07:13 AM
Hi.

I was wondering if someone could help me. Ive just bought the xb4'16 and it will arrive friday, however im trying to work out the insert system in the hangers. Could someone explain it to me please? Am i right in thinking you have to use a combination of both sides of the tables to know what insert you want?

Thanks

What do you mean by combination ?

The columns show what inserts to use in the hinge pin holders.

For the rear:
RR (RearRear)
RF (RearFront)

For the front:
FF (FrontFront)
FR (FrontRear)

The obtained value by using those inserts shown are then listed to the far right in each column.

Bent

BentKa
14-10-2015, 07:18 AM

Unlikely because the new chassis is shorter than the old one. Will soon see though.

The '15 body fits the '16 and vice versa ;)

Bent

11Gtollman
14-10-2015, 07:30 AM
What do you mean by combination ?

The columns show what inserts to use in the hinge pin holders.

For the rear:
RR (RearRear)
RF (RearFront)

For the front:
FF (FrontFront)
FR (FrontRear)

The obtained value by using those inserts shown are then listed to the far right in each column.

Bent

Sorry maybe I'm not explaining it very well :( what I mean is, can I have any combination of toe in and antisquat at the back? From what I can work out on the table (I'm probably just being a bit thick ;)), you cab only have the set antisquat or toe in from the table. I.E. only 2 degree antisquat and 3 degree toe. Am I wrong? I understand the front of the car with roll centre, and the back of the car with changing the track width, just a bit confused on how to get toe and antisquat. For example, how could I get 3 degree toe and 3 degree antisquat?

Thanks for your help.

BentKa
14-10-2015, 07:39 AM
Sorry maybe I'm not explaining it very well :( what I mean is, can I have any combination of toe in and antisquat at the back? From what I can work out on the table (I'm probably just being a bit thick ;)), you cab only have the set antisquat or toe in from the table. I.E. only 2 degree antisquat and 3 degree toe. Am I wrong? I understand the front of the car with roll centre, and the back of the car with changing the track width, just a bit confused on how to get toe and antisquat. For example, how could I get 3 degree toe and 3 degree antisquat?

Thanks for your help.

3 degree toe is the standard and you will have this as long as the inserts front and rear are the same value side wise.

You can have 3 degree toe with 5 different track widths as the inserts come in 0, 0.5 and 1 degree increments.

On the left column you can see what you need to change to get anti squat to 3 degrees.
Stock is 2 degrees so going 1 degree up in front, 1 degree down in the rear or 0.5 degree up in front and down in rear will all give you 3 degree anti squat ;)

All will be clear once you have the it in front of you.
You're just over thinking it…………

Bent

dMITIj
14-10-2015, 09:32 AM
Got mine, nearly finished building it. Goes together as you'd expect. I love the 15 model, so if this is better (and I'm sure it will be) it's going to be absolutely superb!

Pic ore it didn't happen :-)

11Gtollman
14-10-2015, 10:05 AM
3 degree toe is the standard and you will have this as long as the inserts front and rear are the same value side wise.

You can have 3 degree toe with 5 different track widths as the inserts come in 0, 0.5 and 1 degree increments.

On the left column you can see what you need to change to get anti squat to 3 degrees.
Stock is 2 degrees so going 1 degree up in front, 1 degree down in the rear or 0.5 degree up in front and down in rear will all give you 3 degree anti squat ;)

All will be clear once you have the it in front of you.
You're just over thinking it…………

Bent

Haha ok thanks very much for your help. I'm sure it will be clearer when I have it. Thanks :thumbsup: I just like to be organised and prepared ;)

andoiwebb
14-10-2015, 03:32 PM
Pic ore it didn't happen :-)

I did just try but it keeps saying failed - from iPhone, resolution too large?

Anyway; all my alloy hop ups it, which is great news!

12 deg front uprights, alloy steering rack, one piece servo mount, centre diff, centre diff mount and alloy rear hubs. Just waiting for new carbon top decks and graphite wishbones... Hurry hurry Xray!!!

andoiwebb
14-10-2015, 03:36 PM
Here you go. BELIEVE!!!!

simonrhart
14-10-2015, 05:47 PM
Here you go. BELIEVE!!!!

Very nice. I like the new black chassis. What's the benefit of the servo mount?

Mine arrived today and I just started building it but sadly have a missing diff o-ring so can't complete it. unless I take the diff out of my 2015 car. Last time I had a missing top deck so not much luck here.

Body shell is much improved.

andoiwebb
14-10-2015, 07:03 PM
Are you sure the o-ring isn't stuck inside something else? Never had anything missing in any Xray kit. The servo mount won't tweak the chassis under full strain. Not really as necessary on a buggy as it is on a touring car, but I guess every little thing helps

simonrhart
14-10-2015, 08:36 PM
Are you sure the o-ring isn't stuck inside something else? Never had anything missing in any Xray kit. The servo mount won't tweak the chassis under full strain. Not really as necessary on a buggy as it is on a touring car, but I guess every little thing helps

I just double checked my pit bench, empty bag, tray etc. and it's definitely not there. It's very irritating, I just want to get it finished and a very small rubber o-ring is stopping me from doing so. I seem to be unlucky as last time (2015 kit) I had 2 front top decks and a missing rear one in the kit.

I assembled the rear diff with metal satellite gears I bought but never used. The composite ones with the kit have never given me a problem but thought I'd use them anyway on this new kit.

Love the fact the bushings are now pre-installed in the diff gears, they were a pain to get in before.

Simon

andoiwebb
14-10-2015, 10:25 PM
If there's anything missing, Xray make a point of putting the person's name that packed each bag on a little slip of card in every bag. They ask you to contact them quoting the name of the packer, so I'm sure if you did contact them they'd sort you out. Try RCDisco too, I'm sure Greg will be able to sort you out an o-ring.

dMITIj
15-10-2015, 10:31 AM
I did just try but it keeps saying failed - from iPhone, resolution too large?

Anyway; all my alloy hop ups it, which is great news!

12 deg front uprights, alloy steering rack, one piece servo mount, centre diff, centre diff mount and alloy rear hubs. Just waiting for new carbon top decks and graphite wishbones... Hurry hurry Xray!!!

Thanks, looks sexy :thumbsup:

It looks like you have the (#361178) GRAPHITE REAR CHASSIS BRACE UPPER DECK 2.0MM, were did you get that?

mine is all most the same (when i get the kit and parts) just Alu Drive Shaft Safety Collar Orange will be different i think :)

BentKa
15-10-2015, 01:17 PM

It looks like you have the (#361178) GRAPHITE REAR CHASSIS BRACE UPPER DECK 2.0MM, were did you get that?

mine is all most the same (when i get the kit and parts) just Alu Drive Shaft Safety Collar Orange will be different i think :)

That is the old '15 shorter brace, not the new '16 brace ;)

Bent

tomtom
15-10-2015, 02:21 PM
That is the old '15 shorter brace, not the new '16 brace ;)

Bent

Sorry to bother Bent, I just received my 2016 and wonder if a low profile servo is the way to go for the 2016 layout as all the pictures I've seen show such servo used.
I was about to use a full size one for reliability, especially for 4wd but I can find a low profile if needed.
Thanks for your help.

BentKa
15-10-2015, 02:27 PM
Sorry to bother Bent, I just received my 2016 and wonder if a low profile servo is the way to go for the 2016 layout as all the pictures I've seen show such servo used.
I was about to use a full size one for reliability, especially for 4wd but I can find a low profile if needed.
Thanks for your help.

We always use standard size servo for both 2WD and 4WD ;)

Low profile we only use for 1/10 TC.

Bent

dMITIj
15-10-2015, 03:48 PM
Thanks for your help.

I got an low profile servo thats more than strong enough for 1/10 4wd:

http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php/radios/servos/xpert-rc/xp-pi-3402-xpert-rc-pi-3402-brushless-low-profile-servo-15-00kg-0-07-sec-6-0v-alloy-center-case-4-8-6-0v.html

andoiwebb
15-10-2015, 07:30 PM

Off the old car, it seems to be shorter than the new version, I just added it cos I'm running at Silverstone on high grip. Read somewhere that there are no top decks as options. Hopefully a thicker chassis then, as there's still quite a bit of flex and the grip at Silverstone is really high!

BentKa
15-10-2015, 07:46 PM
Off the old car, it seems to be shorter than the new version, I just added it cos I'm running at Silverstone on high grip. Read somewhere that there are no top decks as options. Hopefully a thicker chassis then, as there's still quite a bit of flex and the grip at Silverstone is really high!

'16 brace is longer.

There's no top decks and no thicker chassis.

Just ran the Worlds with just the rear carbon brace and no front 2mm X-brace, just the steering brace for added flex.

Car was perfect on a really high grip track :thumbsup:

Setup is on Malin's Facebook page.

Bent

simonrhart
15-10-2015, 08:15 PM
'16 brace is longer.

There's no top decks and no thicker chassis.

Just ran the Worlds with just the rear carbon brace and no front 2mm X-brace, just the steering brace for added flex.

Car was perfect on a really high grip track :thumbsup:

Setup is on Malin's Facebook page.

Bent

Interesting how you are running the sway bar front and rear also and quite thick at 1.8mm. Does the lack of top deck take away the steering on the '16? Some people have said the XB4 is very twitchy - I have to say I love it with loads of steering.

I also noticed diff oil is quite thick for increased grip too. I am running kit setup 8000 front and rear and run mostly on high-grip astro tracks.

dMITIj
17-10-2015, 01:49 PM
never mind :D

simonrhart
17-10-2015, 05:30 PM
I got an low profile servo thats more than strong enough for 1/10 4wd:

http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php/radios/servos/xpert-rc/xp-pi-3402-xpert-rc-pi-3402-brushless-low-profile-servo-15-00kg-0-07-sec-6-0v-alloy-center-case-4-8-6-0v.html

I would just check the car weight balance with a low - profile servo. The XB4 is already been very slightly heavier at the back of the car, hence with the '16 the motor can be moved forward slightly (default). Using a lower profile servo will not solve this balance as much as a full size servo, but if you have some scales try weighing your car.

dMITIj
17-10-2015, 08:14 PM
I would just check the car weight balance with a low - profile servo. The XB4 is already been very slightly heavier at the back of the car, hence with the '16 the motor can be moved forward slightly (default). Using a lower profile servo will not solve this balance as much as a full size servo, but if you have some scales try weighing your car.

as you can see in the pic Bruno have like 30g in the back, so maybe that will make the car more balance with the low profile servo only time will tell :-)
http://www.neobuggy.net/2015/10/09/under-the-hood-bruno-coelho/

simonrhart
17-10-2015, 08:45 PM
as you can see in the pic Bruno have like 30g in the back, so maybe that will make the car more balance with the low profile servo only time will tell :-)
http://www.neobuggy.net/2015/10/09/under-the-hood-bruno-coelho/

Interesting why all that weight at the back of the car, surely that will make it really unbalanced.

I have noticed the team drivers at the worlds also running really stiff front sway bars - I assume to remove some of the steering.

simonrhart
17-10-2015, 08:47 PM
If there's anything missing, Xray make a point of putting the person's name that packed each bag on a little slip of card in every bag. They ask you to contact them quoting the name of the packer, so I'm sure if you did contact them they'd sort you out. Try RCDisco too, I'm sure Greg will be able to sort you out an o-ring.

Hats off to Greg and MB models for getting an O ring to me super quick so I can carry on with the build.

dMITIj
17-10-2015, 09:12 PM
Hats off to Greg and MB models for getting an O ring to me super quick so I can carry on with the build.

do you got the scales to trid out the balance?

dMITIj
17-10-2015, 09:13 PM
Interesting why all that weight at the back of the car, surely that will make it really unbalanced.

I have noticed the team drivers at the worlds also running really stiff front sway bars - I assume to remove some of the steering.

do you got the scales to trid out the balance?

OneKiwi
18-10-2015, 06:46 AM
I'll put mine on the scales with standard servo and 20gms +fan in the rear.
I was missing a rear body post. Got an extra battery post in its place. :thumbsup:

dMITIj
18-10-2015, 10:40 AM
I'll put mine on the scales with standard servo and 20gms +fan in the rear.
I was missing a rear body post. Got an extra battery post in its place. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

im waiting for some optionparts (two weeks out) before i can get the kit finish as i would like it to be.
so its like 2 weeks before i get the last bits and bobs and i have yet to decided if i should start ore just wait :cry: :D

jonathan may
18-10-2015, 09:48 PM
I have a shock coller missing in my kit luckly someone at the track had a spare

andoiwebb
18-10-2015, 10:19 PM
If anyone is missing any parts from the kit, let Xray & RCDisco know straight away and they will send you the parts. No point telling a forum, nobody on here will send you anything.

BentKa
19-10-2015, 05:40 AM
Interesting how you are running the sway bar front and rear also and quite thick at 1.8mm. Does the lack of top deck take away the steering on the '16? Some people have said the XB4 is very twitchy - I have to say I love it with loads of steering.

I also noticed diff oil is quite thick for increased grip too. I am running kit setup 8000 front and rear and run mostly on high-grip astro tracks.

Flex is different on the '16 with the harder side pods, longer chassis braces and lack of top decks.

This gives more overall grip in the car.

Altering of the shock positions, a-arms and moving the motor forward gives more steering.

We also run just the front steering brace and not the 2mm X top deck to gain more steering.

Running a slightly stiffer sway bar allows the shocks to be softer and more forgiving when hitting curbs and landing jumps.

Running the heavier front diff oil helps smooth out that added steering and puts down more power when pushing hard.

Outdoors on high grip astro we usually run 1.6-1.8mm sway bars and 10K for the diffs.

Bent

Matt Butcher
19-10-2015, 12:23 PM
Bent

Wondering if you can help? For a really bumpy astroturf track what shock settings would you run on an XB416?

Thanks

BentKa
19-10-2015, 07:16 PM
Bent

Wondering if you can help? For a really bumpy astroturf track what shock settings would you run on an XB416?

Thanks

For bumpy tracks we've run the stock Xray pistons drilled:

F: 3 dot spring / 600-700cst oil / 2x1.5+2x1.1 pistons / 1.6-1.8mm swaybar / 2mm added droop

R: 2 dot spring / 450cst oil / 2x1.6+2x1.1 pistons / 1.4-1.6mm swaybar / 2mm added droop

Bent

andoiwebb
25-10-2015, 08:05 PM
I ran mine for the first time outdoors today. Even with the standard motor forwards position it showed excellent traction from the rear on damp & sandy AstroTurf. I really do think it's the best 4wd on the market for performance & durability. Even concrete track markers couldn't stop it! Not that I hit any ��

dMITIj
27-10-2015, 11:58 AM
what will ppl recommend for a pinion for a 13.5T?

leestokey
28-10-2015, 11:08 AM
Hi all who's made the jump from the 15 to the 16 and how have you found it, is it any better my 15 has 3mm chassis and centre diff how's the new slipper

andoiwebb
28-10-2015, 08:29 PM
I've run mine a couple of times now (indoor and outdoor) and it's been impressive on both outings. Time will tell, but I'm confident it's an improvement on the old car as it's had lots of development by Xray.

steve_haskins
28-10-2015, 10:02 PM
Used the 16 once so far, awesome bit of kit, theres lots of little changes to the 15, the car just feels so easy to drive :thumbsup:

jonathan may
29-10-2015, 07:14 PM
what sort of oil and pistion are people going for for astro tried the 1.6 and 1.7 pistion feels to soft and If I want to use other brand of wheels with 12mm hex are different offset hexs needed

andoiwebb
29-10-2015, 07:49 PM
I'd strongly recommend running the Xray wheels to get the correct offset, as all the aftermarket 12mm hexes seem to give the wrong offset. Xray now do 12mm hexes & wheels, they are also good quality wheels that acetone lots of times without deteriorating. Personally I don't like the 2x1.6 & 2x1.7 pistons for the uk as they give too much pack for our bumpy tracks. Kit 3 hole rear and kit 2 hole fronts work pretty well.

jonathan may
29-10-2015, 07:52 PM
too much pack mine feels like non there at all

andoiwebb
29-10-2015, 11:14 PM
What oils & shock positions? I'll be starting with about 500cst front and 350cst rear with the above pistons at Telford this Sunday.

jonathan may
30-10-2015, 04:34 PM
think I put in 500 and 400 but have just orded trhe avid 4 holes pistions

BentKa
31-10-2015, 08:54 AM
For astro with 2x1.6 and 2x1.7 pistons we use 750 front and 550 rear.

Swaybars front 1.6 to 1.8 and rear 1.4 to 1.8 depending on grip and how bumpy it is.

Bent

jonathan may
31-10-2015, 10:51 AM
ok thanks whats the best option the 1.6 and 1.7mm pistion or the 4 hole option from the past post
F: 3 dot spring / 600-700cst oil / 2x1.5+2x1.1 pistons / 1.6-1.8mm swaybar / 2mm added droop

R: 2 dot spring / 450cst oil / 2x1.6+2x1.1 pistons / 1.4-1.6mm swaybar / 2mm added droop

BentKa
31-10-2015, 11:06 AM
ok thanks whats the best option the 1.6 and 1.7mm pistion or the 4 hole option from the past post

As noted in my earlier post we run those settings on bumpy tracks.

For an all round outdoor setup Malin prefers the Xray pistons drilled to 2x1.5+2x1.1 and 2x1.6+2x1.1 as the majority of the tracks we race on outdoors are bumpy ;)

Indoors and on smooth tracks we run the 2x16 and 2x1.7 pistons.

Bent

jonathan may
31-10-2015, 11:11 AM
thanks I have the avid pistions coming today that are the same holes as the ones you drilled

1.7 and 1.6 2x holes pistons with 750 and 550 oil for carpet ?

OneKiwi
01-11-2015, 08:41 AM
Wheres Bayers setup from the Worlds?

dMITIj
01-11-2015, 12:25 PM
Wheres Bayers setup from the Worlds?

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/xray/setupxb4/XB42016_MartinBayer_YatabeArena2015100310/

jonathan may
01-11-2015, 05:20 PM
the avid pistons worked very well today a mendip rc

Kelk
11-11-2015, 10:27 AM
.... sadly have a missing diff o-ring so can't complete it.

Just started my build last night and found the very same thing, quite disappointed tbh

andoiwebb
11-11-2015, 02:25 PM
Please see my earlier post about how to get hold of a replacement from RCDisco. It also says in the Xray manual that, if you really want to, you can let them know who packed your bags. Oople cannot help you with this.

Kelk
11-11-2015, 03:21 PM
Please see my earlier post about how to get hold of a replacement from RCDisco. It also says in the Xray manual that, if you really want to, you can let them know who packed your bags. Oople cannot help you with this.

:)

I didn't expect Oople to. But I have emailed the info@ email address, but I'll have a look at your post now, thanks.

simonrhart
11-11-2015, 03:35 PM

You keep saying this, but this is called feedback, feedback is helpful for companies and individuals to improve the quality control of their products.

andoiwebb
11-11-2015, 08:45 PM
As long as you contact the company concerned and give feedback then that's fine, a public forum isn't really feedback for a business.

estebandonde
11-11-2015, 11:25 PM
I'd be very surprised if it was missing from the packet, xray have a vigorous quality checking procedure.
Have you tried checked on the floor....

Kelk
12-11-2015, 11:07 AM
I'd be very surprised if it was missing from the packet, xray have a vigorous quality checking procedure.
Have you tried checked on the floor....

Absolutely - especially as the bag was cut open directly into a deep parts tray I only use for kit builds and this isn't my first rodeo

lomar15
12-11-2015, 06:43 PM
On this picture of Bruno's car, the front driveshaft does not look like a single cvd. It looks like a double joint, or a u joint. Anyone know what this is? I've downloaded the 16' manual and it doesn't look any different than my 15'.
Thanks Bob

http://gallery.neobuggy.net/2015races/2015-IFMAR-Worlds/2015-Worlds-Day-7-4WD-Finals/i-5TNcP8G/A

simonrhart
12-11-2015, 09:27 PM
On this picture of Bruno's car, the front driveshaft does not look like a single cvd. It looks like a double joint, or a u joint. Anyone know what this is? I've downloaded the 16' manual and it doesn't look any different than my 15'.
Thanks Bob

http://gallery.neobuggy.net/2015races/2015-IFMAR-Worlds/2015-Worlds-Day-7-4WD-Finals/i-5TNcP8G/A

The front CVD's on the '16 and '15 XB4 are exactly the same - 81mm drive shafts. Team drivers hardly run the kit you can buy off the shelf.

simonrhart
12-11-2015, 09:29 PM
Anyone notice the stock setup on the '16 has quite a bit of tow out on the front. 31.5mm on the front turn buckles. Looking at the team drivers pictures - not just XRay, most are running quite a bit of tow out.

tomtom
12-11-2015, 10:01 PM
Thanks Bob

Didn't notice it, nice find !

It looks like double joints CVD (like ECS front shafts on the T4), was using some spec R ones on my K1 a while ago, it was nice as I feel steering was better with less roll but SpecR were not very durable.

lomar15
12-11-2015, 11:02 PM
Thanks
I was wondering what manufacturer they would be. Ive only seen the spec r ones and it doesn't look like them. I've heard the same that they smoothen the drive line harmonics to the wheels.

thanks Bob

tomtom
12-11-2015, 11:46 PM
No doubt they're coming from Xray.

They know how to build them as they use some on their touring car plus you hardly see any non Xray part on team drivers cars.

Richard Law
29-11-2015, 06:18 PM
Be nice if they can get the option parts to the shops before pushing their next car.
Rant over!! 😳

simonrhart
10-12-2015, 10:18 PM
I weighed my new 2016 using individual scales, you can see the weight distribution. You can take +-10% for these cheap chineese scales. That said, it's still a little heavy at the back. The short servo doesn't help with my setup and I am running 2wd front tyres. I might need to add a bit of weight at the front.

Total weight ~1705 grams similar to the 2015 Xb4.

BentKa
23-12-2015, 09:03 AM
More options for your XB4 and XB2:

New Composite 3-Pad Slipper Clutch Spur Gears

• Exclusive secret blend of composite material
• Precision-molded
• Extra-strong
• Lightweight
• Stamped for easy identification

Precision-molded spur gears for 3-Pad Slipper Clutch, made from XRAY's exclusive secret blend of composite material, allowing the gear to run yet be robust enough to handle high performance brushless motors.
The spur gear is designed to have the lowest possible weight while staying strong and light.
Each gear is stamped with the tooth number for easy identification.

Fit: XB4'15, XB4'16 and XB2.

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/news/newsdesc.php?news_id=3086&kategoria=3086&Xnet_Session=8b35108064b1182674720f83a5c45949

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx96/bent-ka/XB2/show.php.html_zps8kgipjoq.png

Bent

brooksy
05-04-2016, 07:03 PM
I will be purchasing an XB4 '16' this weekend. Ive never owned any Xray cars before so could anybody tell me what spares I may need if any. I realise how good the build quality is so was thinking maybe just purchasing front wish bones hubs and carriers first off.

Phill

lee.willows
06-04-2016, 07:07 AM
Phil,

To be honest I am lucky as I race most places that have a shop that carries spares. But you have seen me drive and a few less talented people and the car is really strong. So far no breaks(touch wood).

What I would get instead is thicker roll bars, 1.6mm, 1.8mm & 2.0mm. Apart from that you really don't need a lot. The kit gives you everything you need.

Hope that helps

brooksy
06-04-2016, 05:37 PM
Cheers Lee,Alex will be at most of the meetings I'm doing over the summer anyway so hopefully if I do break anything he'll have it.
My driving is the same mate,it's not very often I break anything buts that's because I'm very slow😂

brooksy
13-04-2016, 09:18 PM
Quick question,can you get team xray wheels in black???. I know nobody likes black wheels(well,most people anyway) but I do and would like some for my xb4.

Phill

simonrhart
14-04-2016, 06:44 PM
You can only get xray wheels in white. If you want black wheels then the best to do would be to buy Schumacher wheels - they have 12mm hexes as well.

Simon

brooksy
14-04-2016, 09:19 PM
I have black schuey wheels for my two wheel drives but don't really want to spend on new hex's. Looks like I'll have to stick with the whites.

shaun m
14-04-2016, 09:35 PM
Ive dyed white wheels black before , using ryte dye , cheap as chips on ebay:thumbsup:
And i'm pretty certain shuey wheels have a different offset.

simonrhart
15-04-2016, 06:59 AM
Ive dyed white wheels black before , using ryte dye , cheap as chips on ebay:thumbsup:

The offset difference is hardly anything, if I remember correctly its something like 0.5 each wheel - something like that. It's easy to measure.

brooksy
15-04-2016, 07:21 PM

How did you actually dye them?

Chris Larner
15-04-2016, 08:05 PM
Water, ryt dye mix in a bucket and leave them.

brooksy
15-04-2016, 08:48 PM
Water, ryt dye mix in a bucket and leave them.

Cool,just ordered some:thumbsup:

lomar15
17-04-2016, 06:26 AM
I've used the same, but too cheep for rit dye, dollar store dye, simmer on stove in an old pot for 15mins. Use a full package to make white wheels black otherwise they turn purple. may take 2 attempts.