PDA

View Full Version : S1's?

sime46
25-12-2008, 09:18 PM
Was wondering if anyone had plumped for the S1 version yet and if so what they think of it? Seen one in PBM and it looked proper. So much so that I recomended it to a mate and he bought it. Real bargain for the cash. I can see these flying of the shelves. Got the proper P.Booth set up on straight out of the box too. Add radio, paint shell and race. How could it be better? If I hadnt had an early carbon one I'd probably have gone this route. :D

wouter.z
26-12-2008, 08:59 AM
I am also interested in how this car differs from the normal car. Is it just missing the carbon and the TI-turnbuckles, or is there more?

MattW
26-12-2008, 12:29 PM
It will obviously be missing those bits. Those are the only bits mentioned on the web site. I did wonder if maybe diff balls were different as well, but it doesn't say so on site.

DaveG28
26-12-2008, 01:25 PM
What diff balls come on the normal car, Ceramic or similar?

DCM
26-12-2008, 02:45 PM
non threaded shocks too?

MattW
26-12-2008, 04:17 PM
I think the carbon kits come with ceramic diff balls (not 100% sure, as i haven't had a kit!). Not 100% sure about S1 kits like i say, but wouldn't surprise me if they are still ceramic, because it saves them having 2 different diffs for the car.

There aren't any non threaded shocks available for the SX as far as i know. The S1 car pics that i have seen still have the same shocks.

MattW
26-12-2008, 04:35 PM
This link shows a pic of the S1 car.

Cat S1 on Schumacher Site (http://www.racing-cars.com/images/CAT-SX-S1-top_1000.jpg)

sime46
26-12-2008, 04:56 PM
Defo same shocks. Not sure bout diffs, but I think they are same as sx. Only differences seem to be chassis/top deck/batt strap and steel turnbuckles. It comes on long turnbuckles and short ball stud plates ie; long links as per P.B set up. Ran my SX carbon with that set up last wed at Mansfield and it was very good. Until then I'd struggled to find the "sweet spot". That set up made it work for me. The Cats respond to set up changes very well but for us mortals its quite easy to get lost. Now at least I have a starting point from which to try different things. Fell in love wih the car again now. Hope it continues for sunday at Broxtowe!