PDA

View Full Version : KF brake

paulainscow
18-10-2015, 07:14 PM
I've just started on 2wd with a Cougar KF, and running it today for the first time, on braking it's kicking the rear out to the left every time, as if only one wheel is braking

Is there a way to amend this, or any suggestions on what it could be? I'm going to strip the bearings down and service them

KentH
18-10-2015, 07:44 PM
hephey paulainscow

try to look in to your diff, for me it sounds like it.
other then that i have no idea

paulainscow
18-10-2015, 08:21 PM
Thanks, will do that this week

Dkfream
18-10-2015, 10:02 PM
Back end will always kick out on 2wd under breaking, turn the brakes down so not as strong, as to why it's going left will just be the way the car is weighted and the way it's balanced, don't really use brakes on 2wd lol

bobbin
19-10-2015, 08:35 AM
too much weight transfer, back to front can cause this if it is happening on a high grip track.
reduce the rear droop by a couple of mm can help, also look at your speedo brake settings, they maybe set aggressively

racdeaf
19-10-2015, 09:02 AM
what tyre you using at the time ?
is it worn or new ?
if worn that could be the issue if one of the tyre uneven but like the guys say above check all those things

Is it at teesside car club track ?

Gayo
19-10-2015, 09:56 AM
Maybe a faulty bearing, or dry universals...

steveproracing
19-10-2015, 11:53 AM
Have your rear shocks got the same amount of droop spacers. I'm guessing your rear shocks may not be the same length.

Suzukitudor
19-10-2015, 12:04 PM
Hi, Had a similar problem myself. Mine was from a 2nd hand buggy where the diff had been built incorrectly.

1. First thing though, Back brake off if its a high amount, what you running esc setting wise? I run 70% brake on high grip astro which works aok.

2. When you built diff how many shims did you fit between the casings and the primary bezel gears? Was it the same both sides? If one side is tighter than the other it can cause this uneveness. If under hard accelration one side breaks traction it points to the diff. If not its going to be a process of elimination.

Hope this helps. But a 2wd will always break one way or the other by their nature but it makes it fun to 'back' them in!