PDA

View Full Version : LRP Flow - Repair Details

Neil_H
01-11-2015, 03:05 PM
Managed to blow up my LRP Flow Works Team by connecting it up with the wrong polarity :thumbdown:

It's as expected now dead.

Does anyone know the best way to go about getting this sent off to get fixed. I had a look online for address or contact details but nothing looks obvious, so thought I would ask to see if anyone had been through a similar process.

h0m3sy
01-11-2015, 03:25 PM
Get in touch with Jamie Booth at SMD and ask if there's anything can be done. They are the UK importers for LRP.

Neil_H
01-11-2015, 03:53 PM
Cheers, have sent Jaime an email

Neil_H
01-11-2015, 04:35 PM
Just a quick note, ESC isn't as dead as I thought.

Plugged it all back in and now the car has power to the servo, PT, receiver etc all seem to be working fine.

Throttle will display top end (green light) and brake (red light) but wont power the wheels.

I can however get power to the wheels if I help it along by rotating the spur by hand with a bit of throttle, it then jumps back into life, it just can't seem to power itself from neutral.

Just want to eliminate that I can't damage the motor by connecting it with the wrong polarity. Sadly I don't have additional motors to check this.

K-Brewer
01-11-2015, 04:38 PM
Also try pugs on here, he's a whizz at dixing speed controllers

Welshy40
03-11-2015, 04:36 PM
Replace the capacitor and should be ok.

Northy
03-11-2015, 04:45 PM
Nope, that's a sensor problem IMHO, either in the motor (sending) or speedo (reading).

You need to swap one out to see which it is.

G

Neil_H
03-11-2015, 05:02 PM
ESC has been posted off today to be looked at by Derek Bailey who thinks it will either be the board or a bank of fets.

My replacement ESC should hopefully arrive tomorrow so hopefully I can eliminate if its the motor problem, but would have thought if it is a sensor problem it should be on the ESC side end rather than the motor.

Unless it possible to damaged a motor by connecting up an ESC with the wrong polarity :confused:

Aire valley
03-11-2015, 05:06 PM
If you reverse connect an esc it almost certainly blows the fets and/or circuit board...usually means new esc.! I know, I've done it..:lol: