PDA

View Full Version : new lap top

paulc
01-01-2009, 05:30 PM
hi guys just got a new lap top it's got McAfee security on it does anyone else use this is it any good :confused:

i have been using AVG on the other computer been fine

cheers paul:)

ashleyb4
01-01-2009, 05:35 PM
Only need two things get rid of mclaughy and Norton and get AVG and spybot search and destroy.

A

glypo
01-01-2009, 05:39 PM
Oddly I just got a new laptop. Sad first thing I check is oople? Either way the NC10 is a cool little netbook.

Anyway this has a free mcafee trial on it so I am going to use it. The software is fine, but when it comes to paying I will just uninstall and put a freebie on it like Avast.

For the time it's free though, it's fairly decent software. Much better than Norton which is just a joke.

westie
01-01-2009, 05:41 PM
kasperskys good! :D had norton before and that just allowed virus after virus, my pc and laptops have been runing kaspersky for 3years without any problems :D easy way to do it is download the trial from there wen site and by a key off ebay for around £5-10 easy,cheap and very good

westw00d

rcracer
01-01-2009, 05:45 PM
I got Avanquest Systemsuite 8 Pro with my laptop and i find it spot on.

Rich D
01-01-2009, 06:34 PM
Oddly I just got a new laptop. Sad first thing I check is oople? Either way the NC10 is a cool little netbook.

Anyway this has a free mcafee trial on it so I am going to use it. The software is fine, but when it comes to paying I will just uninstall and put a freebie on it like Avast.

For the time it's free though, it's fairly decent software. Much better than Norton which is just a joke.

Ive got a NC10 too - awesome little bit of kit - upgraded mine to 2 Gig of RAM

I use Bitdefender AV software on all my machines

http://anti-virus-software-review.toptenreviews.com/