PDA

View Full Version : Team C Minion diff cup question.

henry64
29-11-2015, 01:27 AM
Hey all, I recently purchased a Team C Minion and I want to upgrade the diff connector cups from the stock plastic units.

I was wondering what part numbers I would need to do this. It seems Team C has a bazillion different variations of their 4wd buggy line and I don't want to accidentally get the wrong parts.

Also, I plan to put a slipper clutch in the thing. I don't know if that would make a difference but any help would be appreciated.

Clive Loynes
29-11-2015, 10:16 AM
Are we talking about the diff outdrives? I didn't realise that they were ever plastic but then I've never set eyes on a Minion.

It would appear to me that you need to look at the TR04-Pro for your upgrade parts.

That also provides your slipper clutch parts and the upgraded transmission. It looks as though the long plastic cups from the slipper/spur can be replaced with T04021 in steel. But the prop shafts themselves are replaced with ones that have CV joints in them. So I doubt that you will find a steel equivalent for the short plastic cups.

The ball diff of the minion is replaced with a gear diff, the outdrive of which look fairly standard. They have the part number TS4040.

Take a look at the TR04-Pro manual:-
www.absima.com/absima_uploads/cars/tr04pro/TR04_pro.pdf