PDA

View Full Version : Racing in the South west Midlands

Edd
05-01-2009, 12:05 AM
Hi,

I've been looking for a place to race my 1:10 4wd electric buggy. I live in Broadway which is about 20-30 minutes from Evesham and a half hour drive to Cheltenham. I've heard of Dom at DC racing but I don't have any other information. I would imagine there would be a place in Cheltenham but I've asked around and can't find anything. I'd be willing to drive up to an hour and a half away but not much more than that. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Edd

cjm_2008
05-01-2009, 07:36 AM
ledbury!

GRIFF55
05-01-2009, 09:07 AM
the mid west has a good range of tracks. kidderminster, coventry etc. all very well run, fun meetings. have a look at brca.org for clubs near you

RogerM
07-01-2009, 12:52 PM
Edd, I live in Cheltenham and there is absolutely nothing around and has not been for a long while!!!!!

There is the Ledbury club, which is a decent track, but I am not sure how much they are doing over the winter (the guy I knew as the main man for 1/10th there has sold all his offroad stuff to race snoring car!!!)

PM me your mobile number and I'll give you a call and explain what's what. Used to live in Evesham (well Long Lartin .... not inside the nick I hasten to add) and have been racing since the mid 80s in and around this area!!!

By the way, a meeting at Kidderminster this sunday (11th) which in my opinion is the best track within 1.5 hrs drive of where you are!!!

gasman
17-02-2009, 10:50 PM
ledbury trck has somthing going on most weekends 2 tracks elec or nitro always welcome to come over

RogerM
17-02-2009, 11:30 PM
Gasman, how much electric racing is going on at Ledbury these days? My most local club as you know but never hear anything about what is going on there so though 1/10th had gone quiet.

Keep us up to date and I'll try to get over much more often!

gasman
18-02-2009, 10:15 PM
http://www.ledburymcc.com/ hi dude there is all types going on the club website has more detales on what and when im involved on nitro side and not to shure what elect is doing lol but always try to cater for all clases elct and nitros more the merryer all is welcome to practice or race :D

Doomanic
18-02-2009, 10:53 PM
Both Coventry and Ledbury have a meeting on this weekend. The Coventry meet will be all electric, 1/10 and 1/8, I suspect the meet at Ledbury will be mostly 1/8 nitro.

toooldskool
24-02-2009, 03:51 PM
Dates (confirmed)
5th April.......1/10 Electric warm up
11-12 April....NitroXcross Ross on Wye (2 days)
10th May.......Border Counties Regional/BCL
17th May.......BRCA Electric regional
7th June .......BRCA Electric regional
4-5 July.........NitroXcross Bromyard Gala (2 days)

Hopefully going to be an Electric meet once a month throughout the summer