PDA

View Full Version : Club Suggestions Thread

dayxwalker
08-01-2009, 08:53 PM
I thought it would be good to have a Suggestion Box/Thread were we can try and improve things as nothings perfect LOL

dayxwalker
08-01-2009, 09:00 PM
I will start ! Hope none of this offends anyone as the clubs great as it is just theres always room for improvement

1. Posting the results on the wall after each round (Myself and the other new Lad Craig could not find the results as I think there was results from other weeks mixed in)

2. Maybe posting the results of the A B C final etc... of here ? would be nice to be able to see them the next day ? Maybe the racing software can export them (.csv) to some digital format or just scan them. I would be happy to scan them and post them

dayxwalker
08-01-2009, 09:07 PM
If we can get them in a digital format I am good at Excel and I could put them in and do some auto sums etc and every quarter I could get them to auto generate some graphs showing each drivers performance things like top 20 drivers , most improved , average placing ! I am sure there's loads that can be done dead easy and once its done you just need to paste in the data from each race meeting

Then post the results in here or the website when its done ?

chris68nufc
08-01-2009, 09:24 PM
You are dead right. It is terrible if you cant find out position and lap times etc.
I didnt know how many laps i had done either.
I will nominate myself to be in charge of putting the results up as long as nobody takes them away from the printer.
We used to have a board with clips on that we keep the results on. I will find out where it has gone.
Peter is racing more now and his good lady doesnt attend as much anymore(No tuck shop:cry:) so we all have to understand that we will have to do more.

We need to be able to tell eachother things without people taking offence when they are said.
I didnt marshall a heat last night apparently. Why didnt anybody shout my name and tell me?

We also have a Series that runs on the last Tuesday of the month and i will find out also if we will be starting this up again this month.

dayxwalker
08-01-2009, 09:35 PM
I was a little worried people may be offended my this post as I am a new face

We could do with some more members to ! just theres not loads altho its nice not having to wait around ages for another race but another 2 heats of drivers would be a nice level

Question is how do we get more members ? Suggestions ?

pugs
08-01-2009, 10:27 PM
some good ideas,how many members fail to make it on a tues night? really bad night for me to get there on time from work.

Dalla
08-01-2009, 10:34 PM
No problem Tim. All help appreciated, in fact as soon as there is a vacancy on the committee we'll get you signed up :D

We need to get the results board sorted for the regional anyway. :thumbsup:

N7ELA
09-01-2009, 12:58 AM
This week we had no paper so we had to recycle. Chrissy P is getting some for next week... Wait for the web site... weekly results will be posted on there....

baD
09-01-2009, 01:30 AM
If we can get them in a digital format...........need to paste in the data from each race meeting

Then post the results in here or the website when its done ?

I can share a little info on this.

bbkRC does not export race reults to csv/xls/mdb or anything else.
Create a Series and the Series data can be exported to csv But why export it - just pdf it and email or post it on the web.
Enter email addresses in the driver databases and a few clicks when the pc is on the net and everyone can have their own results (not individual lap times though)
for all drivers results, including all lap times and positions, bbkRC creates excellent result info quicker than anyone can do in excel and easily ftp to the web - see results on nercr.net (tuition available at reduced rates to BRCA members ;) )
A long term solution to reduce paper usage
either
Set up bbk netscreen wireless to a second (old cheap) laptop (needs wireless router) and allow drivers to see overall results there on screen
or
Set up race laptop to print to pdf and again have second laptop wire networked to first to allow users to access the pdf prints on screen - they would look exactly like the paper version from a printer. (on second thoughts - maybe paper is easier :cry: )
ba

dayxwalker
09-01-2009, 07:31 AM
when's the website going online ?
We should do a club championship but I think that's what you mean by series ?
Maybe we could get a 720p webcam (cheap) and a long pole and fasten it to race control so you can record the finals ? It's easy done with a usb webcam ! Then put it on the site and YouTube ! Then people will cme across the club on the tube and come along ? We can also watch the final back and use it to analysis ourselfs and have a natter about the race ?

dayxwalker
09-01-2009, 07:53 AM
Dalla sign me up ;)

dayxwalker
09-01-2009, 09:00 AM
I think a club car should be a good idea !
A 4wd built like a tank ? Built from donated bits with a stock motor with the correct tires setup etc.. So any visitors can have a go as it's one thing watching and another getting involved
Maybe a advert in the local paper just a small one ? I now it's mostly the old folk who read this but they have grand kids ! And if it mentions a free go of a car ?
What about the school we race in ? Are there not kids who are interested ? There does not seem to be that many young lads at the club ? Maybe there all playing xboxs ? Bet if they thought they could come and have a go they would and would get hooked !

turbo_brick
09-01-2009, 11:30 AM
We've already got some club cars, one we bought new and a couple that were donated to the club.

Results normally by the time I get anywhere near the printer all the printouts have gone to wherever.

We do need to get some more videos of the racing done, I believe jeff s said he would fetch his video camera up, I'll speak to him later.

Peter

N7ELA
09-01-2009, 02:00 PM
All good ideas Tim but we're already on its case... Im hoping the website can be up and running towards the back end of february.

The 09 series or championship is currently being organised, we're just looking for dates etc and lookng into possibly running this on a different day than tues....

As peter said we have club cars and are looking into videoing. However its very difficult to get a good angle to video RC cars as they go so fast round the track. Ideally a birds eye view would sort this. Does anybody have a cherry picker...??? We can get someone up in it and video in style...

And were getting the new BBK RC software so we will be able to have a satellite laptop displaying the results as bill (baD) pointed out earlier...

But keep your thinking caps on as we're always looking for good ideas.....

dayxwalker
09-01-2009, 02:27 PM
I have a 720p camcorder records to SD cards and YouTube can take 720p now ! So getting some good HD Jarrow racing on the tube would be good !

Yes I think birds eye would be great but how ?

What about a short video compalation of some jarrow racing ie big jumps filmed from crazy angles and some good overtaking etc... Edited properly and with some appropriate music ? Put this on the home page of the new site and the tube with links to site

dayxwalker
09-01-2009, 02:59 PM
I have an idea on how to film some in car racing !
To get the footage smooth we could film it very slowly an this way we can setup some good overtakes etc... Then speed it back up in the editing software ?

cmgreen
20-01-2009, 08:26 AM
How about Jarrow Off Road Club running a outdoor series? May be combined with NERC?

chrispattinson
20-01-2009, 11:00 AM
Outdoor series? I cant see it being worth the cost or the effort.

6 minute heats?

turbo_brick
20-01-2009, 11:19 AM
People getting there early enough to get track setup and racing started by 7, then you can have your 6 min heats.

Chris G there's a track willing to run an outdoor series on a sunday for our members if there interested, only proviso is people will have to help with the track between now and then. To make sure it's suitable.

As has been said in the past everything is possible, just requires work and some commitment.

Peter

dayxwalker
20-01-2009, 11:50 AM
I would love an outdoor series ! As long as it's warm as I am a softy