PDA

View Full Version : RPM Ball Cups

tc2k
29-12-2006, 12:59 PM
Ive got all my stuff here ready to redo my B4 on sunday and in my hands I have some white RPM Ball cups, Id just like to know whether anyone has tried them and what they think of them. If not Ill just have to tell you all how they are.

super__dan
29-12-2006, 01:04 PM
White? Never seen those, however I swear buy the RPM ones. The stock AE ones are whack, play when new and then start to fall off. RPM ones will have less play after a years use!

I run them on my X5 too, deliberatly bought oversize Lunsford turnbuckles so I could use the RPM AE sized ball ends.

Lee Martin
29-12-2006, 01:05 PM
dan, standard ones are great.......i think they are fine, its just ur driving.

tc2k
29-12-2006, 01:26 PM
Aye dan, they look well smart, will look trick with the blue titanium AE turnbuckles. Its just deciding whether to run the AE ones till their paggered or just whack the RPM ones on now.

http://users.sisna.com/hcamper/1/rpm/rpm73381.jpg

There the ones I got.

Oscar
30-12-2006, 06:13 PM
I use these also. Better than the original ones, and you can dye them fancy colours:D

neiloliver
31-12-2006, 01:58 PM
I dont think they will stay white for long, just go muddy brown after a bit of use and look awful. I use RPM black ones. Never had one come off during a race..

tc2k
31-12-2006, 03:51 PM
There ball cups, of course theyll get dirty, but I was on about the performance of them

DCM
31-12-2006, 07:14 PM
if they get dirty, blast them with motor cleaner!!! or bleach them back to white.

bald eagle
01-01-2007, 06:18 PM
If you were Neil Cragg and turned up for a race meeting with white ball cups, that had been used and gotten dirty, would you look KOOL even if you won the day? The point being made was... Rpm ball cups are a great investment to people who have old worn cups that need replacing, they are probably better than the kit supplied ball cups. White rpm ball cups will get dirty when used on an off road buggy that goes off road.! I think someone was just commenting that white is not the best choice of colours for a buggy!. :rolleyes:

tc2k
01-01-2007, 08:13 PM
Yes, but you can clean them, its not that much effort. Plus, Ive never really raced in the proper mud before. I race indoor at our club and any outdoor is in the summer so not much chance of em getting ruined. I cant believe your saying having dirty white ball cups isnt cool, its a ball cup!