PDA

View Full Version : BJ4WE newbie questions

Kopite
19-01-2009, 12:41 PM
Hi all,

got a few questions from the car's first run this weekend...

I felt that the rear of the car was rolling about way too much, regardless of what i did to the damper settings. The camber change was quite prominent as well.

What have people done to combat this, if they've had the same problem themselves?

Also, the car is a tank! It's so heavy!! Especially with cells. Powering out of a corner took an age. I'm not sure if it's cos i'm used to running LiPo now, or whether it's just cos the car is so heavy in general. what do people think?

Finally, despite the above two things, i couldn't get the car's rear end to grip at all, especially when cornering. (The car does generate a lot of steering though, which is sweet!). Any advice?

Come on guys, let's have your thoughts...:woot:

Lee
19-01-2009, 01:35 PM
When i ran it Stan i think i had about 4mm of spacers under the rear camber link to stop the roll, basically i ran the same as Rich did and it suited me.

I think i just ran silver springs everywhere, green if it rained, and losi blue pistons and 30wt rear and red and 40wt up front.

Kopite
19-01-2009, 02:04 PM
cool, nice one Lee. i have losi dampers on the car, but i can probably get a similar setup to that

Chris Doughty
19-01-2009, 02:13 PM
try bolting something similar to one of my S4 setups on it and see how she rides.

camber links should transfer over fairly well, shock setups too

my car was the nuts!

Richard Lowe
19-01-2009, 02:33 PM
YGPM Stan :)

Kopite
19-01-2009, 02:59 PM
coolio, all good. Thanks lads :)