PDA

View Full Version : no rear end grip?

quincey
20-01-2009, 09:11 PM
any ideas how to get some rear end grip on my s2?
ran it at bury at the weekend and i just could'nt push the car as i had no rear end grip,any power applied out of a corner would just send it spinning out:o:o
so here's what i was running so any pointers would be helpful as it looked dreadful at the weekend.
yellow mini pins all round,front-30 degree castor blocks on front-lwb on ft arms,trailing steering blocks,outer holes on ft wishbones,inner holes on ft shock mount,silver springs on front,losi shocks,level at rest,inner hole on shock mount for camber,inner hole on upright for camber link 1 degree neg camber
rear red springs,level at rest,2nd inner hole on shock mount,inner hold on wishbone,middle hold on upright,btm outer hole on shock mount for camber link,1 1/2 degree neg camber,slipper was runinng a little loose.
shock mount does have hold right at the btm that look like they have been added at a later date,what are these for??
the only bit i dont know is what wt oil is in the shocks feels like 20-30 wt when pressing down on car.

Lee
20-01-2009, 09:23 PM
Without looking at the car you could try shortening the wheelbase and dropping to a pink rear spring

Spencer Mulcahy
20-01-2009, 09:28 PM
Where you running LIPO without any weight as I have had the same problem with my X6.

quincey
20-01-2009, 09:39 PM
no,i ran cells as ive only had the car a week and ive had no time to convert it to lipo's.

Lee
20-01-2009, 10:31 PM
Can you adjust anti squat?

DaveG28
20-01-2009, 11:25 PM
Ade, I'm wondering about shock oil and also the whole shock setup, I have had no problems with mine (although its the swb one) with the same springs as yours, but I run with far more shock travel left to go at sitting still and a bit more rideheight, and I think with the shocks more upright too, than yours when I saw it friday. From just looking at it I'd sy yours wouldn't have enough "dive" left in the rear for when you put the power on, which would decrease traction.

Sorry for the s**t way of explaining it!!!

If Matt has mine off me you can get copy the setup before he changes it!

If you can, take a pic and drop it on here for people to see, it looked like more of an onroad high grip setup!

Body Paint
21-01-2009, 12:49 PM
yellow mini pins all round,front-30 degree castor blocks on front-lwb on ft arms,trailing steering blocks,outer holes on ft wishbones,middle holes on ft shock mount, blue or black springs on front,losi shocks,level at rest, outer hole on shock mount for camber,outer hole on upright for camber link 1 degree neg camber
rear pink springs, driveshafts level at rest,2nd inner hole on shock mount,inner hold on wishbone,outer hold on upright, short wheelbase,
btm outer hole on shock mount for camber link,1 1/2 degree neg camber,slipper was runinng a little loose. short wheelbase,
shock mount does have hold right at the btm that look like they have been added at a later date,what are these for?? this is for anti roll bar
the only bit i dont know is what wt oil is in the shocks feels like 20-30 wt when pressing down on car. should be red piston 35 oil in front, orange piston 30 oil in rear

changes are highlighted in bold :)

Thomas P
25-01-2009, 07:48 AM
outboard toein, tested it? Racers edge have some nice bits for the B4.. 0.5-1.5deg if im not misstaken. i hade the same problem on my S2,regardless change (loose track) but astro never any problems