PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday 27th

chrispattinson
21-01-2009, 12:32 PM
With the regional upon us, I've been asked to see if we can get a 2WD night of racing sorted for the 27th.

So lets get the B4s and all other inferior 2WD cars prepped for Tuesday 27th.

I'll commit to it. Anyone else?

emzy
21-01-2009, 12:41 PM
I'd prefer not to... 2wd is way too stressful for a Tuesday evening. If everyone else is, I suppose I will... but I'd prefer to do 4wd. Dad might give his X6 a run out though...

I'll wait and see what the craik is I suppose...!

racdeaf
21-01-2009, 12:59 PM
yeah i would use my X6 on 27th that if i can be allow to go out :p

chrispattinson
21-01-2009, 01:45 PM
I'd prefer not to... 2wd is way too stressful for a Tuesday evening.

I'm sure there'll be plenty people doing 4WD aswell. I think 2WD is less stressful, its slow and relaxing. I think you need to Chile out. Get it? Chile out?? Chill out.... never mind. Anyway, I booked you in for 2WD on Tuesday just gone - just so I could use your specs though!

yeah i would use my X6 on 27th that if i can be allow to go out !

Atleast Robin's brave enough to race 2WD, I hope he's brave enough to ask permission to play out though!

We'll sort a bit more carpet out aswell.

chris68nufc
21-01-2009, 03:13 PM
I know Team Williams were planning on coming up and maybe Kash. I will be well up for 2WD.Hope mine is setup right for the slippy!!

Get me booked in for 2WD. Jarrow top 10 for the regional??(Thats if anybody else turns up!)

turbo_brick
21-01-2009, 03:25 PM
Does that mean I can run my 2wd truck???:lol:

Or maybe the losi.

Peter

chris68nufc
21-01-2009, 03:31 PM
Hey Ten car Pete. It doesnt matter what we run you wont run the same car all night anyway. Whats happening with the computer then? Do we need a new one? You were well stressed out last night by the way!!

dayxwalker
21-01-2009, 04:06 PM
Book me in ! I think I will race 2wd ! Ooo that's right I don't own a 4wd

I find the 2wd racing to be smooth and relaxing as you are not going he'll for leather like the 4wd

turbo_brick
21-01-2009, 04:34 PM
Hey Ten car Pete. It doesnt matter what we run you wont run the same car all night anyway. Whats happening with the computer then? Do we need a new one? You were well stressed out last night by the way!!

Computer, probably need a new one

Stressed? I came up to pick a car up, not run a race meeting, I wasn't actually supposed to be there. I've also spent today sorting out paper, tape etc.

Oh and I have more than 10 cars :p

emzy
21-01-2009, 06:43 PM
I find the 2wd racing to be smooth and relaxing as you are not going he'll for leather like the 4wd

But that's the fun of racing! I find it so dull just toddling round and not being able to be at all aggressive. With 2wd, as soon as anyone comes near I find I can't even attempt to race with them because I can't push at all. And at a club meeting, I find that boring as hell!

I don't need to go to "hell for leather" to race against someone, but at least I can be a bit aggressive... with 2wd, one push and you're dead!

chris68nufc
21-01-2009, 08:03 PM
We will be sticking carpet down on some corners though. Im hoping most to bring theirs along so we can all get some practice for the upcoming Regional.

dayxwalker
21-01-2009, 08:55 PM
I know what you mean it's all to easy to lose it and it is hard to race with a 4wd as one tap and you spin but the 4wd's just shrug it of !
But I think it takes more skill to drive them and it's good to learn with as it teaches yo to take you time and not make mistakes.

Kash
26-01-2009, 10:25 AM
Book me in guys i'll be there but might be running slightly late as I don't finish work till 5.30.

2wd was ace last time so looking forward to doing it again

racdeaf
26-01-2009, 11:34 AM
i am going :woot: will be running my X6
got the green light from the wife :thumbsup:

turbo_brick
26-01-2009, 03:39 PM
Just something I've thought of today, if your wanting to run 2wd and want all the carpet out, a few people will need to be there early to get it from the container.

Peter

chris68nufc
26-01-2009, 08:59 PM
To be honest Peter, we dont need all of the carpet out. I tried my B4 last week and there was plenty of carpet there and still some more in the cupboard. As long as we have a good mix of carpet/slippy corners then it will be a true reflection of a Regional setup. I had mini spikes with only 3 rows of spike on the front and it was still good!
Not sure if i will make it but fingers crossed!!

Kash
26-01-2009, 09:57 PM
I don't think you need all carpet there's plenty of grip just a mix will do

N7ELA
27-01-2009, 12:05 AM
2wd should be good for a change. looking forward to it...

dayxwalker
27-01-2009, 11:45 AM
are we going to put all the 2wds together ie seperate finals to 4wd ? Would be good as a rogue 4wd can spoil it for the 2wd as one knock from a 4wd and it's spin time ! 4wd can shrug of knocks

chrispattinson
27-01-2009, 03:25 PM
Sounds like a plan Tim.

dayxwalker
28-01-2009, 09:07 AM
Well last night was fun ! Getting better all the time !
I had a pritty good final until my Acoms 2.4ghz set got interferance ? That's 2 weeks in a row any more and I am getting rid ! Should have payied more and got a spectum DX 2 or 3

chrispattinson
28-01-2009, 10:44 AM
Pity about your inteferance Tim, you were going well.

Yesterday was a nice change, very relaxing compared to the usual intense 4WD, I also forgot how quiet it was to race in 2WD heats, its almost silent compared to the4WD cars.

Really enjoyed it, and had a good race with Greg in the final, though we both made a lot of mistakes, the parts where we were actually racing were clean. Well done Greg for the win.

Well done to Robin and Neil aswell, I think we were all on a good pace throughout the night. Interesting to see there wasnt much difference betweeen minipins, minispikes, or full spikes on the 2WD. The full spikes on the rear and ribs ont he front felt great in round 1, though I did settle on mini spikes for the final.

B4 felt really good, and I felt I could chuck it around without anthing too scary happening .... though Barry thinks I was overdoing the corner at the end of the straight on lifting a front wheel each lap.

On another note, I think we could do with a bit more help putting the track out. There must have been around 20 people watching about 5 of us build the track!! There is no plan for the track, if everyone chips in, it'll get done a lot quicker.

dayxwalker
28-01-2009, 11:20 AM
Does anyone have the results ? The print out vanished last night !

N7ELA
28-01-2009, 12:00 PM
Printer wouldn't print out last night and because we were running late we had to pack it away. From memory,

1st Greg williams 13 laps 5m 04 seconds
2nd chris pattinson 13 laps 5m 06 seconds
3rd neil adamson 13 laps 5m 06.5 seconds
4th tim snowdon 12 laps 5m 09 seconds.

Im sure peter could check the computer and post the exact results for everyone when he gets a minute....

I enjoyed 2wd last night however i only took pins so it was like an ice rink on that top corner. Losi shocks were a definate improvement on the B4, however i still need to fine tune them right in. I think mini spikes woud have been better...

Back to 4wd next week i think...

Chequered Flag Racing
28-01-2009, 12:07 PM
until my Acoms 2.4ghz set got interferance ?

Have you got the ariel wire fed through the hole in the chassis provided by AE?

If so take the ariel wire out of it and run it up the outside of the ariel straw to see if interferance goes away. If it does drill a hole in the straw just above were it pushes into the chassis and feed the wire up inside the straw

dayxwalker
28-01-2009, 01:37 PM
thanks for the heads up ! I assume it's been a problem in the past ? I will try it next week ! Fingers crossed !

I am sure Kash beat me so not sure I was 4th ! I was following him till I got interferance then I could have even lost another place as I pritty much gave in by the end

Chequered Flag Racing
28-01-2009, 02:03 PM
thanks for the heads up ! I assume it's been a problem in the past ?

When on 27/40mhz yes but haven't heard it being a problem on 2.4mhz, but you may be the 1st