PDA

View Full Version : Feb 1st Winter series

David Church
21-01-2009, 01:14 PM
Thought I would start this one off!!!!

We are looking to have a HUGE raffle!!!!!

Well not huge really, but big enough enough for you all to want to enter!!!
I have let you all off till now, so PLEASE bring a few extra quid for our raffle!!!!

Oh and who is coming??? By then the weather will be great and the track in fab shape!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cheers
DC

Southwell
21-01-2009, 01:33 PM
Im there. :thumbsup:

MattADH
21-01-2009, 01:37 PM
Im there. :thumbsup:

Bring your cheque book with you too! ;)

MattADH
21-01-2009, 01:38 PM

I have let you all off till now, so PLEASE bring a few extra quid for our raffle!!!!

Oh and who is coming??? By then the weather will be great and the track in fab shape!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cheers
DC

I will see what I can come up with!!!

David Church
21-01-2009, 01:39 PM
I will see what I can come up with!!!

I am sure it will be Racer Fab!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Southwell
21-01-2009, 01:58 PM
Bring your cheque book with you too! ;)

I will make sure i have some extra cash on me, don't wanna get told off by DC again. :woot:

David Church
21-01-2009, 02:19 PM
I will make sure i have some extra cash on me, don't wanna get told off by DC again. :woot:

YES people are starting to learn what the power of MCDC can do!!! Just ask Jamie Banks, well he may have beat me on Sunday, BUT, he does not like to hear his name on the mic, mwhaaaaaaaaa, so funny enough he is a nice guy towards me now!!!!!:thumbsup:
Hope to see you all with £££ notes at the next round!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and all the cash will be towards the track and all that goes with it!!!!!!:D:D:D

trekkerkk
21-01-2009, 02:41 PM
ill be there doing 4wd,
ill bring an extra pound just so i dont get shouted at;)
only joking i think everyone can see were the money went last time:thumbsup:

trekkker

Jamie B4
21-01-2009, 02:52 PM
YES people are starting to learn what the power of MCDC can do!!! Just ask Jamie Banks, well he may have beat me on Sunday, BUT, he does not like to hear his name on the mic, mwhaaaaaaaaa, so funny enough he is a nice guy towards me now!!!!!:thumbsup:

Oh and all the cash will be towards the track and all that goes with it!!!!!!:D:D:D

Put it this way Dave rather be in your final than you commentate or another. Nah your mic skills are one of a kind. Looking forward to next year's comments already. And if they get too abusive there is always the WRAGGY factor. ha ha

David Church
21-01-2009, 03:00 PM

Put it this way Dave rather be in your final than you commentate or another. Nah your mic skills are one of a kind. Looking forward to next year's comments already. And if they get too abusive there is always the WRAGGY factor. ha ha

PMSL!!!!!!!!!!!! Quality!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsu p:

savageman25
21-01-2009, 03:10 PM
Ill be there with my B4
Post changed lol

MattADH
21-01-2009, 03:18 PM
Ill be there with my B4 and colin!

If Charles now posts on this thread with something stoopid, I am going to ban the both of you numpties!

savageman25
21-01-2009, 03:23 PM
Can we run a similair track to last time, where we put astro over a track marker and used that, i thought that was brilliant.
(last post chnged, sorry matt:blush:)

David Church
21-01-2009, 03:35 PM
WOW!!!! Could they possibly be learning????? MMMMMMMM???? Who knows???? Mwhaaaaaaaa:lol::lol::lol:

You lot try racing with them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahahahahahahah:woot::D:cry:;):p

David Church
21-01-2009, 03:37 PM
Can we run a similair track to last time, where we put astro over a track marker and used that, i thought that was brilliant.
(last post chnged, sorry matt:blush:)

Um NO!!!!! just cause you asked!!! next time say PLEASE!!!!!!! Hahaha

MHeadling
21-01-2009, 03:46 PM
I'll be there!! cant decide whether to do 2wd or 4wd, im loving the X6 so may give that a go, but then its easier to drive a 4wd when its so cold and slippery.... oh well we shall see on the day i'll bring both!

David Church
21-01-2009, 03:52 PM
I'll be there!! cant decide whether to do 2wd or 4wd, im loving the X6 so may give that a go, but then its easier to drive a 4wd when its so cold and slippery.... oh well we shall see on the day i'll bring both!

It don't matter what class you run as long as you bring some extra £££££ for the raffle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have been warned!!!! You cant escape MCDC!!!!!! Mwhaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!

JK, but please enter the raffle, all the £££ is to improve our facility!!!!

DC

MHeadling
21-01-2009, 03:57 PM
No worries Dave, I'll bring some extra ££ for it! I hope I have more luck than the Petit raffle, I so wanted some of those prizes!

savageman25
21-01-2009, 04:20 PM

Cheers
DC
Ill also try to bring some extra ££s.
Not sure how much im getting first lol.

tiny tom
21-01-2009, 04:54 PM
I know this is going to sound stupid, what is going to be in the raffle?
Don't forget I am a newbie, be nice DC

MattADH
21-01-2009, 05:07 PM
I will start scrounging!

David Church
21-01-2009, 05:26 PM
I know this is going to sound stupid, what is going to be in the raffle?
Don't forget I am a newbie, be nice DC

Loads of stuff mate!!!!! We need your money for improvements is what I am after!!!!! Lol. But really, there will be some cool stuff on offer!!!!!

trekkerkk
21-01-2009, 05:34 PM
yep matts on the case lol,

trekkker

PaulUpton
21-01-2009, 06:22 PM
Loads of stuff mate!!!!! We need your money for improvements is what I am after!!!!! Lol. But really, there will be some cool stuff on offer!!!!!

Like what? ;)

pb1
21-01-2009, 06:36 PM
Both jon and my self will be there.

David Church
21-01-2009, 07:18 PM
Like what? ;)

You will have to come along and see;):thumbsup::D oh and bring a few £££...

HKP
21-01-2009, 07:34 PM
I'll be there doing race director duties if need be (unless alex prefers?)

Um, I might even venture out on the track with a proper 1/10th buggy - rumour has it I have one that isn't 20 years old...

Oh, and I'll bring a few quid :)

cwilson
21-01-2009, 10:19 PM
i'll be there with my losi and maybe my zaboon. depends if its working. and hopefully some £££ for the raffle.

David Church
22-01-2009, 10:11 AM
It seems we have plenty of interest!!!!! This is very good!!!!!
See you all next Sunday, and remember to bring a few extra £££££, cause I know where you will be pitting!!!!!:p:thumbsup::D

Team No Idea
22-01-2009, 10:33 AM
OOoooo im very tempted to come, ill have to try and get some power and a something for a bit of shelter from somewhere.

mw02veg
22-01-2009, 03:40 PM
4wd for me :thumbsup: hopefully have a better day with it than at the petit :lol: ill make sure weve got a good few quid for the almost world famous epr raffle

simoncook
22-01-2009, 04:06 PM
I can't make it!!! Boooo......

I'm kinda intrigued to find out what is in the famous DC raffle though...

David Church
22-01-2009, 04:14 PM
4wd for me :thumbsup: hopefully have a better day with it than at the petit :lol: ill make sure weve got a good few quid for the almost world famous epr raffle

Thanks guys!!!:thumbsup:

I can't make it!!! Boooo......

I'm kinda intrigued to find out what is in the famous DC raffle though...

Well come along and find out!!!!! What ever you have planned will keep!!!:thumbsup:

David Church
25-01-2009, 04:04 PM
Just to let you know the prises are coming along fine, there will be some cool stuff!!!!!

We are trying to raise money for a new timing system!!!!!!:D So please come to our meeting in a charitable mood!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

rcbrookey
25-01-2009, 07:17 PM
Just to let you know the prises are coming along fine, there will be some cool stuff!!!!!

We are trying to raise money for a new timing system!!!!!!:D So please come to our meeting in a charitable mood!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dads has been cleaning up and has found some prises for the raffle.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

David Church
25-01-2009, 07:52 PM
Dads has been cleaning up and has found some prises for the raffle.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thats great news!!! Thanks a bunch!!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

HKP
25-01-2009, 09:55 PM

Hopefully not the money he owes me!! :D :D :D:blush:

David Church
27-01-2009, 07:09 AM
I am hoping we have another good turnout this Sunday!!!!
People also doing the National there could do with some more track time aroud there:D

Southwell
29-01-2009, 08:12 AM
Sorry guys, i wont be there. Ive been told off by my chiropodist for aggrivating my in growing toe nail at the Petit two days after it was cut out, so it's been done again and i can't do anything for a couple of weeks or it will flair up again. At £40 a pop it's not cheap either!

I will donate next meeting DC ;)

Cheers

Ian

MattADH
29-01-2009, 09:19 AM
Sorry guys, i wont be there. Ive been told off by my chiropodist for aggrivating my in growing toe nail at the Petit two days after it was cut out, so it's been done again and i can't do anything for a couple of weeks or it will flair up again. At £40 a pop it's not cheap either!

I will donate next meeting DC ;)

Cheers

Ian

And we will hold your BRCA membership card to ransom!

Southwell
29-01-2009, 09:35 AM
And we will hold your BRCA membership card to ransom!

:o You wouldn't!

David Church
29-01-2009, 03:46 PM
Awww thats a shame Ian!!!!! I am sure we will be able to accept a donation for your BRCA card!!!!:p

Just kidden, look after that toe!!!!:thumbsup:

David Church
31-01-2009, 05:03 PM
How did the track prep go today???? Did you clear all the snow off the track????:o

MHeadling
31-01-2009, 05:54 PM
Damn I can't make it tomorrow !! I was well up for it too, Dave see Paul Barnes he will buy my raffle tickets for me!!

David Church
31-01-2009, 06:18 PM
Thanks Mark, sorry you can't make it!!! See you at the next round:D

trekkerkk
31-01-2009, 06:36 PM
dave have you seen racer,

trekkker

David Church
31-01-2009, 06:53 PM
Yes mate, It goes to enhancing my stardome!!!!
Would you like me to sign your copy???? LOL

Dont worry Matt, the cheque is in the post!!!!;)

HKP
31-01-2009, 08:27 PM
It's going to your head DC...

Looking forward to tomorrow :D

Andy71
31-01-2009, 09:32 PM
Having spent time re-wiring after a chassis change (gone to LiPo in the Cat) and located a servo case (thanks to Matt and Steve) our dowstairs lights have packed up (lounge only) so guess what I'm doing in the morning now :thumbdown:

I've only managed 1 from 5 this winter series!!

Oh well, always March 1st :cry:

Hope you all have a good day, weather looks good/dry plus hasn't rained for a couple of days round here so guessing you'll have a clean track too.

Andy

savageman25
01-02-2009, 12:07 AM
just looked at last weather report at about 10:15pm and they said there may be a few taster wintry showers before all hell breaks loose on monday lol.

trekkerkk
01-02-2009, 06:23 PM
what an interesting day we all had:thumbsup:
i really enjoyed it,
thanks to all envolved in the track prep and race control:thumbsup:
havent raced on snow for a very long time,
was deffinately an experience:thumbsup:
thanks to matt for the couple of laps at the end:thumbsup:

trekkker

David Church
01-02-2009, 06:26 PM
Well it was an interesting day to say the least!!!! I have some great photos that I will load up later.

Thank you to all who gave towards the raffle, which was all of you, we raised £150 towards our new timing system!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks to Tom and SB for the running of the meeting!!!!!!

It was great to see 30 drivers on a cold winters day!!!!! Well done guys!!!

MattADH
01-02-2009, 07:35 PM
Yes to echo people's thanks, it was a tough day once the snow started.

The track was in great shape and bone dry for the first couple of rounds but that snow certainly added another dimension. As if the cold and cutting blustery wind was not enough!

One nice touch was that the food kiosk was up and running - a real surprise as was the London prices!

Thanks to all that helped take down speakers, pick up track markers and collect marshal cones.

I have quickly uploaded the results from the finals and these can be seen on the club website.

Despite many racers missing, I hope that every one enjoyed themselves and we will have a bbig push for our fnal round on 1 March when I have been assured that a few more will be heading south for some pre-National practice.

We will run the full track (clockwise) and we will try and get the Michelin star-priced catering to feature again!

MattADH
01-02-2009, 07:38 PM
Hope the raffle went down well - congratulations to those that won and thanks to all who put their hands in their pockets!

This is something we will have next month too as we round off our series...

Gnarly Old Dog
01-02-2009, 10:00 PM
Another great day today... Thanks to all.

The impromptu drift race was fun:thumbsup:

Special thanks to Tom and Roger in race control and to Steve for taking the mic all day.

The question is - can we prise the mic away from Steve next time for long enough so he can hold his transmitter and race himself??

Or has he hung up his sticks and found a new vocation as the EPR town crier:p:p

tymill
01-02-2009, 10:34 PM
Thanks to all for a fun day!

Seriously cold and snowy, but hey - was great getting the 25-year old RC10 back on the track. Just need to catch up on 25 years of driving experience and skills...

And I've learned to realise just how much non-stop activity I'd signed up for when electing to run two classes when there's only 4 heats! I don't think I sat down all day. really.

Drive, Marshal, Drive, Marshal, Drive, Marshal ... later, rinse, repeat...

And somewhere fit in repairs and battery changes (or not! as I discovered in race 3 heat 3, when I'd forgotten to swap batts and tried and failed to run 3 races in a row with the B44...)

Anyway, thanks, and see you all next time...

brookie
01-02-2009, 11:33 PM
Hope everybody got home safe and sound, unbelieveably the weather has worsened since we all left!

Thanks to all for their attendance and endurance!
In all the years both since the revival and all the years previously this had to be one of the coldest days at the 'Park'!

Special thanks to all, and especially the donations and Dave Church, for their participation in the raffle, all proceeds were gratefully received and will, trust us, be put to very good use!

Thanks for all the kind comments (though I'll ignore Andy's and no I haven't hung up the sticks, not 'til Chris wins something, oh hold on something happened today!)

Special mention to today's winners (both for very obvious reasons!), 4WD went to a certain EPR Chairman, Matt Benfield and 2WD went to someone called Christopher (I'm allowed to call him that) Brooke!

We'll try and get the complete Winter Warmer Championship tables uploaded to the EPR website it the not too distant future (as soon as Matt's figured out if it's possible!) but in the interim here are the top 5 in each Championship:

EPR Winter Warmer 2008/09 2WD Championship (after 5 rounds of 6)

1. Ellis Stafford 395 points
2. Chris Brooke 384
3. Simon Overall 380
4. Rob Wadley 365
5. Charles Wilson 363

Championship still open, looks like it's between two drivers!

EPR Winter Warmer 2008/09 4WD Championship (after 5 rounds of 6)

1. Grant Williams 397 points
2. Kevin Lee 393
3. Dave Church 382
4. Paul Sykes 379
5. Simon Overall 373

Again Championship still looks open, between three drivers!

Should any other drivers wish to know their Championship standings please feel free to PM or mail for a current position or a full listing.

Sunday 01 March 2009 will see us hosting the final round, Round 6, of the series and 2 and 4WD Championship deciders.

Hope to see you all there!

David Church
02-02-2009, 07:29 AM
Here is a little competetion for you lot, try and guess who this is, oh and you can't guess if you were a EPR yesterday!!!! http://www.oople.com/forums/images/attach/jpg.gif

David Church
02-02-2009, 07:37 AM
Here are a few more of the same guy and his car, you regular users will know him by his user name, he has joined in many threads, again, if you were there yesterday, please don't give it away just yet:D

http://www.oople.com/forums/images/attach/jpg.gifhttp://www.oople.com/forums/images/attach/jpg.gif

Gnarly Old Dog
02-02-2009, 08:17 AM
Is it R/C's equivalent of the Stig:confused:

Some say that he can drive his R/C car wearing nothing but a smile...

All we know is he's called .....

MattADH
02-02-2009, 08:29 AM
Is it R/C's equivalent of the Stig:confused:

Some say that he can drive his R/C car wearing nothing but a smile...

All we know is he's called .....

Numpty!

niggs98
02-02-2009, 08:30 AM
even tho i wasnt there i shant ruin it for everyone :woot: all i want to know was did he wrap colin up as well as he did himself or did he leave him out in the savage cold conditions lol. wish i could of been there with team trouble but had commitments for the 24 hour race. see you all at the next one

David Church
02-02-2009, 08:47 AM
I knew it would be a good mystery!!!:D:p

niggs98
02-02-2009, 09:06 AM
Numpty!

:woot::woot::woot: pmsl

HKP
02-02-2009, 09:20 AM
We will run the full track (clockwise) and we will try and get the Michelin star-priced catering to feature again!

£3.95 for a croissant!!? It's a nice facility for sure, but I think I'm going to start flipping burgers out of Race Control and selling them for less at this rate ;-)

David Church
02-02-2009, 09:42 AM
Here is a few more pic's from round 5 winter series.

http://www.oople.com/forums/images/attach/jpg.gifhttp://www.oople.com/forums/images/attach/jpg.gifhttp://www.oople.com/forums/images/attach/jpg.gifhttp://www.oople.com/forums/images/attach/jpg.gif

rcbrookey
02-02-2009, 09:56 AM
From Brookie NOT rcbrookey!!!

Numpty's on the phone right now!

Thanks Dave, very flattering!

Out of interest Matt has uploaded the updated Championship tables to the EPR webiste, check out:

http://www.edenparkraceway.com/index.htm

Sorry Tom, we tried 'Self' catering last year and not surprisingly (and to be perfectly honest, quite rightly!) the club got a little pi55ed at us!
As we discussed yesterday, have no fears, we will have a better positioned, more economically priced service in place for the National!

HKP
02-02-2009, 10:22 PM
Yeah... I'm not serious. I'll keep bringing my packed lunch anyway. Steph won't let me eat all those burgers! Have you seen how cold Matt looks in picture 1 above?! The track looks gorgeous in the snow from the rostrum btw.

David Church
03-02-2009, 03:26 PM
No guessing from you lot on the mystery man in the pics???? Come on Lee, Southwell and the rest, you should be able to figure it out!!!:p

martboy21
03-02-2009, 04:54 PM
oooh i know!can we give more clues!?

David Church
03-02-2009, 05:09 PM
oooh i know!can we give more clues!?

I don't think they want to play??? Usually Lee or Ian post on every thread:p