PDA

View Full Version : MOLD MODEL CAR CLUB

ScottyDogWoof
26-01-2009, 11:25 PM
Hello people

I have heard a few times now that people see mold as a nitro only club.. This is wrong. The club runs indoor and outdoor venues. If the demand is there it does run in the summer at both venues too.

Our indoor venue is massive and has loads of space to pit etc. Class's are normally V12 and 1/10th buggys (with jumps...work in progress). we also get few mini stock, touring and few 18ths at times. The venue is british areospace in broughton about2-3mins from south a55 about jnc 35a i think. easy accesable from m53 m56 etc its about 4 miles away from chester on the welsh boarder. Come see us bring what you got.

The out door venue normally only runs in summer...longs its dry. We have normally only raced nitro because alot of the guys race at national levels so practise makes h finals lol ;). But we are normally open to race what ever you got.

Race nights are Thursdays @7ish earlyer if you want to help design the track. Its 2.50 to race.. 3 Heats and a final. Finish time depends on how fast we get started but never later than 10:30.

Any questions just PM me

Scott
Track Manager

sly
26-01-2009, 11:37 PM
Do you have a website please?:)

Scouser
27-01-2009, 10:33 AM
Here we go. No pics of the indoor on the site but might be worth a road trip? http://www.moldmodelcarclub.co.uk/

burgie
27-01-2009, 12:09 PM
I'm up for a road trip to Mold.....but the outdoor track looks a tad big for 1/10th scale!

ScottyDogWoof
27-01-2009, 03:51 PM
no web site has been locked out.. so its all to co:@k but any questions let me know.. it is big space tho trust me. If we had more people it could work really well. the out door track is not the one on the photos we are at a new venue now.. smaller. the one on the pics is national size :)

ScottyDogWoof
27-01-2009, 05:10 PM
CH4 0DP....this will take you to the local tesco..about 30secs away from venue..i would sujest pm'ing me for a mobile number and call me when you get there. #

Scotty

Scouser
29-01-2009, 11:07 PM
Good time tonight. Some nice racing and nice to meet some new (and old) racers. If you are in the North West and are looking for some mid-week action, Mold is definitely the place.:thumbsup:

Jonesy
30-01-2009, 08:43 AM
The old outdoor venue was always good for a Mid West Regional, Dave, Donald, Sian, Winst, etc... used to put on a good event.

I've been meaning to pop down to the Indoor track and will make the effort next Thursday I think, considering I work until 6pm on Chester Business Park I really have no excuse!!

What surface do you run on Indoors and what tyres are recommended??

Thanks

Jonesy

Jonesy
30-01-2009, 02:50 PM
Ignore last post, just seen the other thread!!

dazza1
23-02-2009, 06:35 PM
Hi i am interested in racing at your club. I should be able to pop down this week to have a look.

Cheers daz

Jonesy
23-02-2009, 10:16 PM
Hi i am interested in racing at your club. I should be able to pop down this week to have a look.

Cheers daz

You'll enjoy it Daz mate, really relaxed evening. I have noticed though that no else other than me takes advantage of the bar downstairs...

bald eagle
26-02-2009, 05:02 PM
I do believe that we will have the 'proper' wood tonight for the ramps/jumps. Hopefully, this will be better than the make shift jumps we have had recently. :thumbsup: everybody welcome to come along, race, watch ask questions etc etc.... all welcome. :thumbsup:

Jonesy
27-02-2009, 09:38 PM
How did the Wood work on the jumps last night?? Apologies again for not being there but will be back next week for sure. Was it a good turn out again with 4 heats??

bald eagle
02-03-2009, 07:24 PM
Hi Andy,
Not as many turned up last week, but we still had some good racing with the people that did arrive.
We managed to construct what i thought was a good table top/jump. At the end of the evening, jay was testing the thing out in both directions as the down ramp was of a different length to the up ramp (steeper). not too sure what the outcome was tbh, but either way, it worked well.
Look forward to seeing more peeps turning up this coming thursday.! ;)

matdodd
02-03-2009, 07:38 PM
Ill be down this week, I want a go of the new jump :)

Jonesy what car you running this week?

Jonesy
02-03-2009, 11:22 PM
Ill be down this week, I want a go of the new jump :)

Jonesy what car you running this week?

I was thinking B4 mate, we've just built the new one so need to give it a run. I will of course have the CAT there for when I can't get any 2wd grip on the polished floor!!

Bring both, you know it makes sense!

matt72
16-03-2009, 09:40 PM
can some one please tell me were model club is ?
i have ask around in mold and no one nows any thing
so were and what time and on what day

jono83
16-03-2009, 09:50 PM
CH4 0DPthis is the post code mate its nr aerospace and they race on a thurs night at about 7.30pm

ScottyDogWoof
16-03-2009, 09:56 PM
it is in aero space. In there cantine ;) post code is for the local tesco. If your coming get there an ring me . PM me for my number.

Scott