PDA

View Full Version : Racing venue

dayxwalker
29-01-2009, 03:01 PM
I heard something along the lines of the school getting knocked down is this right ? I figure the nice new biulding next door is the new one ? If so what are we doing ? Following them ?

turbo_brick
29-01-2009, 03:36 PM
No we aren't going into the new building, hall is half the size and some random posh floor. At present the club is looking at other places to race.

Peter

dayxwalker
29-01-2009, 04:04 PM
That's a little worrying ! How long have we got ?
I take it we the club has some locations in mind ?
I don't know jarrow or surrounding area so not sure I can help but what if we all had a brain storm of possible locations on here ? Maybe start a thread ?
There's no reason to wait til we get kicked out so to speak
Just after getting back into RC I would be gutted if I had to take time out to find another venue

turbo_brick
29-01-2009, 04:09 PM
There's no need to worry at present everything that needs doing is being done.

chris68nufc
29-01-2009, 04:49 PM
Is there anywhere like Worksop or even Bury that we could chase up to maybe use?? Would be great to get somewhere like those venues??

dayxwalker
29-01-2009, 05:40 PM
I permimate location would be great but would be expensive !

chris68nufc
29-01-2009, 06:09 PM
Not bothered about permanent but somewhere with the rubber kind of floor for tonnea of grip

dayxwalker
29-01-2009, 07:09 PM
Does jarrow ever run outdoors in the summer ?

chris68nufc
29-01-2009, 07:37 PM
Too much hard work to get the ropes etc outside. We did intend to run a meeting with BBQ etc last year but preferred to race indoors instead and still had the BBQ!!
Some of the lads did do a one off meeting last year for some youngsters near Chester-le-Street and that ws outdoor.
Outdoor season is good if we get the chance to race on decent tracks and if the weather is kind. Neither usually happens. Nationals will be the only place to race on purpose built tracks.

Northy
29-01-2009, 08:07 PM
Nationals will be the only place to race on purpose built tracks.

And the regionals at Blyth and Batley ;)

turbo_brick
29-01-2009, 09:15 PM
Is there anywhere like Worksop or even Bury that we could chase up to maybe use?? Would be great to get somewhere like those venues??

ask around something may turn up. as for outdoor there's a track at spenny if people put the effort in to do the work it needs typed on my phone any mistakes sorry

baD
29-01-2009, 09:17 PM
And the regionals at Blyth and Batley ;)

Sorry - can't resist it - How can the NE Region run a regional in BLYTH ?

Notice how polite I asked te question ? :confused:

ba

Northy
29-01-2009, 09:19 PM
Because any club can run a regional for any region. And Blyth is NE ;)

G

baD
29-01-2009, 09:33 PM
Because any club can run a regional for any region. And Blyth is NE ;)

G

It's well seen that you missed a few geography lessons in your school years. Remind me never to ask you for directions. ;)

You could google 24/7 for a month and still not find anywhere to agree with your definition
North-East England is one of the nine official regions of England and comprises the combined area of Northumberland, County Durham, Tyne and Wear and Tees Valley.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_East_England (http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=X&start=1&oi=define&q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_East_England&usg=AFQjCNFwW9DVEllhqfZwCSvE4HAuUq5n_w)

http://www.visitnortheastengland.com/

btw - is there a thread on here with proposed venues for 2009?

Mike Hudson
29-01-2009, 09:36 PM
seems fine with me, takes an hour for me to get to blyth and over 1 and a half to get to south shields etc and happy to travel either direction so i dnt see what the problem is... :confused: bury has been in the NE regionals before without a problem...

turbo_brick
29-01-2009, 09:56 PM
seems fine with me, takes an hour for me to get to blyth and over 1 and a half to get to south shields etc and happy to travel either direction so i dnt see what the problem is... :confused: bury has been in the NE regionals before without a problem...

You will no doubt know what the issue is for those in the North East travelling to Blyth (not the one in Northumberland but in Nottinghamshire) is then, as you have said one is an hour from you, the other is 1.5 hours in the other direction, the issue is they have 2.5-3 hour drive each way to attend (We also have members from much further North than South Shields)

However this post is about Jarrow securing a venue for it's future as a club, nothing to do with the relocation of York and the possible venues for 2009. Could someone please start a thread if they wish to discuss that?

N7ELA
30-01-2009, 12:09 AM
Theres no way blyth is north east england. There is a blyth up here but its not the one next to worksop...