PDA

View Full Version : Newbury Indoor Sunday 22nd February

rob8246
31-01-2009, 09:47 PM
Andy will let you all know the format for this meeting.

moomin4888
01-02-2009, 11:45 AM
hi guys post above is wrong

we will be running all at the same time not splitting them into morning afternoon

thanks Andy Bell

showtime
01-02-2009, 10:19 PM
thats a shame

i dont suppose you'll get as many people doing 2 classes now as running side by side all day there just isn't enough time to charge cells & prep 2 cars :thumbdown:

the split meeting kinda eases the workload

smk
02-02-2009, 09:13 PM
Hi all

We're definitely going to run all three classes (2wd, 4wd & micro) throughout the day on this event. This is the same way just about all other events are organised.

The reason it was more hectic last time in Jan as opposed to Dec was because we had more drivers. This meant we had to chase around sharing transponders rather than leaving them in the car.

Assuming we get the same number of entrants, those double-classing will still be race one race, marshall the next, miss the one after and back to racing whether the racing is split into two halves or run as one.

The main reason we're doing it this way is because we're going to be using our new lap counting system with an AMBrc decoder which will allow personal transponders. As it will be the first time we're going to use it, the race controllers want their lives to be as easy possible in case we have any problems and also for helping drivers with their questions. This would be very difficult with the split sessions as both race controllers have 2wd cars, and we'd have no-one to cover race control. With the races more spread we will be able to have someone on duty at all times.

Life will also be easier for those with PTs, as they won't have to run around trying to get a handout from the last person who used it. As I said it was this issue rather than the format that causes the rush. After all 12 evenly spaced races and 12 marshalling sessions will be as pretty much as challenging swapping from 2wd to 4wd and back as it would be doing all the 2wd then all the 4wd. And if you break one of the cars you will get more time to fix it.

Running the day as one meeting also makes it possible for people to run 4wd and micro - as some would wish to, because this is not feasible in a half day unless you have someone spare to marshall for you.

And spreading the two classes across the day makes life more relaxing for those who only wish to run one class as they will have time for repairs/chilling/eating/chatting rather than having to rush all the time.

I know not everyone will not agree with me on this issue, but if you can find a capable race controller wishing to give up a Sunday and not race then I'd be very glad to move aside and concentrate on my racing.

Kev
Race Controller, Newbury RC

ginger fixit
03-02-2009, 07:23 AM
hi guys

ok it will run like this

doors open 730am (dont have nippers to worry about this time)

racing starts after drivers briefing around 9.30

4 rounds of round by round qualifying

3 leg finals for all if time allows

burger van will be in attendance

booking in at the link below you dont have to become a member to book in
http://www.gingerfixit.proboards84.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=bookingin&thread=358&page=1

the new amb system will be running so you will be able use pt`s at long last how ever we do have some hand outs if they are needed :D

thanks guys i hope thats all clear Andy

JCJC
11-02-2009, 06:54 PM
Enjoyed the last Sunday meeting, made the mistake of pitting by the door again! but 4 qualifers then the surprise of 3 finals for everyone, not just the A's (must pay more attention at drivers briefing), that gave us 35mins of racing instead of the usual 25, the luck we were having with the optical transponders we needed it, if we can run pt's that will be bonza. Well done the Newbury crew ;)

ryan
11-02-2009, 06:59 PM
Wehey, one newbury meeting that i can finally come to!!

Good move on the amb system andy, the PT's are going to make it so much easier!!

RogerM
11-02-2009, 07:38 PM
Wil try and make this one if I have the new 4WD built in time!

showtime
11-02-2009, 07:50 PM
stick me in for 2 & 4wd Andy/Kev

i'll just have to try not to break both cars every run :blush:

ginger fixit
12-02-2009, 07:11 AM
will do show time i will start to get a driver list together this week

i will need your pt no though adam :D

thanks Andy

showtime
12-02-2009, 07:15 AM
PT 6660859

i'll use it for both classes ;)

thanks Andy :D

ginger fixit
16-02-2009, 07:26 AM
hi guys

up to date list guys

driver list 2wd
Andy bell
rob racey
Richard Saunders
Mr trevor follington
Kev Tombeur
Ben Hubbard
George Fairweather
Al Ritchie
Ben Chester
Lee Flynn
Paul Newman
Dan Newman
Ryan Lees
Steve Hawkins
adam lewis

driver list 4wd
liam white
Ben Hubbard
George Fairweather
Phil Jeffries
Al Ritchie
Ben Chester
Lee Flynn
Paul Newman
Dan Newman
Steve Thurlbourne
Keith Robertson
Simon Chambers
giles bishop
Bryan Burrows
Ryan Lees
adam lewis

driver list micro
giles bishop
james cann
stuart cann

thought some of you might like to know that we have one of the mid south regionals this year so come get some practice lap times are around 25 seconds so nice big track with plenty of jumps and features to test your skills

laters Andy

Southwell
16-02-2009, 08:12 AM
Good news on the new system Andy, well done. :thumbsup:

ginger fixit
16-02-2009, 11:42 AM
hi Ian

thanks mate should be good for the future of the club

no excuse though now mate best be booking in for the week end :p

laters Andy

Southwell
16-02-2009, 12:09 PM
I can barely walk for more than 5 mins at the moment. :lol: I shall see how my foot is later in the week.

ginger fixit
16-02-2009, 04:43 PM
mate why whats happened you injured :thumbdown:

Southwell
16-02-2009, 04:54 PM
If you can call an ingrowing toenail an injury :lol: If it's not better by next week then it could be an op job, then ill be out of racing for a few weeks :thumbdown:

David Church
16-02-2009, 06:54 PM
If you can call an ingrowing toenail an injury :lol: If it's not better by next week then it could be an op job, then ill be out of racing for a few weeks :thumbdown:

You should be all healed up by now!!!! Just chop it off eh:p:D

ginger fixit
19-02-2009, 07:20 AM
heres an upto date list chaps stll loads of room

to confirm there is a burger van on site with us for the day so bring your spending money

M.K Racing will have a few spares and tyres as well with him

driver list 2wd
Andy bell
rob racey
Richard Saunders
Mr trevor follington
Kev Tombeur
Ben Hubbard
George Fairweather
Al Ritchie
Ben Chester
Lee Flynn
Paul Newman
Dan Newman
Ryan Lees
Steve Hawkins
adam lewis
Justin Hayes
Jordan Cook
Stuart Smith
Gareth Stanton

driver list 4wd
liam white
Ben Hubbard
George Fairweather
Phil Jeffries
Al Ritchie
Ben Chester
Lee Flynn
Paul Newman
Dan Newman
Steve Thurlbourne
Keith Robertson
Simon Chambers
giles bishop
Bryan Burrows
Ryan Lees
adam lewis
Mark Johnston
Justin Hayes
Gareth Stanton

driver list micro
giles bishop
james cann
stuart cann

thanks Andy :thumbsup:

Southwell
19-02-2009, 10:56 AM
Stuart Cann? Now theres a blast from the past!

StuartC
19-02-2009, 11:07 AM
Stuart Cann? Now theres a blast from the past!

Hopefully in a good way.:o:D

Yep, I'm (kinda) returning to my offroad roots.

It's weird to see the likes of Evdoka, Burton and Shaw coming back, I remember them the 1st time round.

Southwell
19-02-2009, 11:11 AM
Hopefully in a good way.:o:D

Yep, I'm (kinda) returning to my offroad roots.

It's weird to see the likes of Evdoka, Burton and Shaw coming back, I remember them the 1st time round.

Yeah it's great to see some of the old familiars coming back! Hope to see you around some of the regionals maybe this year.

JCJC
21-02-2009, 10:19 AM
thought some of you might like to know that we have one of the mid south regionals this year so come get some practice lap times are around 25 seconds so nice big track with plenty of jumps and features to test your skills

laters Andy

Andy's right, good chance to get some practice for the regional, get down to Newbury tommos. Looking forward to it always a good days racing.
(this is a sort of bump;))

showtime
21-02-2009, 01:35 PM
strangely i've actually been getting ready for this already today :o

so hopefully i wont be on the line for my first heat tomorrow & find my cars are either broken or not working like usual :rolleyes:

JCJC
21-02-2009, 02:34 PM
strangely i've actually been getting ready for this already today :o

so hopefully i wont be on the line for my first heat tomorrow & find my cars are either broken or not working like usual :rolleyes:

or not counting when they are running,

ginger fixit
23-02-2009, 01:05 PM
guys

A huge Appology from us all at newbury rc club the problems we were having with the timing kit on sunday were entirely our fault we had decided not to buy the amb coax from them cos we where being tight

Anyway it turns out its got some electronics in the box the loop connects to so we have just ordered one this will solve the issue

again im really sorry and i hope you all still come and race with us in the future

thanks Andy :cry:

ryan
23-02-2009, 01:09 PM
The counting issue aside, i had a really good days racing. I liked the track, was relatively easy and fun to drive. Once again had a good days racing indoors!

:thumbsup:

AmiSMB
23-02-2009, 01:58 PM
Well done Ryan mush! See you are going for some 8th action as well :)

ryan
23-02-2009, 03:51 PM
Just for abit of fun fribbers, i just want to beat you in all classes! :p

AmiSMB
24-02-2009, 10:46 AM
But that is not difficult to do as I am rubbish!

KRob
24-02-2009, 04:08 PM
[QUOTE=ginger fixit;211613]guys

A huge Appology from us all at newbury rc club QUOTE]

Wasn't your fault Andy.........it was Kevin's.........

(has he made it down to assistant shoe cleaner yet?)

paul01ews
24-02-2009, 07:15 PM
Well done guys ,

Thanks for making us welcome at your club for the day and don't know how you run two classes ? I was just too much for me and with my son as well to try and keep an eye to..MADNESS..

Sorry to the driver who hit my foot on the straight and left it then in two halves:cry:(the car not my foot)

Maybe see you again but were back outdoors again soon on the green stuff we love..

Paul Newman.

showtime
24-02-2009, 09:16 PM
poor old Carrots :rolleyes:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b362/showtime777/Newbury22Feb09015.jpg

rob8246
24-02-2009, 11:28 PM
Well done guys ,

Sorry to the driver who hit my foot on the straight and left it then in two halves:cry:(the car not my foot)

Paul Newman.

He's not loving my repair bill!!

LOL :thumbsup:

Southwell
03-03-2009, 09:36 AM
Well looks like im going back under the knife for my toe so ill be out for a bit longer :thumbdown: Might just have the bloody thing amputated :o

Southwell
03-03-2009, 01:13 PM
poor old Carrots :rolleyes:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b362/showtime777/Newbury22Feb09015.jpg

Looks the same as normal to me? :p

GRIFF55
03-03-2009, 01:25 PM
i was thinking the same:lol::p

StuartC
04-03-2009, 10:56 AM
Well looks like im going back under the knife for my toe so ill be out for a bit longer :thumbdown: Might just have the bloody thing amputated :o

You big sissy, I didn't let a broken leg stop me racing so get your arse to the track.

(I actually broke it at a meeting and finsihed the day, oops:blush:)

Southwell
04-03-2009, 11:44 AM
You big sissy, I didn't let a broken leg stop me racing so get your arse to the track.

(I actually broke it at a meeting and finsihed the day, oops:blush:)

Ha, i actually remember that. Wanna marshal for me? ;)

ginger fixit
04-03-2009, 11:54 AM
ian

i wouldnt worry mate we get loads of folks who dont marshal LOL:thumbsup:

ryan
04-03-2009, 12:36 PM
i was thinking the same:lol::p

It usually has no wheels left on car when rob is driving with his go hard or go home attitiude! :lol:

KRob
05-03-2009, 09:22 PM
Any date confirmed for the next Sunday meeting yet?

ginger fixit
06-03-2009, 06:58 AM
hi keith

im sorry to say mate i dont think we are going to put on any more sundays till the 28th june we dont think we will get enough drivers now the outdoor season is starting.

our normal date falls on mothers day not great for the brownie points

there are 2 more friday meets of the winter champs though :D
booking in below for round 11 ;)

http://www.gingerfixit.proboards84.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=bookingin&thread=373

laters Andy

showtime
06-03-2009, 07:49 AM
personally, i would have raced on mothers day ;)

ginger fixit
06-03-2009, 12:34 PM
personally i would have lost a testicle if i race on mothers day :thumbdown: