PDA

View Full Version : A little abut of advice.

Rustypeb
16-02-2017, 05:28 PM
I have just got and started building my new buggy a Schumacher couger k2
The build is going well so far and will set it up to stock settings first. One thing it is supplied and recommended 35wt suspension oil all around is this going to be a good start for the dirt track? Really hoping to have my first race/ setting the car up next Sunday can't wait :)
Many thanks
Russell

jcb
16-02-2017, 06:34 PM
Just read through your other post on here and I'm a bit confused which Schumacher kit you have bought?

CAT K2
Cougar KR
Cougar KF2
Cougar KD
Cougar KC

Generally I'd recommend building new kits as per the instructions and going from there, but you may want to check out the Schumacher website for setup sheets from team drivers - http://www.racing-cars.com/pcp/Car_Showroom.html

Try to copy the setup as close as possible as one setup change can lead to needing to do another.

On the side of shock oil, always buy the same brand as TLR 30wt is not the same as Schumacher 30wt

Rustypeb
16-02-2017, 06:55 PM
Thanks, I was going for the new couger D but the release date has been pushed back loads and would of probably been to advanced for me so went for the couger k2. I will just build to the manual set up and go from there. The build has been going well until I found out there isn't any dogbones/driveshafts for the back so that's going to put me back more time :/.

jcb
16-02-2017, 07:25 PM
Do you mean a Cougar KF2?

The only K2 I can find is a CAT K2 which is 4wd.

You should be able to complete the building excluding the driveshafts. That's a bit frustrating for them to not be in the box. Ring the model shop you bought it from tomorrow or even try Schumacher direct - they have pretty good customer service.

Rustypeb
17-02-2017, 08:43 AM
Started the build last night and missing parts already :/ the rear dog bones/drive shafts are missing sure there quite important.

Rustypeb
17-02-2017, 05:37 PM
Do you mean a Cougar KF2?

The only K2 I can find is a CAT K2 which is 4wd.

You should be able to complete the building excluding the driveshafts. That's a bit frustrating for them to not be in the box. Ring the model shop you bought it from tomorrow or even try Schumacher direct - they have pretty good customer service.

Not a clue how I missed this post, yeah it is the KF2 rubbish with all these names.

Yeah it was a pain it was missing a bearing too :/ got it from model hobby my closest shop and he just got the parts I needed out of anouther kit for me and is going to get them back from Schumacher helped me with a couple bits I was confused with too. Have to say so far I'm really impressed with model hobby as a shop has been very helpful.

jcb
19-02-2017, 09:48 AM
Yes I know Adam at model hobby, it was good he was able to sort you out with the parts you needed so much quickly.

Have fun with the rest of the hope build.

Can't say I know a great deal about the kf2 but it is a popular choice across the U.K.

Rustypeb
19-02-2017, 07:33 PM
Yeah he has been really useful gone well beyond what other shops would off, he said he would even check I have everything set up right for the tracks I will be running and get my esc set up as I don't have a clue with all the new technology yet.

Thanks except the missing dogbones the build was great the instructions were great and each step had just one bag which made it easy.

Yeah don't think any one runs it at this club but heard lots do around the country and have liked the Schumacher cars in the past. Can get all the spares locally which is a plus. Didn't break anything first race meeting tho so serprised by that lol.

Were you at today's meeting? Sorry just trying to learn who everyone is tho am rubbish with names so don't expect me to remember them the first few times.

Russell