PDA

View Full Version : New forum

jimmy
06-01-2007, 11:34 PM
I changed the BATLEY on road forum to a general on-road forum, and the Batley forums on here are now concentrated into a single forum for both classes.
I did already have a touring forum on here but ditched it because it wasn't popular - but I thought I would reintroduce it since I went racing tonight and had a good time.

jimmy

jimmy
07-01-2007, 04:56 PM
Quick review of the HB Cyclone S:

130 quid for a car without UJ or CVD in the front ? Broke a c-hub after 3 laps, lost a spacer when the dogbone flew out, put it all back together and didnt realise the dogbone was floating too much - kept popping in/out and ruined my nights racing.
Handled nice but the XRay T2R looks a far better value car.:o even my old Yokomo mr4tc custom had UJ's in the front, and that was only 99quid!

DCM
07-01-2007, 05:20 PM
Jim, you should try the Tamiya TA05, ok, the tyres are no good for racing, nor the shell (unless you get the NSX), but I think they are £110 in the UK, and if it copes with my driving..... only broke one part in over 18months of use, but 19t, slicks and additive, plus a very fast sweeper will mangle most cars, I sheared a kingpin.

jimmy
07-01-2007, 05:44 PM
I wasnt even going quick when the cyclone hub broke, but maybe it had a knock before which weakened it.. but the front drive shafts take the mick for 130 quid.
Not sure what the kit tyres were like as I bought some nosram things which seemed good.
will look at getting something else when I get chance / money

DCM
07-01-2007, 06:42 PM
Jim, after a recent purchase, I may have most of the bits for a TA05 for you to have a bash at, if your interested?

BenG
07-01-2007, 09:21 PM
I wasnt even going quick when the cyclone hub broke, but maybe it had a knock before which weakened it.. but the front drive shafts take the mick for 130 quid.
Not sure what the kit tyres were like as I bought some nosram things which seemed good.
will look at getting something else when I get chance / money

I thought the car looked to be going well Jim, you did a fair few laps ;)
And the shell :eh?: That was flipping awesome, best shell there last night.

Can I ask what camera lense you were using though?

I want a new one lol :D

jimmy
08-01-2007, 09:51 AM
yeah the car felt good considering ive not done anything to it and not raced a touring car for a couple of years or so. I pointed out the dogbones in the front earlier in the night, then surprise surprise that was the thing that scuppered things.

Now then, whats this TA05 you mention steve ? :)

BenG
08-01-2007, 10:33 AM
Heres a hopped up one :D

http://www.geocities.jp/freefiveten/image/car/ta05/ta05_01.jpg

Those wheels look thin though:D:D:D:D:D

super__dan
08-01-2007, 11:05 AM
You went touring car racing instead of Vintage at York???

I'm speechless :(

jimmy
08-01-2007, 11:07 AM
You don't know the history of it though dan, we were up till about half 5 saturday morning drinking! and then got out of bed about 3pm ! Would have been a bit late to york :)

DCM
08-01-2007, 12:22 PM
Now then, whats this TA05 you mention steve ? :)

Jim, let me get my package through tomorrow, and I will see what I can knock up for you, to give a blast, in stock form (dogbones on the front too).