PDA

View Full Version : Worksop - The Players '09, Entry Form ONLINE

jimmy
08-02-2009, 10:13 PM
The entry form is now online for the massive 'The Players 09' 3-day Electric Off Road event to be held next month at the respected Worksop indoor facility in Nottinghamshire, UK.

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/misc/news/playersform.jpg (http://www.oople.com/downloads/worksop/players-entryform.pdf)

Link to the PDF version of the Entry Form is HERE: http://www.oople.com/downloads/worksop/players-entryform.pdf (http://www.oople.com/forums/../downloads/worksop/players-entryform.pdf)
With a Reedy style format for the top qualifiers - live coverage by LIVERC.COM and oOple.com, along with MCDC Commentating & prizes galore - this is sure to be one of the hottest races around, certainly in Europe.

bigred5765
09-02-2009, 09:56 AM
so as i understand the race goes like this £30 per class, 3 practice, 2 rounds of quali,only the top 32 go through to the next round after 2nd qualifying??what happens to people under 32nd??

DaveG28
09-02-2009, 10:03 AM
so as i understand the race goes like this £30 per class, 3 practice, 2 rounds of quali,only the top 32 go through to the next round after 2nd qualifying??what happens to people under 32nd??

You go into the "open" section instead with more qualifiers!

£30 per class if you do both, £35 for one.

jimmy
09-02-2009, 10:10 AM
Exactly. I don't think it's worded as well as it could be - but it's quite a complex system. If you make it into the Players section you'll race the REEDY style with the other top drivers. If you're a mere moral you'll do more qualifying and race 'normal' finals, A, B, C etc...

DaveG28
09-02-2009, 10:10 AM
Who's entering then?

3 days racing to end the indoor season sounds good to me :D

PaulUpton
09-02-2009, 11:00 AM
The top 32 in each class after the first 4 rounds (best 2 from 4) will progress into the Reedy (or Players ;)) races - then 8 cars (8 car races that is) will race eachother 8 times so everyone races one another - every run is a RACE for position so should be some great racing to watch.

Everyone outside the top 32 will continue to another 4 rounds of qualifying (best 2 from 4) to determine the A,B,C etc open finals which will all be 3 legs.

Hope this makes sense :)

That is how james explained it on workshop thread,

Reading that, it sounds like 8 qualifyers and 3 finals! or 4 qualifyers and then 8 players racers if you make the top 32!

Paul

bigred5765
09-02-2009, 11:07 AM
even so it sounds like the top 32 get twice as many races as the mere mortals below 32nd place,£35 for a single class?? wow,

jimmy
09-02-2009, 11:16 AM
Hope you're not doing the neo this year carl - you'd have a fit!!! :lol:

Seriously tho - I went to Pendle and broke my car early in practice, they refused to give me any cash back. So that was 5 laps of practice for a tenner - makes 'The Players' sound insane value if you ask me. :p

_sleigh_
09-02-2009, 11:18 AM
Reading that, it sounds like 8 qualifyers and 3 finals! or 4 qualifyers and then 8 players racers if you make the top 32!

That's the way I understood it from James, when he & I talked about it at the last Worksop meeting. So the top 32 "Players" get 1 more run.

James
09-02-2009, 11:21 AM
Sorry its my fault the schedule doesnt read particularly well, i tried to condense it for the entry form but perhaps it sounds a bit confusing now. I will try to clarify below:
and PS: Players will get 1 more race than the open thats all (15 vs 14) - and both will get cool trophies & stuff :thumbsup:.
It will run like Worksop Masters, JC Clash etc - 2wd and 4wd on same days

Friday: Booking in and three rounds of timed, heat practice. Then 2 rounds of qualifying for everyone

Saturday: Two more rounds of qualifying, at which point the top 32 in each class will move into players (or reedy) races:
This means 8 car races with drivers racing eachother 8 times (so everyone races eachother -these are all races in their own right for finishing positions), there will be 3 or 4 of the players races (dependant on time).

Open drivers will have another fresh 4 rounds of qualifying to determine A,B,C etc (best 2 of 4)

Sunday: Open finals, all 3 legged. Players races - 4 or 5 (dependant on time)

Then trophies, trophy girls etc :D

bigred5765
09-02-2009, 11:24 AM
thanks for clearing it all up james,:)

njc11
09-02-2009, 11:57 AM
Sounds good.. any european/international drivers signed up for this yet?

need to see if i can get time of work!

James
09-02-2009, 11:59 AM
Current 4wd Champion Lee Martin was our first entry !

Brandon Rodhe - Kyosho USA driver and owner of LiveRC.com will be racing too :D

We're waiting on a few TOP internationals (with everything crossed :lol:)

PaulUpton
09-02-2009, 12:08 PM
entry will be going off tommorow, once i get home and get the cheque written out!!

Lee
09-02-2009, 03:35 PM

Don't hate the player, hate the game :lol:

DaveG28
09-02-2009, 04:41 PM
Just put my entry in the post :D

Any chance of posting the entry list periodically so we know they've arrived and if we're in? If in I want to get a cheapo travelidge room by booking early!!

Entry fee seems reasonable to me, if you do both classes it's only £10 a day, not unusual!

You racing Jimmy?

James
09-02-2009, 04:49 PM
Any chance of posting the entry list periodically so we know they've arrived and if we're in? If in I want to get a cheapo travelidge room by booking early!!

Yes, we'll give updates periodically :D

Oh by the way, Retford travelodge is currently £29/night, more hotel details etc on www.worksopraceway.com

jimmy
09-02-2009, 04:51 PM
You racing Jimmy?

Not sure, I think I might just be reporting on this one as i'm doing it for Racer mag as well as oOple

Kecky
09-02-2009, 04:54 PM
I booked in the Retford Markham Moor Travelodge last month, 10 miles from the track, for friday & saturday night. That was the cheapest one nearby, at £29 a night.
If i don't get in Dave, you can have that room cheap :lol:

David Church
09-02-2009, 06:54 PM
Not sure, I think I might just be reporting on this one as i'm doing it for Racer mag as well as oOple

I am not racing either as I am the official MC!!!!!
So maybe I can help you Jimmy, or you could do a bit on the mic:o:D

Kecky
09-02-2009, 08:01 PM
Entry sent via Royal 'Snail' Mail :thumbsup:

ben
10-02-2009, 10:59 AM
Just gonna go to the post box now :D

leon morrell
11-02-2009, 09:05 AM
i cant wait it will be awsome ..

we think the entry price is verry reasnoble for the scale of the meeting as we have the hall for 5 days and a massive 30ft wide bye 10ft tall rostrum to pay for aswell .. 3 days of racing for £10 per day is fair i think .

i spoke to muzzy last night and he said that there is loads of entries in at the factory and that the guys down there are dateing them as they recive them!!!!

SO GET YOUR ENTRIES SENT ASAP OR YOU MIGHT MISS OUT!!!!!!!!

there will be a massive piss up with that many people staying over for the night lol!!

i have done my entry already :)

James
11-02-2009, 08:57 PM
I am not racing either as I am the official MC!!!!!

Yep, we're looking forward to some quality MC'ing from the DC !! And a bit of comedy :lol:

Barry Williams
12-02-2009, 04:21 PM
Hi All

I'm having trouble downloading the entry form!! Any ideas??

thanks

Barry

James
12-02-2009, 04:24 PM
Hi Barry,

Try the link at the top of www.worksopraceway.com (http://www.worksopraceway.com) , failing that PM me your email address and i'll mail you over a copy as a .pdf :)

jimmy
12-02-2009, 04:26 PM
Are you able to right click on the link (under the image) and save it out? I think if you click on the link normally it will either open it up in a browser window - or ask if you want to download it (depending on which browser you have I guess).
If you don't have any type of viewer for the file you downloaded - then you need to install adobe reader http://www.adobe.com/products/reader/

Or...... I can render it into an image file which you can download and print.

Barry Williams
12-02-2009, 04:53 PM
Thanks Guys. all sorted now

Barry

leon morrell
12-02-2009, 05:59 PM
im told entries are coming in thick and fast:)

well done to all you guys who have sorted it already..:)

Mossy
12-02-2009, 09:42 PM
Dont think ill be able to get time off, bastard.

Si

ben
12-02-2009, 10:15 PM
Sent my entry off today :drool: GROOVY BABY!!!!!!

carter_213
13-02-2009, 02:41 AM
Dont think ill be able to get time off, bastard.

Si

Ther's alot of flu going round lately :yawn:

wizzykev
13-02-2009, 12:34 PM
Just posted my entry for both 2wd and 4wd. Hope I'm not to late.

DaveG28
13-02-2009, 02:03 PM
Just posted my entry for both 2wd and 4wd. Hope I'm not to late.

I hope postie doesn't f**k up too!

wizzykev
13-02-2009, 02:09 PM
I hope postie doesn't f**k up too!

I'm with you there :cry:.

Post office is a tad crappy at the moment.
We (the wife) sent a xmas card to her Nan, but the barstools returned it after crimbo, said we'd not paid enough.:mad:

carlin
13-02-2009, 04:19 PM
Whats the limit on people entering this meeting then???

Just filled mine out get it over the guys, cant wait 3days racing nice & warm for change lol......:D
Beats being outside with the weather being like it is :p

James
13-02-2009, 04:32 PM
Just keep sending them in chapsn we hadn't really set a cut-off date, we always do our best to let people race who want to ..

muzzy
14-02-2009, 01:23 PM
Also if you don't want to risk the postie losing it, bring it along to the next Worksop event next sunday in a sealed envelope along with either cash or cheque and you may give it us that way, as long as there are still spaces available as entries are starting to flood in, so pleaseeeeee don't leave it too late if you want to enter whats going to be an amazing event in the UK!!!!!!!
I'm dating entries as I receive them so its done on a first come first served basis, then we shall go through all the entries and send out confirmations so everyone knows if they have been successful or not and can plan time off work and hotels etc etc.

James
03-03-2009, 11:31 AM
Entries still available folks..

Stu
09-03-2009, 01:27 PM
Bump - ;)

Spent a bit of time looking for this, I was struggling to find the actual entry form.

Entry Form (http://www.oople.com/downloads/worksop/players-entryform.pdf)