PDA

View Full Version : Buying lower-powered motors

plenty
21-11-2017, 07:52 PM
Newcomer here. I feel like this is a silly question but have asked around and searched and not found an answer yet...

Say I'm looking to buy a motor. I race in situations where I can use the power of a 7.5t (or at least it's fun to have it), but also others where less power is preferable (tight tracks, low grip).

What's the benefit of buying a 7.5t plus say a 10.5t versus simply using the 7.5t and adjusting throttle EPA and expo via the radio, and esc settings? Which is what I've been doing so far.

dodgydiy
21-11-2017, 08:32 PM
the 10.5 will feel a lot less responsive than the 7.5. even with the end points etc. turned down, you still get the instantaneous torque with the lower wind motor. if you are 2wd then the 10.5 would probably be of benefit to you as the car will be a lot more passive, you can always mess with timing and turbo when you want more speed and the car will remain smoother. 4wd you might not notice it as much

plenty
21-11-2017, 08:40 PM
the 10.5 will feel a lot less responsive than the 7.5. even with the end points etc. turned down, you still get the instantaneous torque with the lower wind motor.
Even with expo adjusted down? Thanks for the insight.