PDA

View Full Version : Motors fitting in the X5

cutting edge
11-01-2007, 11:31 AM
I am having a bit of trouble fitting my motors in my X5 they all seem to touch the chassie on the endbell which melted a small bit of chassie sunday when my motor got well hot ( well when it throw a wind and locked up )

trying to fit a new motor today i cant get it to sit right without touching the chassie I notice most of the pics of X5's i have seen they all have V type motors in , Is this because of the normal type like i run always touch ?

Looks like i might be putting the brushless in afterall i was hoping to leave that in my XX4 as it is a nice fit in a XX4 and a bit of a squeeze in my new ride...........

Can i cut anymore of the chassie away from around the motor endbell area ??????:wtf:

millzy
11-01-2007, 12:20 PM
have you got the xxx4 or thr xx4 motor mount?

cutting edge
11-01-2007, 12:51 PM
Well compairing it to a XX4 one it must be a xxx4 Thanks i did not know there was a difference ........

Old xx4 mount now being used and the motor is just fine Cheers

This could be a good thing for X-Factory to change i thought everything was to close to the chassie when i melted it slightly with the motor mount supplyed in the complete X5 Car kit

Chrislong
11-01-2007, 01:37 PM
Yeh, use the old XX4 kit mount. The X-5 is designed to have a low motor position with the original mount, so it can't use any of the lowered mounts.

I think the new XX4 comes with a lowered mount compared to what we need. But it can be filled/dremeled so the motor can be twisted in the mount before tightening it.... I have done that before.

YoungChazz
11-01-2007, 05:04 PM
The original xx-4 not lowered motor mount is for sale on www.4wdrc.com .