PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed

muay30
24-02-2009, 12:33 PM
:confused: Im wanting to get into both indoor electric racing and outdoor nitro/electric racing. It may sound a silly question but how do i get into it. I know that you can go to local racing club meets but they are mainly at night and i work pretty much every week night. Any advice would be greatly appriciated. Ive got some cars all waiting to race. Thanks in advance:thumbsup:

sosidge
24-02-2009, 12:49 PM
:confused: Im wanting to get into both indoor electric racing and outdoor nitro/electric racing. It may sound a silly question but how do i get into it. I know that you can go to local racing club meets but they are mainly at night and i work pretty much every week night. Any advice would be greatly appriciated. Ive got some cars all waiting to race. Thanks in advance:thumbsup:

Try and find a club that runs at weekends!

Undoubtedly going to club meetings is the best way of getting into the hobby. You can try going to regional/national meetings instead but entry is a lot more difficult and the standard is higher so not an ideal place to learn the ropes. Or you can try and find one of the (few) tracks that are open for practice - even if you can't make a race meeting, you can get some track time.

muay30
24-02-2009, 01:32 PM
Thanks for that advice mate. Id love to get some some track time. You dont happen to know of any tracks near or around the sheffield area do you? I dont even mind travelling a little.

sosidge
24-02-2009, 02:09 PM
www.brca.org does have a list of affiliated clubs, although it is not always 100% accurate (some clubs are listed which have not run in ages, others are not on there).

I know that there is a club that runs at the Don Valley stadium for touring cars, they run a big winter series there that I have been to in the past, others will know that area better than me.

muay30
24-02-2009, 03:01 PM
Thanks again mate. There is a racing club at don vally only downside to that is that i starts at 6.30 till 9.30 and i wouldnt be able to get there till 8.30 due to working so that rules that one out :( Shame because its only 10 min from my house. I think theres one at stocksbridge on a sunday so im gonna look into it. If you or anyone hear of anymoe in the area please let me know. Cheers

Robfo
24-02-2009, 03:12 PM
Don Valley is fine for a beginners club but not much else tbh. Worksops Winter series is one of the best in the country so it would be worth you popping along to that to have a look, you just missed a round (it was on sunday) but the next one is on the 22nd of March.
Stocksbridge is a great little club with very friendly members and organisation, an ideal start.
Also there is Chesterfield on every Sat night http://www.carsrcracing.co.uk/ racing is 10th Touring Cars and 12th scale.
Doncaster is quite close to Sheffield and its another friendly club, racing is fridays with Touring Cars http://www.touringcars.org.uk/.
Abit more further afield is Broxtowe that does Touring Cars and Buggys http://www.broxtowemcc.org.uk/ on Sat nights.

Hope that helps. :thumbsup:

muay30
24-02-2009, 03:19 PM
Thanks ever so much for all your help guys, ill look into them. Hopefully be able to find one. Thanks again:thumbsup: