PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know what this speedo is?? please help

Colinevan
14-01-2007, 06:36 PM
Im gonna have a go at running a brushed speedo in my zx-5. I'm going to post another topic up elsewhere as my brushless doenst seem to want to brake enough.

I have this speedo which i purchased along with a yokomo buggy 12 months ago on ebay. It came paired with a 12t motor so i know it will handle reasonable power. Before i go out and buy a new speedo and checkpoint 9/10 turn motor, id like to know what speedo i have and whether it will be good enough for a low turn motor. If its allright i may even keep it and just buy a motor.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Col.

Richard Lowe
14-01-2007, 06:46 PM
It's an Mtroniks Pro Digi, Checkpoint 9/10 will be a bit much for it in 4wd :yawn:

Colinevan
14-01-2007, 06:49 PM
That was quick richard lol.

What do you think this unit could safely handle??

I'll prob keep it anyways.

Are they ok as a speedo goes?

Thanks.

Richard Lowe
14-01-2007, 07:34 PM
The Pro Digi was very good in it's time, in 2wd you'll be able to put anything you like in. Anything quick (10 turn or quicker) in a 4wd with modern cells it will probably release the magic blue smoke :D

super__dan
14-01-2007, 10:17 PM
I used to use of these in my first year of nationals and it never let me down, used 10t though the case rund the fets melted.

The trouble is you can't tell which pro digi it is and there were a few, the 'max' being the best with no motor limit. If it said 12t then with todays high voltage cells, I wouldn't got past a 12t.

Colinevan
15-01-2007, 06:53 PM
Ah great, its better than i thought then. I literally won it on ebay with an old yokomo buggy - about 3 years old was the car, cells, 12t motor and tons of spares. It used to belong to a guy that used to race at Bury but had given up.

Thanks for your help guys.

Col.