PDA

View Full Version : Vintage servo and modern receiver problem

daz75
21-10-2018, 07:52 PM
Just tried putting a 2.4ghz receiver into my Losi XX and the servo is making a real racket. I've tried to change the end points and it's made no difference. It also seems to be sticking in certain directions. Any ideas why it's like this?

CHEVY
21-10-2018, 08:21 PM
If servo is anolog and not digital could be problem

Heard this problem before using vintage and new gear together

KRob
22-10-2018, 09:54 AM
The problems I've had with a couple of older servos has been down to the latency speed of modern radios. They can't handle the speed the modern radios work at.
They were KO servos and would buzz loudly and start getting hot. Didn't have them sticking though so it may not be the same thing.
Are you able to alter the speed of your radio?
I use a Sanwa Exzes Z and you can adjust it, and that fixed the problem I had.

daz75
22-10-2018, 10:28 AM
The problems I've had with a couple of older servos has been down to the latency speed of modern radios. They can't handle the speed the modern radios work at.
They were KO servos and would buzz loudly and start getting hot. Didn't have them sticking though so it may not be the same thing.
Are you able to alter the speed of your radio?
I use a Sanwa Exzes Z and you can adjust it, and that fixed the problem I had.

Thanks both

I've got a ZZ which setting do you mean I've not used it much and there are about a million on it :lol:

I do have a spare standard sized modern servo any know if they will fit?

KRob
22-10-2018, 01:08 PM
You're not alone in not fully understanding those transmitters!

Check out P30 of the ZZ manual.
Specifies NOR setting for Ch1 when binding. This is what you should use for an older (analogue) servo.

daz75
22-10-2018, 01:51 PM
You're not alone in not fully understanding those transmitters!

Check out P30 of the ZZ manual.
Specifies NOR setting for Ch1 when binding. This is what you should use for an older (analogue) servo.

Cool thanks :thumbsup: