PDA

View Full Version : FORCC Red Nose Day Race Meeting

Hairy Spider
06-03-2009, 08:28 PM
As most of you will know by now, we will be hosting a meeting in aid of Comic Relief on March the 18th. For more details head over to the club's website at www.forcc.co.uk (http://www.forcc.co.uk). It was going to be an endurance event but not being able to get the hall on a Sunday scuppered that idea so we've switched to a mini heats & finals event on the normal wednesday club night instead. We need to get going early so please arrive by 7pm if possible for a prompt 7:30 start.

See you there and don't forget to 'Nose Up' for the event ;)

Cheers,
Jon.

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~cactusjp/forcc2008/welcome/rnd2.png

raaccyyyyy lllaaddyyyy
19-03-2009, 08:18 AM
Just wanted to say how much FUN!!! last night was and well done to everyone for raising £250 for Comic Relief from your generous donations and the haggling for price over cups of tea and the cake!!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Nice to see plenty of Red Noses flying around.....and a few flying off!!!!

Glad i decided to help with the tea coz the track was MENTAL :woot:(thanks to everyone (ED!!) adding their own bits!) but everyone had a massive smile on their faces, good fast track building skills to Dave yet again!! :D
x

jex
19-03-2009, 07:55 PM
indeed it was a good nights fun and that *ahem* homemade cake *cough* was top stuff cake fairy :)

Hairy Spider
19-03-2009, 08:04 PM
Hello all,

I just wanted to thanks to everybody that put their hands in their pockets last night and gave so generously at the RND event. Thanks also to everybody that pitched in in one form or another during the evening. When I first had the idea a few weeks weeks ago to do something for Comic Relief I thought that if we could get near 3 figures we would have done pretty well. As you all know we did much better than that and took £250 on the night. I paid that in today via the RND web site and you can see the total here (http://www.myrednoseday.com/TeamPage.aspx?teamID=40202&LangPref=en-CA). With gift aid added, that total goes up to around £320 which is not to be sniffed at all so well done everybody :thumbsup:

I'd also like to say thanks to Mark for the loan of the Kent Rallycross AMB decoder. I think we've sorted the issues with ours now but with the insane time scales we were running last night we couldn't really afford any hiccups. Borrowing their's helped the evening run smoothly so thanks again for the loan.

Roll on Red Nose Day 2011 when we can plan for something bigger and better :thumbsup:. It was a spur of the moment thing this year so with a bit of planning who knows what we could achieve :woot:

Cheers,
Jon.

Minster68
19-03-2009, 08:32 PM
I couldn't have put it better on the track last night, MENTAL just summed it up perfectly.. Great track, took a while to get to grips with, but was great fun.. Only gutted I let that Tractor Boy beat me in the final..:p

The cakes were lovely, and well done to the Cake Fairy for keeping both them and the coffee flowing..:D

Cakes and coffee have a very calming influence..:)

Great evening, looking forward to the next one..

raaccyyyyy lllaaddyyyy
20-03-2009, 08:49 AM
indeed it was a good nights fun and that *ahem* homemade cake *cough* was top stuff cake fairy :)

:blush::p

raaccyyyyy lllaaddyyyy
20-03-2009, 08:51 AM
Cakes and coffee have a very calming influence..:)

Glad to help with that Red Mist Gordon!!! x