07-03-2009, 04:59 PM
Just got back from track building, should be nice and flowing :thumbsup:

http://www.oople.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=265&pictureid=1456

http://www.oople.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=265&pictureid=1457

http://www.oople.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=265&pictureid=1458

http://www.oople.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=265&pictureid=1459

Spencer Mulcahy
07-03-2009, 06:11 PM
Cheers for the pics Rich looks good looking foreward to it now. Running both cars so it will be a busy day for me.:thumbsup:

woOdy
07-03-2009, 07:19 PM
I am not bookd in so does anyone think I will be able to turn up and book in? What time does doors open?

Richard Lowe
07-03-2009, 07:30 PM
Should be fine Woody, I think there's around 35 2wd and 55 4wd entries.

Doors open at 7 :o

woOdy
07-03-2009, 07:31 PM
Should be fine Woody, I think there's around 35 2wd and 55 4wd entries.

Thanks mate. see u there then.

Northy
07-03-2009, 07:39 PM

Why? :confused::confused:

chris68nufc
07-03-2009, 07:40 PM
Doors open at 7??

What time does practice start etc. Dont fancy getting up too early.

Spencer Mulcahy
07-03-2009, 07:50 PM
I thought doors opened at 8 I am droping the wife off at work at 7 so I may be late.

chris68nufc
07-03-2009, 07:52 PM
Really shouldnt post this,but the track seems to be car friendly. I bet im the 1st to break mine!!
First time in ages there has been a track without a major jump etc. Im sure it has been built like that on purpose without a major feature??

Chequered Flag Racing
07-03-2009, 09:44 PM
Really shouldnt post this,but the track seems to be car friendly. I bet im the 1st to break mine!!

wall @ the end of straight may catch a few out :o

Richard Lowe
08-03-2009, 12:10 AM
First time in ages there has been a track without a major jump etc. Im sure it has been built like that on purpose without a major feature??
We don't really have enough materials at the moment to build a really big jump, also there was only about 5 of us and we only had 2 hours to build everything, we've tried to keep it open and raceable ;)

ch!3f
08-03-2009, 07:24 PM
hi im inerested in starting to race at the club but need to now more info.
I.E. what days you run your meetings,haw to book in etc...
also the location when you run indoors.
can you pleasde let me know cheers ian:)

Cockerill
08-03-2009, 10:26 PM
I really enjoyed today, thanks to everyone who put the event on/built the track :thumbsup:

Richard Lowe
08-03-2009, 11:26 PM
Thanks to the few who stayed at the end to put the track away, the help is much appreciated. Especially Peter from Castle Models and Arslaan who wasn't even racing, thanks guys :)

The BJ4 was absolute magic today, can't wait for the supercup :thumbsup:

hi im inerested in starting to race at the club but need to now more info.
I.E. what days you run your meetings,haw to book in etc...
also the location when you run indoors.
can you pleasde let me know cheers ian:)
Hi Ian :)

Meetings run on Sundays, though we haven't got too many meetings in this year with the very busy regional/national calender. For club meetings you can book in on the day no problem, try to have at least two crystals (or 2.4Ghz) if possible. Maps to the indoor and outdoor venue can be found on the Batley website - here (http://www.batleybuggyclub.co.uk/maps.html).

The annual 'Supercup' meeting is taking place next all day Sunday at the indoor venue, some of the best drivers in the country/europe will be attending so you'll see racing at it's best. Come down and say hello!

Rich

ch!3f
08-03-2009, 11:33 PM
ye thats great cheers.

i run 2.4ghz so no problems there.i found the maps earlier when i found the link.
mite pop down then have you got any race meetings at end of this mth or start of next?

cheers ian

Oscar
09-03-2009, 09:39 AM
Sorry, I have not had the facility to update the website recently. I have managed to make some changes today, and will upload future dates as soon as possible;)

Northy
09-03-2009, 10:40 AM
Thought the track yesterday was very good, nice to have something different :D:D

More of the same next Sunday please :thumbsup:

G

Shifta
09-03-2009, 07:21 PM
I really enjoyed the track yesterday too :D
Was a good meeting, only downside was the transponder problems :thumbdown:
But still managed 5 rounds of qualifying!! loads of track time for your money :thumbsup:
Wish I'd booked in for the Supercup now!

Mike Hudson
09-03-2009, 07:32 PM
I really enjoyed the track yesterday too :D
Was a good meeting, only downside was the transponder problems :thumbdown:
But still managed 5 rounds of qualifying!! loads of track time for your money :thumbsup:
Wish I'd booked in for the Supercup now!

Might still be a few places left Jeff ;) I heard quite a few people cancelled their entry on sunday during the regional

Chequered Flag Racing
09-03-2009, 07:33 PM
Big Shout for Gregg after having his car wiped out by young gun Hudson :thumbdown: before the 2wd Final got under way.

Used a borrowed B4 from Jeff Steele http://www.oople.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif (did he use your tranny?), I think and finished 4th in final

well done Gregg :thumbsup:

Shifta
09-03-2009, 07:43 PM
Yeah he used my tranny and I'd just run in the B final with same cells!
The thing is I thought the car was a dog all day then Gregg got his hands on it and it looked Planted!! after getting tangled on the first corner he pulled his way back to 4th and pushing hard for 3rd :thumbsup: an unlucky last lap or two cost him a couple of places I think.
Still.. Well done Gregg

Mike Hudson
09-03-2009, 07:58 PM
:blush::cry::( sorry Gregg, I did apologise! Someone went past me pretty quick and with 3 or 4 people standing just infront of the straight by the matts I couldn't/didn't even see Greggs car was there and no-one had said they were lining up on the grid at that time as i've almost always heard someone shout or say lining up on the grids at every other meeting so people know not carry speed onto the straight!:cry::(

Big :thumbsup: to Mr Cockerill for offering up his car to Gregg which he kindly turned down!

Thankfully by looks of things my awful mistake didn't make a difference to him performing brilliantly as he has done through the whole regional series!

Thanks to batley club for running a really nice track and meeting, looking forward to the supercup now! :)

chris68nufc
09-03-2009, 08:02 PM
Echo comments. Excellent track and with 5 rounds of qualifiying was good value for money. Well done Jeff for A final appearance. Your car looked good. What you driving??

timmy121
09-03-2009, 08:35 PM
yeah i think greg was 5th
i think it went
rich lowe
tom
steve
me
greg
then i don't know
but well done greg after a bad start to
came flying past me half way thought the race

Mike Hudson
09-03-2009, 08:40 PM
i was 6th :o:) i couldn't drive after what had happened :cry::blush: I was wearing a hat in my mind that said 'I'm a COCK!' on it for the race!

Barry Williams
10-03-2009, 10:49 PM
Huuuuuuuuge thanks to Jeff for the loan of the car on Sunday,your car looked great & also thanks to Tom Cockerill for the offer as well.
Mike dont worry about it, things like that happen, just a bit unfortunate thats all.
Well done to all at Batley, seemed one of their best tracks in my eyes, Also well dont to Gary Waller for winning his first veterans trophy!!!!!!!!! well done old man, welcome to the club ;)

bigred5765
11-03-2009, 12:54 PM
still cant believe he beat shane to win vets lmao,:)

gazbaz2
11-03-2009, 04:15 PM
Yeah thanks barry, (i think) i woulda got away with it if it wasnt for you pesky kids, sorry i mean Barry, lol

footey
11-03-2009, 04:38 PM
carl im close but obviously GARRY is closer ;)

bigred5765
11-03-2009, 06:12 PM
lol knew you'd reply lol:)

braddaz
11-03-2009, 08:20 PM
hi took some photos from sunday , sorry if bit poor was on my phone camera
looked a good meeting shame was not racing though
hoping to get a car sorted very soon just dont know which one :confused:

JJ The Boat Wizzard
11-03-2009, 10:13 PM
i was 6th :o:) i couldn't drive after what had happened :cry::blush: I was wearing a hat in my mind that said 'I'm a COCK!' on it for the race!

Lol. Good Track , Few Packs Of Cells Exploded :S Im Not Sitting Near That Door Again With Every One Running Down With Smoking Cells Trying To Chuck THem Out Of The Door LOL , I Dont Think There Was Alot Of Breakages Tho Apart From The 2WD A Final ;)

See You All At The Super Cup!

John M Walton

N7ELA
12-03-2009, 01:04 AM
Lol. Good Track , Few Packs Of Cells Exploded :S Im Not Sitting Near That Door Again With Every One Running Down With Smoking Cells Trying To Chuck THem Out Of The Door LOL , I Dont Think There Was Alot Of Breakages Tho Apart From The 2WD A Final ;)

See You All At The Super Cup!

John M Walton

One pack was mine and they just fizzed a bit. Explosion didn't come til 4th round when you got on the rostrum near me and started arguing mid race with another driver. Shouting and balling obscenities at eachother... Was quite distracting. Especially saying as nothing happened at the end of the race... :mad:

JJ The Boat Wizzard
12-03-2009, 12:33 PM
Lol You Sure That Wasn't John Walton There's 2 Of Us , im john M Walton:thumbsup:

One pack was mine and they just fizzed a bit. Explosion didn't come til 4th round when you got on the rostrum near me and started arguing mid race with another driver. Shouting and balling obscenities at eachother... Was quite distracting. Especially saying as nothing happened at the end of the race... :mad:

footey
12-03-2009, 12:36 PM
it was john walton i belive