PDA

View Full Version : Brushless Motor and esc setup

kfcaddict
21-01-2007, 11:41 AM
Hi, just got a ZX-5 and I was wondering what setup would be the best for the Bury and Batley tracks :confused: I was thinking about getting a Mamba Max ESC and waiting until after April to get a brushless sintered motor possibly from Novak or just get hold of a 6.5 GTB and use it with the Mamba now. Also I was wondering what pinion gear would be best to use with the setup. Any advise? Thanks.

sosidge
21-01-2007, 11:54 AM
I'm curious to know why you want to combine a Mamba ESC with a Novak motor? I would go all Novak if you are going to use a Novak motor, the system seems pretty fast and driveable in a 4wd buggy from what I have seen of other local racers cars. They have gone down as low as a 4.5 but I think that is a shade overkill, 5.5 or even 6.5 is maybe a better all-rounder.

kfcaddict
21-01-2007, 12:11 PM
Thanks for your reply. I was after the Mamba Max ESC because I believe you can hook it up to the PC via the USB port and play around with it. I also read that its the best ESC available atm and would run any of the current brushless motors, thats really the main reason I was looking at mixing the brands. Yes I was looking at the Novak 5.5 or 6.5 system to put in it or the LRP Sphere 3star but read that BRCA were making the sintered rotor legal after April which would improve the performance of the brushless motor. Thats what made me think about waiting a bit longer until purchasing something. I currently just have an Mtroniks v2 17x2 Big Lix motor and an Mtroniks Viper RV15 ESC. The ZX-5 with hop ups is on order from USA.

sosidge
21-01-2007, 02:06 PM
Mamba is a sensorless controller, Novak is a sensored motor. Although I think the Mamba will run the Novak motor it will only run it in sensorless mode. Not sure if there is any real point to this.

You can't really compare the Mamba to the Novak ESC, they are not from the same family of products.