PDA

View Full Version : BBC F1

telboy
12-03-2009, 10:30 PM
Did anyone see the Ad for the BBC F1?

Not that good for an Ad BUT!!!...........THE MUSIC IS BACK!!:thumbsup:

By the looks of it, they are bringing the fleetwood mac's 'The chain' GP theme back!

EXCELLENT!!!

Can't wait for the 29th now.
Plus they're showing all of the practice sessions on the bbc interactive channel!!
Cool.

budgio
12-03-2009, 10:48 PM
Now that its back on the beeb will the races be broadcast in HD?

wacattack
12-03-2009, 11:14 PM
IrNDWN0JcAw

Southwell
12-03-2009, 11:17 PM
Now that its back on the beeb will the races be broadcast in HD?

No :mad:

Garry Driffill
12-03-2009, 11:47 PM
That supprises me...

Southwell
13-03-2009, 08:01 AM
That supprises me...

The first excuse i heard was the in car cameras arn't HD so they wanted to keep the same quality throughout the entire show, but ive seen HD footage in car before so whether that is all bs i don't know.

Lee
13-03-2009, 12:24 PM
I think after winning the contract back from ITV, they probably dont have the budget for the amount of HD cameras needed for a GP :thumbsup:

jono83
13-03-2009, 12:27 PM
i am so glad its back on the bbc because i hate the adverts that were on when itv had it

Northy
13-03-2009, 12:32 PM
Who's got a bet on Button/Brawn? :confused: :)

G

telboy
13-03-2009, 12:48 PM
Well....

Its looking good for them so far.
Only just got the car running and they're up there on the testing sheets.

Could be worth a quid or two on producing a win at some point.:thumbsup:

Southwell
13-03-2009, 12:57 PM
I think after winning the contract back from ITV, they probably dont have the budget for the amount of HD cameras needed for a GP :thumbsup:

I heard it was being filmed in HD. :confused::thumbdown:

losixxx
13-03-2009, 02:24 PM
apparently it was being filmed in HD since 2007!

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2007/05/13/f1-will-get-hd-coverage-this-year/

Benh
13-03-2009, 03:21 PM

I may stand corrected. But I don't think ITV nor BBC supply the cameras, nor directors. FIA supply the feed.

What I would like to see is all camera feeds go to each broadcasting company, they then have their own trackside director. That way each country can be as biased/ unbiased as they want to be on their driver coverage.

I may be alone, but I felt it was biased as on a few occassions in 2008. Hamilton would be in a tussle for position, or driving with class and they would focus on say..... a Ferrari, or a.........Ferrari. But then maybe I am biased in my viewpoint? Either way it's hard for the commentators as they don't really know what's up on screen next.

Southwell
13-03-2009, 03:29 PM
I may stand corrected. But I don't think ITV nor BBC supply the cameras, nor directors. FIA supply the feed.

What I would like to see is all camera feeds go to each broadcasting company, they then have their own trackside director. That way each country can be as biased/ unbiased as they want to be on their driver coverage.

Of corse that would be very cheap. :lol:

I don't think the directors do too bad a job tbh, there are occasions where they look at someone completely irrelevant to the race, but normally it's fairly good coverage.

millzy
13-03-2009, 03:45 PM
less they show of lewis the better

unless its him messing up lol

Spoolio
13-03-2009, 05:03 PM
Did anyone see the Ad for the BBC F1?

Not that good for an Ad BUT!!!...........THE MUSIC IS BACK!!:thumbsup:

By the looks of it, they are bringing the fleetwood mac's 'The chain' GP theme back!

EXCELLENT!!!

Saw the ad t'other night and thought :thumbdown: especially the naff cars that presumably some trendy-Wendy at the Beeb thinks will fool us are real F1 cars. I hope the actual programme is better. HOWEVER, right at the end they gave us a teaser of The Chain and I forgave everything :thumbsup:

R1 mini
13-03-2009, 06:00 PM
should be more competitive this season

R1 mini
13-03-2009, 06:02 PM

all you have produced is the likes of robbie savage-say no more!!:blush:

telboy
13-03-2009, 08:25 PM
I don't think that the directors do too bad a job really. Apart from when ITV decide to put ads on 3 laps from the end.

I mean, they have 20-24 cars (dependong on entry) and they are only able to focus on one particular battle at any one time. Cant be an easy job.

Millzy, although I'm a Hamilton fan, I do hope that they focus less on him this year. It did get a bit over the top last year. But I have a feeling that Mclaren aren't going to be at the front this year, going on testing times...unless they're sandbagging and leading the others into a false sens of security.
But IF the mclaren isnt that good, it'll give us a good idea of really how good Hamilton is. Remember, Senna used to make a crap car competetive.

Benh
13-03-2009, 08:25 PM

I notice quite a bit of Lewis bashing. I don't get it.

Yes I understand the usual from our border sharing cousins, but that's expected. We do the same, although much credit to the Giggs and Murray they are both genius. Having said that Zeta too. Anyway, back on the planet..... I don't get the animosity I hear from others. Have I missed something, has he said something, done something. I am not saying anyone is wrong - I just don't know why? I think he's the best thing to have happened to F1. Made it interesting again.

JohnM
14-03-2009, 11:15 AM
I notice quite a bit of Lewis bashing. I don't get it.

Yes I understand the usual from our border sharing cousins, but that's expected. We do the same, although much credit to the Giggs and Murray they are both genius. Having said that Zeta too. Anyway, back on the planet..... I don't get the animosity I hear from others. Have I missed something, has he said something, done something. I am not saying anyone is wrong - I just don't know why? I think he's the best thing to have happened to F1. Made it interesting again.

Ben me old mate, I think in the first year, the Lewis bashing started thanks to ITV, who made it sound like there wasn't anyone else good in F1, people get fed up with anything thats over hyped, and thats what they did to Lewis.

Then last year the bashing got heavier, due to some of the things that come out of Lewis' own mouth, like in France, when he had the 10 place grid drop, he said that anyone can win from the front, but only a legend comes from the back, and what did he do in the race? sweet F all.

Another race, he said that nobody overtakes me round the outside, what did somebody do in that very race?

The boy is good, very good, but Schumacher he ain't yet, or probably ever will be.

bodgit
14-03-2009, 11:24 AM
even shoei took time to get good but he was a cheating bast**d I,ll never forgive for hitting Hill in 1995 that was the lowest thing he did
best thing he did was arse end coultard in the rain

telboy
14-03-2009, 04:19 PM
Lets not get into the usual topic of Hamilton and how good or bad he is. We've heard it all before.

Hmmm, Barrichello was fastest in the latest test in the Brawn. Looking good for them.
Hamilton has admitted that the Mclaren isn't good. Lots of work to do for them. Dennis has said that he doubts they will challenge for wins this year and Massa is shocked that Mclaren is so slow.

Other than that, BMW, Toyota, Red Bull and williams are looking good. Ferrari was slow in the last test too though.

Gonna be a good year me thinks.:thumbsup:

Chris Doughty
14-03-2009, 04:24 PM
Go Jenson!

Alfonzo
14-03-2009, 06:08 PM
I am VERY excited about this upcoming F1 season, and the ol' Fleetwood Mac tune is the icing on the cake! So long as BMW win F all I'll be happy.

Northy
14-03-2009, 07:08 PM
So who's got a bet on JB and Brawn GP then? ;)

G

bert digler
14-03-2009, 08:07 PM
So who's got a bet on JB and Brawn GP then? ;)

G

bit early but honda had the car under development since mid last season bet mclaren have asked a few favours via mercedes;)

telboy
15-03-2009, 10:56 PM
Barrichello fastest again!!!

Think I might dig into the old money box and do what G said and put a bet on!:o

terry.sc
15-03-2009, 11:33 PM
You should have got a bet on at the beginning of the week then you could get 66/1 for JB to win in Australia:thumbsup:. Right now he's favourite at the bookies at 5/2 :woot:

_JP_
15-03-2009, 11:55 PM
its about time we were able to choose cameras to watch and have a main "TV" camera.

Wasn't there an F1 channel a few years ago, or am I dreaming again?

How long have BBC got the contract for now?

Northy
16-03-2009, 02:29 PM
Barrichello fastest again!!!

Think I might dig into the old money box and do what G said and put a bet on!:o

But you won't get the odds I did ;)

G

millzy
16-03-2009, 02:33 PM
be nice to see some one else win for a change

and giving the shit those two have put up with

telboy
16-03-2009, 07:31 PM
its about time we were able to choose cameras to watch and have a main "TV" camera.

Wasn't there an F1 channel a few years ago, or am I dreaming again?

How long have BBC got the contract for now?

Yep, F1TV quite a while ago actually. I bet it was 10yr ago. It was on sky....but it was a bit crap. £12 for a GP weekend viewing, but you always just ended up watching the 'main' program as there was no comentary on the on board camera stuff...and I'm a big fan of on board stuff.

Looks like I'm a bit late to put a bet on then.

Bugger!:( I always miss the boat!

terry.sc
16-03-2009, 09:27 PM
It was F1 Digital+ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F1_Digital_%2B) and didn't exactly appeal at £12 per race plus your Sky subscription, when you could watch it for free on ITV.

As for the new coverage, expect extras on the red button with BBCi. Nothing absolutely definite yet, but expect a choice of the BBC or Radio 5 Live commentary or no commentary, an onboard channel, live timing and a race highlights channel. Free practice should also be available on the red button and online as well.

Northy
16-03-2009, 09:30 PM
Interestingly the 'Red button' is a load of BS. It is just more digital channels and marketed in such a way that we feel in control and special.....:D Clever eh?

G

RogerM
17-03-2009, 12:30 PM
If it means that I can watch every session where I don't have to be at work then I don't care what "Red Button" is!!!!!

Can't wait

Nick Goodall
17-03-2009, 01:57 PM
I would be VERY surprised if Mclaren aren't there/thereabouts come Australia, none of the teams ever show their real promise in testing.

The Brawn GP team are obviously reasonably quick, but remember they're dying for sponsorship so will be going all out to prove their pace with light fuel loads, high downforce - anything that can help the car be quick over a single lap or so.

I'm not saying their pace isn't genuine, but they won't be faster then everyone else at the first race, no way :D I hope they do well though, i know Lloyd Story works there and he said it was pretty bad over the last few months so it's those guys i feel for, as for Jenson I think he's an ar$e - all i've ever heard him do is moan about the car and how he would do so much better in another one. He chose money to go to Honda / BAR so only has himself to blame.

Lee
17-03-2009, 01:57 PM
Just heard that the Champion will be decided by number of race wins and points will be used in a tie break situation.

Interesting, but im not sure if its any better :eh?:

Nick Goodall
17-03-2009, 01:58 PM
Just heard that the Champion will be decided by number of race wins and points will be used in a tie break situation.

Interesting, but im not sure if its any better :eh?:

I think that was just a proposal they thought of but hasn't gone through for this season, i'm 99% sure anyway......... that would suck big time!

Lee
17-03-2009, 01:59 PM
Its just been on sky sports news Nick as breaking news :)

millzy
17-03-2009, 02:21 PM
yep jsut had it on in work

crazy

Chris Doughty
17-03-2009, 02:29 PM
thats retarded, the season could be over by just over the half-way point!!??

timmy121
17-03-2009, 02:40 PM
looking forward to this season, go button:thumbsup:

but that most wins thing sound's a right crock of s**t

millzy
17-03-2009, 02:42 PM
every car as a go button

timmy121
17-03-2009, 02:45 PM
yep jsut had it on in work

crazy

and everybody has a spell check. he he:D

millzy
17-03-2009, 02:48 PM
and everybody has a spell check. he he:D

but only i cant be fucked ot use it

bodgit
17-03-2009, 03:37 PM
This rule has got to be kicked out. Its made for ferrari who dont have the best reliability
driver a wins 9 races at random but fails to finish any other races =90pts
driver b wins 6 races = 60 points then comes 2nd in 3 races =24pts
he comes 5th in 4 races =16pts and fails to finish the rest = 100pts surley driver b has won the championship for being the more consistant driver.
as mention in an earlier post the season could be over after 9 races then will the sponsers still see F1 as a good investment when they realise that just maybe millions of viewers worldwide wont be bothered to watch the rest of the races as they will have become no more than a sunday church outing.. Would any team care about the rest of the season or more likely put all their efforts into next years cars Why waste money on lost cause if theres nothing to race for

i4n
17-03-2009, 06:15 PM
It is only for the drivers championship, not the constructors so even if a driver does win the championship early in the season, the teams will still be racing to win their championship (as that will only depend on points).

That said though - I still think Bernie is trying to find ways for Ferrari to win everything and McLaren/Brawn/William et al to win nothing and the idea is one of the most stupid things I have ever heard.

I like this idea - 1st place scores 1 point, 2nd 2 etc through the grid down to 20 points for last place. The winner is the person/team with the lowest points score at the end of the season. I think that would encourage racing and overtaking (especially after a spin or a bad qualifying). PErhaps I should send that off to the FIA...

telboy
17-03-2009, 08:41 PM
I think that the new system is a big pile of poo.
its all because he couldn't get his 'medal' system through the door, so has come up with an equally crap idea.

I see the point of making people race for wins rather than just being consistent and settling for second, thus robbing us of what could be a good race for the lead. But if thats how a driver wants to race then thats his decision.

But there are better ways of giving drivers an incentive to win. Why not just have 12 points for a win instead of 10? that way theres a bigger reason to go for a win, and build on your lead.

I'm surprised the teams voted for it to go ahead really....or did they just ask Ferrari?

bodgit
17-03-2009, 09:09 PM
Quoted from MSN.co.uk

Whilst the Formula One Teams’ Association (FOTA) had proposed a new 12-9-7-5-4-3-2-1 points system and Formula One Management (FOM) chief executive Bernie Ecclestone favoured an Olympic Games-style provision of medals to the top three finishers in each grand prix, the sport’s governing body has ultimately elected to retain the current format – with a twist.

‘The WMSC accepted the proposal from Formula One Management to award the drivers’ championship to the driver who has won the most races during the season,’ read an official statement issued following today’s reunion of the World Motor Sport Council in Paris.

‘If two or more drivers finish the season with the same number of wins, the title will be awarded to the driver with the most points, the allocation of points being based on the current 10, 8, 6 etc. system.

‘The rest of the standings, from second to last place, will be decided by the current points system. There is no provision to award medals for first, second or third place. The constructors’ championship is unaffected.

‘The WMSC rejected the alternative proposal from the Formula One Teams’ Association to change the points awarded to drivers finishing in first, second and third place to 12, 9 and 7 points respectively.’

Had such a format been in place in 2008, it would have meant that Ferrari ace Felipe Massa rather than McLaren-Mercedes star Lewis Hamilton lifted the laurels at season’s end, by dint of six triumphs to five, even though the Brazilian scored one point less than his British rival in the final reckoning.

The new system could, however, remove much of the suspense of the title chase later on in proceedings, should one driver be uncatchable in terms of race victories as the campaign nears its conclusion.

In terms of testing, meanwhile, in news that will come as a boost to those bidding to graduate to the top flight it was decided that teams can henceforth conduct three one-day young driver training tests between the last race on the schedule and the end of the calendar year.

Drivers will be eligible only if they have not competed in more than two world championship events in the preceding 24 months or tested an F1 car on more than four days over the same 24-month period.

Teams can also now carry out eight one-day aerodynamic tests on FIA-approved straight-line or constant radius sites between 1 January, 2009 and the final grand prix of the campaign, mitigating to some extent the new in-season testing ban introduced this year.

DID NO-ONE THINK TO POLL THE FANS FOR WHAT THEY WANT TO SEE

terry.sc
17-03-2009, 10:09 PM
I'm surprised the teams voted for it to go ahead really....or did they just ask Ferrari?The rules are nothing to do with the teams, they all think - including Ferrari - it's crap as well.

Really great idea - not. It's now possible that, for example, the 4th and 6th places in the points could be the two drivers challenging for the world championship.:confused::thumbdown:

SHY
20-03-2009, 02:53 PM
Can you watch the BBC F1 broadcasts on the net?

terry.sc
20-03-2009, 04:10 PM
Yes, you'll be able to watch the race, qualifying and all the practice sessions on the BBC website - as long as you live in the UK.

telboy
20-03-2009, 04:52 PM
Hmm, Button was fastest the other day, and now Mclaren seem to have found some pace too. But were they just running light tanks? as they and williams both beat last weeks times.

Deffo gonna be interesting.

i4n
20-03-2009, 07:29 PM
At last, sense has prevailed http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7955790.stm (well, for this year anyway)

Northy
20-03-2009, 07:37 PM
Why do they make themselves look like utter cocks changing thier minds all the time? :thumbdown::thumbdown:

G

telboy
20-03-2009, 07:37 PM
YES!!!!

It seems that the teams didn't agree after all.:D

telboy
20-03-2009, 07:38 PM
Why do they make themselves look like utter cocks changing thier minds all the time? :thumbdown::thumbdown:

G

...because they are utter cocks!:woot:

Should've gone with the teams proposal of 12pts for the winner.

Northy
20-03-2009, 07:41 PM
Should just let someone who isn't a total and utter cock run the show..... :thumbsup:

G

terry.sc
20-03-2009, 08:24 PM
Love the way that now the FIA have been exposed as disregarding the same rules they created, it's all Bernies fault. :lol:
The excuse that they were told by Bernie that the teams were in favour of it is ridiculous, if they believed that why did none of them ask why the teams had proposed something different, or even asked one of the teams what they thought to confirm it.:lol:

Looks to me that they tried to show FOTA who's boss by rejecting their suggestion and going with their own idea, except it's backfired brilliantly.:thumbsup:

Southwell
20-03-2009, 08:29 PM
It's because FIA(T) tend to win the most races in the season :lol:

xjr14
20-03-2009, 09:38 PM
It`s all over, FOTA members got their will, they will race with the well known 2008 points system in Melbourne. A new system will most likely be introduced in 2010. Hopefully the one proposed by FOTA a few weeks ago....

bodgit
20-03-2009, 09:41 PM
full story on
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7955790.stm
thanks god we are in for some real racing again

Southwell
20-03-2009, 09:51 PM
thanks god we are in for some real racing again

What Moto GP? :woot:

xjr14
20-03-2009, 10:06 PM
not MotoGP timemachine back to the year 1990 :D....

when does the MotoGP season start again? watched the first Superbike events but those superbikes do not really give me the same pleasure as MotoGP. anyone been to a race? What`s it like, paddock access? Never been to a motorbike race :confused:

bodgit
20-03-2009, 10:18 PM
This is what its all about
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7925005.stm
check out Pique losing it with Salazar got to wonder why he punches him in the face when he,s got a helmet on

xjr14
20-03-2009, 10:25 PM
that`s a classic! I know the excellent clip but can not view that one. Damn internet knoews I`m in Germany and does not let me view it! :( ...but it`s the more serious version of Paul tracy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEn6zJpXry8 :thumbsup:

bodgit
20-03-2009, 10:33 PM
Its on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV0aQPLJNvA&feature=PlayList&p=7E10E7A93B731741&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=33

xjr14
20-03-2009, 10:39 PM
Thanks, didn`t remember it being on the old Hockenheimring! :thumbsup: Nice kicking move by Piquet :thumbsup:

Lee
20-03-2009, 10:44 PM
not MotoGP timemachine back to the year 1990 :D....

when does the MotoGP season start again? watched the first Superbike events but those superbikes do not really give me the same pleasure as MotoGP. anyone been to a race? What`s it like, paddock access? Never been to a motorbike race :confused:

Paddock access is excellent if you are a "guest/VIP" i have been to a few including one WSB race in valencia as a guest for the foggy/petronas team. That was a few years back now and an amazing piss up :thumbsup:

xjr14
20-03-2009, 10:58 PM
the guest/ VIP tickets are always ace, regardless of the racing series. The question is, are there tickets that can be bought by "normal"-non VIP people, all my VIP connections through IT firms seem to have disappeared :confused:

bodgit
22-03-2009, 07:45 PM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45590000/jpg/_45590193_ecclestone_get_226.jpg (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7957788.stm)http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/shared/img/o.gifNew rules set for 2010 - F1 boss (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7957788.stm)
Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone says the new scoring system he is championing will definitely be introduced next year

we can only hope he passes away before next year as he is the only one who wants this

strobe
22-03-2009, 08:11 PM
2 tossers to Dissapear from F1 for Good. Bernie ecclestone and Max Mosley. Get some young blood into the sport and excite it up a bit more.