PDA

View Full Version : One way diff roller bearings

Chrislong
24-03-2009, 10:16 AM
http://www.jespares.com/radio-controlled-models/helicopters/spares/e-flite/blade-400/e-flite-blade-400-one-way-bearing-6x10x12mm.html
Edit: Although listed, JEspares won't be stocking these due to supplier only able to supply in bulk. I have sourced these myself, and due to cost I will be selling these myself rather than the shop. (I have to get some for myslef, so have ordered extra incase anybody else needs some)

At weekend I had a one way diff bearing collapse, not only did it collapse but it also de-bonded from the alloy housing! So it was well and truly slipping. I check them after every run, so all this had happened in 1 run!!!! mental, but I was using the diff to correct it when rolling which is rather harsh...

The link above is the same bearing as used in the Schumacher one way diff, 6x10x12mm. They are quite easy to replace, I'll be doing a guide on the JE spares website shortly when I come to fix my own one way. We don't currently have stock but will shortly be getting some in. :thumbsup:

Southwell
24-03-2009, 10:19 AM
Find me the Losi ones and ill love you forever :lol:

Chrislong
24-03-2009, 10:25 AM
Hey Ian, well I don't have any here to measure but if you can provide the measurements its highly likely we will be able to source them from our supplier ;)

(BTW I owe thanks to Lyndsay Skelding for measuring my Cat SX bearings, I didn't have any callipers with me at weekend - and didn't realise JE Spares stocked this stuff (although listed as Helicopter spares), thanks mate)

Southwell
24-03-2009, 10:27 AM
Awesome, ill have an ask about and see if anyone has any unbuilt one ways so i can measure them.

Cheers dude.

MattW
24-03-2009, 12:35 PM
From memory i think the Losi ones are from the same manufacture, and "the next size down". They aren't all that difficult to get hold of, i have some at home in my old xx4 spares box. I think they are probably the same size as is used in the Cat SX layshaft one way.

Chrislong
24-03-2009, 12:40 PM
I think they are probably the same size as is used in the Cat SX layshaft one way.

If you know how to get the layshaft one way bearing out, can you let me know. It seems well bonded, I have a one way layshaft which has a dead bearing in it.

MattADH
24-03-2009, 01:15 PM
Andy Carter replaced his layshaft one-way bearing with a Losi one at the weekend. The only special tool required was the Dremel!

Chrislong
24-03-2009, 01:21 PM
Don't suppose you or Andy know the size or have any left to measure? Im just doing mine at the moment, Matt White says ones he has done just drop out - mine is proving to be a right pain, Ive got it moving with heat, but it is still well and truly bonded.

Gnarly Old Dog
24-03-2009, 01:24 PM
The only special tool required was the Dremel!

Not quite true. I also needed an Ellis - and he's a special kind of tool:p:p

Seriously though - I watched intently whilst Big E dremeled a Losi one out of it's housing and simply tapped my broken one out of the housing with the end of an allen driver.
A touch of superglue (applied with a scalpel blade) was enough to 'bond' the new one in place and the car went well enough to beat Big E in the nest round:thumbsup:
Guess that'll be the last time he helps me then:woot:

Chrislong
24-03-2009, 01:27 PM
Not quite true. I also needed an Ellis - and he's a special kind of tool:p:p

:lol: Do you have a part number for one of them?

Ive done it now, would have been really easy if I had a propper tw@ ting stick and a block of wood with a hole in it.

Gnarly Old Dog
24-03-2009, 01:44 PM
Sorry Chris - no idea.
It was robbed from E's Losi spares box for his X-5 so I guess you'll know from before which Losi ones you used to use.
It seemed to fit perfectly - there are some numbers etched on the side of the standard one but I couldn'r read them cos your eyesight starts to fail when you get as old as me:woot:

Chrislong
24-03-2009, 01:49 PM
Ok, well its 4x8x6mm for the layshaft bearing. So I guess this is same for the Losi oneway which Southwell needs (but different to the Apex oneway)

Chrislong
24-03-2009, 01:56 PM
HF0406 is the part number for the layshaft one way roller
HF0612 is the part number for the diff one way roller

Im going to get these in myself, as the shop need to buy in bulk to justify it. I can do it in small quantities.

I will have 1x HF0406 and 8x HF0612 for £5 each if anyone needs any. PM me.