PDA

View Full Version : Vintage at York Tonight ?

andys
27-01-2007, 04:23 PM
Sorry to start a new thread just for this, but I wanted to be sure before I trek over to York (not being to the new venue so may not get there at all !)

Anyhow.

Is the Vintage class on tonight, and can I race in it ? If so, what do I need as regards a motor, can I just run anything if my points don't count ?

Ta.

Andy.

Richard Lowe
27-01-2007, 05:10 PM
It's 4wd champ night today Andy, I dont think York normally run a vintage class except at vintage champ meetings.

Northy
27-01-2007, 05:29 PM
Vintage next Saturday Andy

G

Stu
28-01-2007, 10:38 AM
Sorry to start a new thread just for this, but I wanted to be sure before I trek over to York (not being to the new venue so may not get there at all !)

Anyhow.

Is the Vintage class on tonight, and can I race in it ? If so, what do I need as regards a motor, can I just run anything if my points don't count ?

Ta.

Andy.

If you want to race next week please do.
R.E. the motor - I am keeping the results from the meetings to do some scores but it's mostly just a series of 4 seperate meetings. A main part of the fun is seeing what the relative performance is of the old cars when they all run the control motor (HPI saturn). You'll not want to buy one for just one event but if you can find one with similar performance, you'll have a quick 27turn from the touring cars I assume?

Alternativly get a motor and race some more, I'm sure we'll be doing it again next winter, maybe even something this summer. Pete still has one of them left at the discounted price - £8.

What car ya' got?

Oscar
28-01-2007, 10:47 AM
What car ya' got?

He's got more than he lets on ;)

Stu
28-01-2007, 10:49 AM
Maybe be I should re-phrase to, 'What ya gonna run?'

andys
28-01-2007, 11:02 AM
Stu.

Bosscat, I gave it a run last night, but the old radio gear made it drive itself mostly and I broke the front end !

I reckon it could be well decent though, can't make it next week unfortunatley, but I should have it mended for the next time.

I've got a PB Maxima, a couple of Optima Mids, both in need of some TLC, and a soon to be restored to it's full glory Pro Cat.

Andy.