PDA

View Full Version : ATTN ALL CAT SX DRIVERS HELP NEEDED..!

panch
26-03-2009, 08:10 PM
Hi all..

Just ordered my Cat SX and having read through alot of the information on this site have picked up many useful tips which I will use when setting the car up..

Could any of you point me in the direction of a thread if one exists where you discuss the most vunerable parts on the car..?

Im sure that the majority of you guys dont break that much but in your oppinions what would you say are the main parts I should stock up on ??

All help very appreciated..:thumbsup:

Thanks

Lee

Chrislong
26-03-2009, 08:36 PM
All depends on how much abuse you'll give it. Personally I go OTT with spares and recommendations, but id rather not be caught short. Then ofcause there are certain spares which are essential. There are no real weak points if you build the car up properly. But leave the slipper loose and the spur gear will melt.

Essential spares:
The M3 cap head screws, especially the 12mm ones for the front of the front wishbones. Check these regular as they bend.

Front wishbones

Rear wishbones

Front shock tower

Rear shock tower

Front & Rear shock tower mounts (unless you upgrade to alloy)

Front hingepin and purple alloy parts

Wing mount 'O' rings

Belts.

Ballstuds and cups

Shock shafts

Spur gear

Not essential but worth having:

Driveshafts

Diff balls, thrust and plates

Bearings

Axle drive pins

Chassis top deck

Servo horns (upgrade this to an alloy ringed version)

Slipper pads

C hubs

Caster blocks (unless you upgrade to the 7.5degree alloy)

Rear hinge pins

Rear hubs

discostu
26-03-2009, 08:42 PM
in other words buy two:thumbsup:

stegger
26-03-2009, 08:49 PM
To be fair the car is almost bomb proof :thumbsup: your car should come with the upgraded diff outdrives which stops them from breaking:thumbsup: If you start to break front wishbones get the medium flex wishbones. Get some M3x10mm and M3x12mm cap head screws from northy on this forum and if you break the upper front transmission mount get the alloy version U3370

You won't regret it lee :)

panch
26-03-2009, 09:09 PM
Thanks Chris / Steggers..

I have been reading more through the forum and with that lot Chris just listed I think Disco Stu may have a good point lol..

Well I have already been on Northy's site, so will get on there tommorow and pick up some spare screws and white o rings..

And slowly but surely will start to buy a mountain of spares..

Are any of you guys running in the mid west regionals ??

Be nice to meet you all..

Cheers for the tips

Lee

Minster68
26-03-2009, 09:12 PM
I agree with stegger, the cat is pretty bomb proof. :thumbsup:

I have only gone for front wishbones and spare M3 bolts for the front suspension, but then again I only race the car indoors with a stock motor.

stegger
26-03-2009, 09:48 PM
Of all the off's i've had and that's a lot:woot: i've never broken anything at the rear of the car :thumbsup: i've said it know :lol::lol: it's all been at the front of the car which is were you would expect to break stuff.

Chrislong
27-03-2009, 08:59 AM
Like I said, I do go OTT with spares :D The car is strong.

I will be doing NW regionals, but come and watch a national - the one at Oswestry, and introduce yourself there.

stefke
27-03-2009, 11:58 AM
Like Chris, I went a bit OTT with spares (ended up getting a second kit), but IMHO you'll need these :

front wishbones
front and rear M3 suspension bolts
spur gear

Recommendable :

front shockshafts
front hingepins

That's about it.

panch
27-03-2009, 11:55 PM
Thanks for all the advise chaps, its very much appreciated..

Chris, Is Oswestry your local track ?? I am up there twice this year, once at the end of april for the border counties league and again for the mid west regionals in august..

Will have a look when the national is as I have quite a full calender this year, racing somewhere nearly every weekend !! :thumbsup:

Again, thanks for all the tips, im sure ill be tapping your knowledge banks again very soon... :D

Garry Spice
28-03-2009, 08:04 AM
i`ve taken off the right side front wishbone twice in 3 meetings(first wasnt my fault tho!).i managed to bend the hinge pin in the process! such skills!

strobe
28-03-2009, 10:44 AM
Panch.
Get over to Ledbury next Sunday. They are holding an electric 1/10 warm up meeting. Try out some of there new features:thumbsup:

panch
29-03-2009, 11:11 AM
Hi Strobe..

Will be at Ledbury next sunday, Doug emailed me ref the event, so will get myself booked in.. My little brother has just put his CAT order in too so now I have to build two and get two shells painted by the weekend, no pressure !! :thumbsup:

Strobe, whats your name ?? I will look out for you..

Lee

Panch.
Get over to Ledbury next Sunday. They are holding an electric 1/10 warm up meeting. Try out some of there new features:thumbsup:

Chrislong
29-03-2009, 03:43 PM
No Oswestry isn't my local track, I am just going there for the national. My local track is Bury - the best track in the country... :thumbsup: