PDA

View Full Version : EPR SE GP 2?????

brookie
30-03-2009, 09:44 PM
OK, at this stage this is purely a 'testing the water' exercise!
And yes we do appreciate that this is very short notice but that's due to unforseen circumstances!

With the unfortunate cancellation of the BRCA Indoor Finals this forthcoming weekend 04/05 April we have been thinking of running another 'one-off' Open meeting at EPR on Sunday 05 April 09.

Once again we would cater for all electric 1:10 off-road classes:

2WD
4WD Stock (minimum entries permitting!)
4WD Modified
Truck (minimum entries permitting!)

This would give drivers yet another opportunity to practice for both the forthcoming Regional series and for Round 3 of the BRCA National series.

All of this is of course dependant on your support, so could we have some feeling for drivers who may wish to attend, and quickly please?

If numbers are small we may still open the track for Open practice without Race Timing, which would be free to members, £5 for the day (arriving and leaving as and when you like!) for non-members.

EPR Committee

David Church
31-03-2009, 05:27 AM
Yes please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbs up:

Come on guys, show your support!!!!

pb1
31-03-2009, 08:02 AM
Me and jon are up for it

Guy
31-03-2009, 08:40 AM
Sounds like a great idea, 4wd and truck for me.

Southwell
31-03-2009, 01:00 PM
Yes, unless it's raining.

ryan
31-03-2009, 01:07 PM
Or your toes hurts... :lol:

brookie
31-03-2009, 01:12 PM
We've yet to finalise the details but we can confirm that this meeting is now Go! Go! Go!

Weather looks OK at the mo, Ian.

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/dayforecast.asp?zipcode=br3%203sr&day=5

Looks like the format maybe somewhat different to our normal meetings as we may be trialling our new BBK on the day!
It looks like it will be a long practice early on whilst we build the necesary files and then a short meeting later in the day, in fact much like a Stotfold type meeting!

And no doubt there'll be large screen TV's on in the clubhouse for the Formula 1 fans amongst us (and possibly laptops with TV cards in the pits!), so no avoiding the result!

We'll publish more details as they become available, so please watch this space!

EPR Committee

Southwell
31-03-2009, 01:17 PM
Will there be a shop in attendance? Im tyreless :woot:

David Church
31-03-2009, 03:50 PM
Will there be a shop in attendance? Im tyreless :woot:

I am sure we can sort you out with tyres.

trekkerkk
31-03-2009, 07:35 PM
ill be there sounds great to me:thumbsup:

trekkker

simoncook
31-03-2009, 08:20 PM
I will be there too :)

How does the new system work? Will it still use the hand out transponders? Does this allow EPR to use personal transponders?

cwilson
31-03-2009, 08:33 PM
Count me in for the meeting. I will be trailing my regional car at this meeting. Hopefully?

niggs98
01-04-2009, 06:18 AM
sounds good to me. team trouble should be there

HKP
02-04-2009, 09:34 AM
No PT support until we get our new decoder, but we will be trialling the BBK software that will allow us to use the new decoder and PTs once we buy all the kit.

It's a staged roll-out ;-)

mw02veg
02-04-2009, 01:02 PM
looks like im in aswell :thumbsup:

Guy
02-04-2009, 08:34 PM
Can I just check ... is it the case that there is no longer practice on Saturday?

Also, what is the start time for Sunday.

Cheers.

G.

David Church
02-04-2009, 08:40 PM
Yes there will still be practice on saturday.

The start time for sunday has not been decided as they will be trying to sort out a new timing program, but you should expect to start at 10am I think.

Guy
02-04-2009, 08:54 PM
Cool, many thanks.

David Church
02-04-2009, 09:05 PM
Cool, many thanks.

My pleasure!!!!!!!!

HKP
02-04-2009, 09:36 PM
Practice on Saturday will be after track works are finished by the way guys! Please feel to come down and help in the morning :)

Cheers!

Tom (joint-Race Director)

brookie
02-04-2009, 09:47 PM
Yes there will still be practice on saturday.

The start time for sunday has not been decided as they will be trying to sort out a new timing program, but you should expect to start at 10am I think.

Sorry to contradict DC but there is no way that we can, at this moment in time give a specific start time for racing on Sunday!

10:00AM would appear, from what I'm hearing form our technical boffins, to be very ambitious! All we would say is that we would like to get started v. late morning/lunchtime and that the meeting may well be abbreviated, possibly to two rounds of qualifying and a final for everybody, time permitting.
And if we fail to grasp BBK we may resort to our old friend RC-Timing.

Obviously before we actually start racing the track will be open for practice from as early as we get there!

Hope this clarfies,
EPR Committee

HKP
03-04-2009, 07:42 AM
Thanks Steve, that's spot on. If drivers can get there so we can start booking in around 10AM we'll then start practice. We may need some drivers to run around during practice with transponders to check the timing is working OK. Once we're happy with BBK we'll start the race.

Please can we ask all drivers to be as co-operative as possible during this test meeting, you will be really helping us get things ready for the regionals and the arrival of AMBrc and PT support (yay!), but it may not all plain sailing.

Thanks all :)

Tom

David Church
03-04-2009, 04:43 PM
Sorry to contradict DC but there is no way that we can, at this moment in time give a specific start time for racing on Sunday!

10:00AM would appear, from what I'm hearing form our technical boffins, to be very ambitious! All we would say is that we would like to get started v. late morning/lunchtime and that the meeting may well be abbreviated, possibly to two rounds of qualifying and a final for everybody, time permitting.
And if we fail to grasp BBK we may resort to our old friend RC-Timing.

Obviously before we actually start racing the track will be open for practice from as early as we get there!

Hope this clarfies,
EPR Committee

I had only said that cause I have every confidence in your wonderful ability!!!! And I am sure you will have it all running in about an hour!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Just kidding, I said 10am start so people were there at least a little before 10 :blush::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

trekkerkk
04-04-2009, 06:00 PM
i was wondering if any cat owners,
would have a spare front hingepin and the alli part that it fits into r/h side from memory,
i have ordered the parts but they havent come through,
so i can replace parts when i get my parts through
thanks
trekkker

mw02veg
04-04-2009, 06:11 PM
Hi Stew, have a pair of hingepins and i will have a look for the other bits.:thumbsup:

trekkerkk
04-04-2009, 07:14 PM
cool thanks:thumbsup:

trekkker

brookie
05-04-2009, 08:55 PM
Thanks to everybody that attended today, I hope a good time was had by all and it served a very useful purpose.
Special big thanks to Alex B and Tom S (HKP) in Race Control, getting to grips with the new BBK, despite one or two minor glitches looking good guys!

Good to see yet more new faces as well as the well worn regulars.

Just for the record our winners were:

4WD:
1st - Nathan Ralls (X11)
2nd - Grant Williams (Cat SX)
3rd - Stuart Band (Cat SX)

2WD:
1st - Chris Brooke (XXX-CR)
2nd - Alex Brayshaw (B4)
3rd - Barry Carolan (B4)

Special mention to our 'Driver of the Day', young Emma Howsham, still very early in her 'career' and learning but impressive spacial awarenes, always giving the faster cars plenty of opportunity to get by whilst staying on the track at the same time!

An example to many of the more experienced drivers out there!

And don't forget, BRCA SE Regional Championships 4WD Round 1 Eden Park Raceway, 19 April 2009, that's only TWO WEEKS away! Hope to see you all there! And don't forget there's a 2WD Open class for those that want it!

Guy
05-04-2009, 09:06 PM
Yet another great day, despite horrific radio trouble and a broken front diff! And then there's the truck ...

Big up to one and all.

Guy.

David Church
06-04-2009, 05:05 AM
Just to echo what has been said, Thanks to all!!!!!! Alex, Tom, and Steve!!!!:thumbsup:

It was fun to just race, no series, no points, just wrag it around!!!!!

We saw some stars of the future yesterday, Tom and Will,(thanks for coming Andy) and young Emma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am sure you all will keep improving and be right at the front soon!!!!

See you all at round 1 of the regional series.

Just 1 question: Raffle anyone????!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

niggs98
06-04-2009, 07:54 AM
was a great day. well done to the team in race control for getting the new software sorted asap. had a great time and nice to finally be coming back upto speed on epr ;) also a massive thanks from emma for her trophey for driver of the day. completely unexpected but she is still grinning from ear to ear even now. guess what her show and tell will be this week at school lmao :woot:

HKP
06-04-2009, 08:37 PM
Thanks for your patience drivers. Seems we have the hang of the new race control machine and software now. It will make everyone's life that bit easier in the future :)

p.s. as for a raffle - yes - the prizes will be DC painting your loo for you! :D