PDA

View Full Version : PC HELP

westie
05-04-2009, 06:02 PM
After 3 years of owning my pc windows have finally picked up its a dodgy copy, if i were to buy a windows xp cd of the internet could i just use that key to ativate my software? or do i need to reistall the whole thing?

cheers :thumbsup:

the mad1
05-04-2009, 06:08 PM
pm at ya

deepdale11
05-04-2009, 06:11 PM
I would say you just need the key......

col300
05-04-2009, 07:07 PM
After 3 years of owning my pc windows have finally picked up its a dodgy copy, if i were to buy a windows xp cd of the internet could i just use that key to ativate my software? or do i need to reistall the whole thing?

cheers :thumbsup:

Just system restore it to before the last update. Then change your auto update to notify first. Then you can select which updates you want to install in future.

westie
05-04-2009, 07:08 PM
Just system restore it to before the last update. Then change your auto update to notify first. Then you can select which updates you want to install in future.

Umm good idea il try it now :thumbsup:

Huckster522
05-04-2009, 08:29 PM
Hi, even if the system still fails the WGA it will still work fine and pickup any critical updates automatically, you will not be able to go to windows update site and collect non-critical updates though.

if you want to remove WGA just google remove wga and you will find many easy ways.

Huckster